Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
K-Jo's family is :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Has anyone with HBOGO watched this yet? I'm using the website with my dad's password and I can't find the series at all.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Only 24 hours? That kinda sucks.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
"First of all, you're not gonna block me. Second of all, you don't want to fight me. Third of all...I'm the man."

:allears:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Lotta irrational Watt haters itt.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Are people still upset about Watt poking fun at a divisional rival's QB?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

You're a Falcons fan. :colbert: That's an entire team of goobers.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

How did I miss that?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Chilichimp posted:

How did you not get that from my ninja edit of your original question?

edit: to clarify, we're all disappointed that he is a goober, because we had hoped he would be a rad dude.

I guess your answer to my original question is 'Yes,' then.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

You need to focus on your post quality a bit more, perhaps a trip to a deserted Cabin with no frills will set you right.

Edit lol I just realized you're on quite the jj watt crusade this thread.

I mean, I understand Swearinger is gone so you need another Texans to irrationally dislike.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Watts just a toolbag but an overall amazing player with a good heart, at least. Swearinger was just a cheap shotting shithead. Not even CLOSE.

So yes.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

PrinceRandom posted:

I never thought a guy who isn't a rapist would make someone so mad.

He lied, man. About what, I'm not entirely sure, but that language is really strong.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Ben JOwns

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I'm hoping they actually focus a little more on O'Brien's family at some point. Those of you finding yourself liking OB will probably like him more after seeing his wife.

Also, it's funny that people's biggest complaint about Watt is that he plays it up for the camera when Cushing is way more guilty of that (and it owns).

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I wasn't lying:

bhsman posted:

Ben JOwns

EDIT: Things as a Texans fan I'd like to see them still cover on the show:

-O'Brien's family, though maybe they'll save that for the end

-More on Rick Smith; he's really only been in the background so far despite being a really important figure on the team

-Louis Nix. Dude was known for being a funny guy at Notre Dame; while Ben Jones has (rightfully) stolen the funny guy spot on the show thus far, I'd like Nix to see more time

-Rahim Moore

-Whitney Mercilus's missing digit.

bhsman fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Aug 20, 2015

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
McClain knows his stuff and often is the first local guy to report stuff but is god-awful to follow on Twitter during Texans games.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

AAA DOLFAN posted:

If he doesn't belichick beats him.

I can't wait for that overrated coaching tree to just disappear.

Is a coaching tree overrated if people keep saying how bad it is?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Cush looked a lot better once he was able to take the knee brace off, at least.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Romeo sounds like an excited grandpa at his grandchild's sporting event asking for Watt. :3:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Moms are tough.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
FWIW, Cush came back to practice after throwing up, in a manner that befits him.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Intruder posted:

I'm partial to him wondering if they grill in space

e: gently caress I never knew about BOBs son :smith:

Really? I assumed there was no way to avoid hearing about it during game broadcasts or on all of the articles about him when he was hired.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Neil Armbong posted:

this show was the first I heard about it

Weird. Apparently Houston's medical facilities was one of the things they used to sell OB on the job.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Football fans think literally huddle speech is Ray Lewis-esque.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Lotta irrational Cush haters itt.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
If anyone remembers Manziel's last game against Duke, Labhart was the receiver that caught that TD pass on the insane run-around play.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

PrinceRandom posted:

I absolutely do, he had at least one other td.

Probably, I just wanted to give people perspective - like "Oh man, he was that guy??"

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Labhart isn't exactly chopped liver; he was on the practice squad last year and caught the game-winning two point conversion from Savage against Denver, so it wasn't like with Bonner where he was healthy but just couldn't pick up the offense. O'Brien recommending him as a coach (to the exclusion of the other players, too) I think spoke a lot about Labhart.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

PrinceRandom posted:

A future women's basketball coach

Maybe. :v:

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Labhart is completely terrible. Come on man.

Calm down?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Oh yeah I'm really losing my cool over here thanks for the breather

No problem.

Intruder posted:

I mean Labhart was never going to make the team, he didn't even make last year's team when we were trotting out Damaris Johnson and Keshawn Martin on the regular

Eh, Martin making it in over a UDFA doesn't shock me, and Damaris at least showed some pure speed and hasn't done much with it as of a year later.

PrinceRandom posted:

Ez, however, will.

