Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

blue footed boobie posted:

United still have a dog turd for a defense and will rely on a seemingly 45 year old Wayne Rooney to score their goals.

It seems insane and if the rumours about LVG planning on Blind being a regular central defender are true I don't know wtf he is thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
sturridge appearances vs falcao goals

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

(Crystal Palace's point total)/2 vs. Newcastle's point total.

Crystal Palace will finish 8th, OP.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Blue Star Error posted:

Guess the number of managers Serie A will churn through competition with special guests Watford & Leeds

There's speculation one could be sacked before the season even starts, it's gonna be good this year.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Der Shovel posted:

It seems insane and if the rumours about LVG planning on Blind being a regular central defender are true I don't know wtf he is thinking.

I was hyped as gently caress because of the good signings and then in literally every pre-season game he picked Blind as a centre back, Depay upfront and Herrera and Smalling on the bench.

/shakes fist at the sky and bellows VAN GAAL!

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

i want city to win the league and then sack pellegrini and bring in pep and then watch as pep gets fully exposed as a foreign myth bitch fraud

thats my wish

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Raffles posted:

i want city to win the league and then sack pellegrini and bring in pep and then watch as pep gets fully exposed as a foreign myth bitch fraud

thats my wish

I agree with 3/4ths of this post but I'm not telling you which 3/4ths

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Blue Star Error posted:

My predictions are that Big Cameron Jerome will score more goals than people expect and Bradley Johnson will win goal of the season

I don't know, I expect him to get 3 or 4 goals, so thats a big ask.

vyelkin posted:

Falcao appearances vs. Falcao goals

Falcao's knees vs the ravages of time

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

There is a rumor that Sunderland are in for Pato. If that comes to fruition then definitely him vs Falcao.

Also I am excited about this season. It HAS to be better than the last one. Also we have an actual striker :unsmith:

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Chelsea will win, Newcastle will be relegated with zero points.

Psybro
May 12, 2002
I haven't posted about United in a long time because I haven't had anything nice to say but:

1) I am heartened that they have finally signed a midfield, albeit 7 years too late. Hopeful now Michael Carrick can spend a few games no longer resembling an Olympic swimmer trying to escape a river of poo poo.

2) Thought another defender was meant to follow Darmian but I guess it never happened?

3) Glad to see the back of RvP, who came to gloryhunt his PL trophy off Fergie and then predictably bottled it. Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

4) Conversely, a bit sad about Di Maria, who I still think is a sensational player but clearly is soft in the head. Can only think of Torres and loving Julio Baptista losing the plot that badly, ever.

5) Hopeful of a top three finish if van Gaal can resist the urge to be a mad Dutch oval office for 15-20 consecutive games. Would gladly have entertainment back in lieu of trophies.

6) Mr Potato

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Julio Baptista ruled

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.

United still have a dog turd for a defense and will rely on a seemingly 45 year old Wayne Rooney to score their goals.

Arsenal seem to have a good squad, but injuries.

Scouse Passport is like the opposite of African Passport. I bet Charlie Adam has one too.

Psybro
May 12, 2002

euroboy posted:

Julio Baptista ruled

The game where him and Adebayor absolutely destroyed the Scousers and still contrived to miss like 5 open goals was one of the best comedy games of all time.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Psybro posted:

The game where him and Adebayor absolutely destroyed the Scousers and still contrived to miss like 5 open goals was one of the best comedy games of all time.

He scored four and missed a penalty at Anfield, even Aliadiere scored.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Psybro posted:

Arsenal always had our number.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Ewar Woowar posted:

Arsenal always had our number.

and that number was 40,000,001

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Blue Star Error posted:

and that number was 40,000,001

Suarez is legally an arsenal player atm

Psybro
May 12, 2002

euroboy posted:

He scored four and missed a penalty at Anfield, even Aliadiere scored.

Scoring four at Anfield seems like a poor long-term decision for Arsenal players.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
I cant go to United - Spurs, someone buy my ticket, thanks

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Psybro posted:

Scoring four at Anfield seems like a poor long-term decision for Arsenal players.

True, but I think it's balanced out by the fates of those who score wondergoals against Arsenal.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

-Is Bastien Schewinsteiger old and past it?he is

Nice spelling he definitely is

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

gently caress didn't realise I had to wait until Sunday to watch Stoke batter us again

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

EvilHawk posted:

gently caress didn't realise I had to wait until Sunday to watch Stoke batter us again
I'm not a fan of this negativity, it's not the Liverpool way.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Hoops posted:

I'm not a fan of this negativity, it's not the Liverpool way.