I think we go with Chandler Worthy if we stick with six receivers. Nuk, Shorts, Washington, Strong, Mumphery is already a strong corps, and Worthy adds some return potential on punts.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Intruder posted:

I think it's going to be Worthy too, either him or they roll with 5 WRs

Honestly, I think we're either sticking with all seven cornerbacks and only five wideouts, or we trade one of the corners and keep Worthy.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
He might've had a chance if we hadn't tried to revamp the receiver corps this year in Dre's absence; even Mumphery has been better than expected for a rookie and he's fifth on the depth chart. Lab showed enough to at least make practice squad last year, but probably had no chance. Even EZ is gonna have to fight for a practice squad spot this year.

EDIT: And this is without mentioning guys like Worthy, EZ, Damaris Johnson, Keyshawn, etc.

bhsman fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Sep 3, 2015

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

PrinceRandom posted:

I thought EZ's used up all his practice squads...

Has he? poo poo. :(

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Spoeank posted:

bhsman are you Labhart? He's not good.

Are you Crazy?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

AAA DOLFAN posted:

You have got the absolute weirdest boner for me.

And yeah if only the team kept Andre Johnson around... scrubs like him around then maybe he'd have a real shot at the roster!

Says the guy that started this by reading my post incorrectly. :v: I see things haven't changed by the time you posted this one, either.

Neil Armbong posted:

he's a scrappy, white Aggie football player. of course someone from Houston is turgid for him.

I don't even like the Aggies. :shrug:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Yeah Im the one who started this. Certainly wasn't your insane homerism. Not at all. That doesn't even make sense because you double downed on your awful opinion and didn't expect rational fans to correct you. It happens.

You're the labhart of posting.

At least your poor reading comprehension gimmick is consistent.

EDIT: I'll just spell it out for you, since you seem to be having trouble with this to the point that I've actually gotten at least one PM about your posting since last night:

Labhart was, relatively to the average NFL wideout, pretty bad. He isn't nearly athletic enough, wasn't tall enough, and his positives - shiftiness/short-area-quickness and route-running - were already outclassed by other wideouts on the team. O'Brien also praised him for his mental attributes and recommended he take up coaching, as we all saw, but obviously that wasn't enough to stay on as a player.

He still gave the team some good plays, such as against Denver last year, and showed enough to make the practice squad, but since then the Texans added more than half of the wideouts that were on the 90-man squad (Jayce, Damaris, Washington, Shorts, Strong, Mumphery, and Worthy), leaving Labhart pegged squarely at probably the 11th-best wideout out of the dozen. If not for overhauling the position, maybe he makes the team, or at least practice squad (and who knows if they re-sign him after Thursday?).

I only brought this up because the show obviously took a lot of pains to make him the emotional focus of the episode. Sorry your head was so far up your own rear end that you read that as me being a blind homer you humongous hypocrite. Jesus Christ.

bhsman fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Sep 3, 2015

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

AAA DOLFAN posted:

No but for real, lol. You are back pedaling at such an impressive rate, you have a better chance of making the Texans than he does.

Pretty hard not to comprehend that. And now we can move on.

Whatever rationalization makes you sleep better, Crazy.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Azhais posted:

That's a weird way of spelling Charles James

No, they're gonna save him for next week. :devil:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

AAA DOLFAN posted:

How did I miss this in not only his post but your response Hahahaha

TFF is honestly a laugh track right now. I can't stop laughing at several threads. Thank you all.

Calm down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

AAA DOLFAN posted:

But back to the Texans who will actually see a roster spot -

If that bad rear end James dude makes the team is it strict utility or is he actually making an argument as a corner?

Corner in name (and depth) only; granted, he's making a really good argument to stick around but he would be the 7th or so on the team.

Athanatos posted:

They usually show more of the borderline guys putting in the time on special teams. I'm sure they are but maybe Bob Ligashesky isn't good on camera.

I'd guess both EZ and CJ make it.

Intruder and I talked about this a few pages back, but it basically comes down to whether the Texans want to split DB/WRs 7-to-5 or evenly at 6-6, and even if they kept six wideouts they're more likely to go with Nuk, Shorts, Washington (who is basically what EZ wants to be - a deep threat who actually catches passes), Strong, Mumphery, and Chandler Worthy (he had that speedy touchdown late against the Saints and can return punts), with guys like EZ and Keyshawn Martin being the odd men out.

tl;dr - At this point it seems like either James OR Nwachukwu (EZ) make the team, but not both, and while I like James's chances he's not guaranteed a spot either. The Texans play the Cowboys tonight if you guys want to catch a stream, as both of those players will likely be getting a lot of time to prove themselves.

EDIT: I should mention that EZ owns and I don't want to see him leave, but them's the breaks. :shrug:

bhsman fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 3, 2015

• Locked thread