Well not at this point in the season, at least.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

If you're not booming before the season actually starts you're doing it wrong.

I'm pretty optimistic tbh. Stoke won't have N'Zonzi and Begovic who have been great against us and supposedly Shawcross is injured too. Plus we had nothing really to play for last time and you could tell the players were just mentally spent.

We should be a lot more balanced this season and in Milner and Henderson we have a ton of energy that should hopefully mean we don't get overwhelmed like we did last season with a legless Gerrard. Also having a right back that can defend and an actual real life striker should help.

So with that I'm predicting a 1-1 draw. Booming!

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Weaponized Cum posted:

arsenal = poo poo

liverpool = shite

spurs = cool n' good

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Ewar Woowar posted:

If you're not booming before the season actually starts you're doing it wrong.

I'm pretty optimistic tbh. Stoke won't have N'Zonzi and Begovic who have been great against us and supposedly Shawcross is injured too. Plus we had nothing really to play for last time and you could tell the players were just mentally spent.

We should be a lot more balanced this season and in Milner and Henderson we have a ton of energy that should hopefully mean we don't get overwhelmed like we did last season with a legless Gerrard. Also having a right back that can defend and an actual real life striker should help.

So with that I'm predicting a 1-1 draw. Booming!

Afellay, Joselu and a returning Bojan will be too much for liverpoo

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

Brony Car posted:

Brendan Rodgers will have a lot of excuses and will not be in danger of getting fired until after March.

indeed. big ben 10 tekkers will score 14 league goals and Liverpool will finish 5th, ensuring Rodgers receives his marching orders, all the while still talking about character.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Byolante posted:

Afellay, Joselu and a returning Bojan will be too much for liverpoo
None of them will be starting, right? Everything I've read is that Hughes will probably go Walters, Mame, Arnie (if fit)

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

straight up brolic posted:

None of them will be starting, right? Everything I've read is that Hughes will probably go Walters, Mame, Arnie (if fit)

I loving hate Walters. He's exactly the kind of player that we always struggle with. Also he looks like he's be a right oval office.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lot 49 posted:

I was hyped as gently caress because of the good signings and then in literally every pre-season game he picked Blind as a centre back, Depay upfront and Herrera and Smalling on the bench.

I want to have faith in LVG because he's a likeable dude, but he seems like such a loving mentalist at times. Last season it seemed like he lucked into his only functional lineup through injuries, hit a great patch of form and produced some of the best football of recent years, then forgot all the lessons we'd learned.

After all the signings this summer I ought to be pumped as hell for the upcoming season, but really I'm making GBS threads it.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
If De Gea goes United won't make top four with that defence. It's even worse than city's. Liverpool have El Choclo now to put the team on his back and carry them on, United ought to be looking over their shoulders imho.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Eau de MacGowan posted:

If De Gea goes United won't make top four with that defence. It's even worse than city's. Liverpool have El Choclo now to put the team on his back and carry them on, United ought to be looking over their shoulders imho.

wait for van gaal's master plan to play rooney in defence

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Ewar Woowar posted:

I loving hate Walters. He's exactly the kind of player that we always struggle with. Also he looks like he's be a right oval office.

*opens up the big TRP book of memes*

Don't sign your posts

Der Shovel posted:

I want to have faith in LVG because he's a likeable dude, but he seems like such a loving mentalist at times. Last season it seemed like he lucked into his only functional lineup through injuries, hit a great patch of form and produced some of the best football of recent years, then forgot all the lessons we'd learned.

After all the signings this summer I ought to be pumped as hell for the upcoming season, but really I'm making GBS threads it.

van Gaal making GBS threads the bed and alienating nearly everyone at the club is pretty much inevitable. It's just a matter of when it'll happen - maybe this year, maybe next.
Still, United have a decent enough team that I could see them challenging for the title if everything goes their way.

Dunban fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Aug 4, 2015

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
up with the foot down with the chels

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Costa is going to be broken all the time and they won't win the league

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Sir Alex comfortably beat Arsenal with this midfield

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
football is back, hooray

this season is already better than last season, last season was garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

straight up brolic posted:

Sir Alex comfortably beat Arsenal with this midfield

wasn't this the game that made pogba leave?

• Locked thread