Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ljtrigirl posted:

Thank you! You're awesome! :D

A pleasant buzz and a free :10bux: leads to my good deed for the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
That was a pretty fast grab there SamV. You better be on the up and up.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

Ah so we're already starting fully in earnest? Why not give things more of a chance to simmer?

Well to be fair, I think this is only her first game on these forums, so she might not know the uniqueness of joke phase.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

How do we know that we can trust you? Why should we trust your incorruptibility?

Who would you prefer be holding it? What do you think of the other two people who tried to grab it?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

What other two people?

Sorry, I guess it's just one other person: ljtrigirl.

I thought I had saw another grab in there.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

Come, sit and eat! My mother always told me never to try to solve a murder on an empty stomach!

How do we know you're not trying to poison all of us and take the pearl for yourself?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Feh! So much for the wisdom of the self-proclaimed wisest man in town! I see the pearl is making you paranoid already, sir. I suggest locking it up, for the good of us all. No curse of the pearl compares to the darkness of men.

What about the Curse of the Black Pearl?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

What about the Curse of the Black Pearl?

Now I'm worried that this blue pearl will turn us all into immortal undead skeletons that can never taste food. I like tasting stuff drat it!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

Let me take an ECCO GUESS at this setup: The pearl is some sort of activator for roles. It definitely has a downside. If you're a vanilla person, you probably don't want the pearl unless you feel like you need to stop scum from picking it up.

That is my setup theorycrafting for day 1.

ninja: I guess the pearl could also transform a vanilla into a non-vanilla. I take back what I said.

I should jump on you for setup spec chat, but since I tend to do it as well, it'd be pretty hypocritical of me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

POTENTIAL SETUP SPEC SCUM RIGHT HERE ##vote TMSCUMMAN

After all the heat I took for massive setup spec chat in the Complete Bullshit game, I'm going to try not to do it so much.

Also, Keane is totally weirding me out. I don't know if he's scum, but I don't know what he's trying to do either.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

You shouldn't be taking heat for setup spec.

Yeah, tell that to other people. They really hated my setup spec.

Even though it turned out I was pretty drat close with most of my guessing.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

You shouldn't be taking heat for setup spec.

Also, if I shouldn't be taking heat for it, then why are you voting me for it! :mad:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

Jokes, friend. Jokes. ##unvote

I know, I know. I'm just having some fun with everyone else. :)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, you know what I haven't addressed yet?

Kashuno posted:

Agreed on Keane being really loving weird.

I'm not sure I like you agreeing with me since you're always trying to get me killed!

##vote Kashuno

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

(With flat inflection) Its all fun and games here.

*removes head, joylessly juggles it*

Are you also going to start sighing and saying you don't care about the pearl too?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Wow did anyone else see how long d1 is

I believe that Ecco usually favors longer early days and then shortens the deadlines for the later days.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

tbh I shitpost a lot.

This is very true.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

This is a bad vote and you should feel bad.

My vote was a joke, but after this post I'm comfortable with it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Gamerofthegame posted:

You should give me the pearl, for I am the dock warden. Warden of the docks! If I have the pearl then I know it will be safe, as I will put it in my fishery logbook safe, where I keep track of all the fishing totals but tonnage.

Pierre would have wanted to give me the pearl, as he was my friend. Good bye, Pierre. You were a noble fisherman. poo poo bitch you caught loving sharks.

This all feels off to me. First, you straight up ask for the pearl and use a flavor claim as justification. Then you use a weird emotional appeal to seal the deal.

You certainly weren't Pierre's only friend and since most of us are fisherman, I'm sure we've all caught a shark or two in our lives.

I don't know if I trust SSV with the pearl, but I'm content to leave it in his hands for then moment. He can accept the responsibility and danger that goes along with it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

This probably explains why he was LITERALLY MAD IRL

Are you the de facto mayor? Because we have some corruption to stealthily get away with.

I know it's our job on this island, but it sounds like you're role fishing here. It's a bit scummy imo.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

I can see how you might think it was rolefishing if mayor was a role? I've never heard of it. I thought the corruption part gave away that it was a joke!

Well I don't know about mayor, but I've seen Ecco use a governor in his last game. Mayor and governor could be used interchangeably for the purposes of role naming.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Hi friends I am in this game yes sirree I am

Well it's about time you checked in given how badly you wanted the game to start yesterday.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

$$

Venture to make a few guesses now?

You want me to engage in setup spec on D1? As much as I like setup spec, it's pretty baseless on D1 when there isn't any info available.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

It's the only time you can acceptably do it in lieu of content

Yeah but D1 speculation is more likely to lead town in the wrong direction because there is nothing to base the speculation on.

The only thing I'd really speculate on during D1 is the likely number of scum based on the amount of players in the game. In this case, probably 3 or 4 scum and possibly an SK. But again, that's just a guess.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EXAKT Science posted:

Assuming just a scumteam, it's probably five scum. If there's an SK, then four. Of course, there's almost certainly ~weirdness~ happening, because Ecco game.

Yeah, this being an Ecco game means it's even harder to do D1 setup spec. I've never played one before, but I did read most of the Lady Clarent game from a month or so ago, so I know weirdness is a think in Ecco games.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Anything is likely to lead town in the wrong direction. We have zero information so the chances are we're lynching town today. It seems like you're trying to make excuses to avoid getting lynched for something that got you lynched in the past.

Sorry, I hear posts like these are pretty worthless

Actually, I didn't get lynched for it but I got a lot of frustrated people yelling at me for setup spec, so I'm a little hesitant to do it on D1 with no real info. If I'm alive in a few days I'll be more than happy to delve back into it with more info.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

I didn't think he got it.

Does this mean I didn't get it or that GUISSEPPE didn't get it?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

You get that merk is scum? I'm not following any of this and it feels like some kind of secret language.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

Guys, I am in a conference call and have to pee very badly. Help.

Just pee on the floor. You don't have to clean it up.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ljtrigirl posted:

Governor changes a lynch, Mayor has double vote. Totally different things.

It's possible to switch names or powers around. Just because something is often named one way doesn't mean that it can't be changed for flavor purposes.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think the LJ votes are good because she is new to this site. Sure, she has played Mafia before and seems to be well versed in searching for scum, but it also seems rude to not give her at least until D2 to find her footing within this community.

I doubt I would still be playing if everyone voted me out on D1 of my very first game. Now granted that was a little different cause I hadn't ever played Mafia before, but the principle is the same: give the new person a day before you really go all out on them (even if they are scum).

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

My first game on SA ever I made a couple atrocious slips on d1 that should have gotten me lynched. I was forgiven because I was new. I was scum.

I know you were scum in your first game and it was still right to give you a pass on D1.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

I made it through the conference call, guys. by peeing myself

I added in what I read in my head.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

Massively Powerful Vanilla Keane.

Keane is so vanilla you can see the beans.

Wait a minute, those aren't beans!

Pull your pants back up Keane!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ljtrigirl posted:

You guys shouldn't not lynch me because I'm new to this site.

You should not lynch me because I'm good.

Scum found. It's a proven fact that nobody is good at Mafia.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

Similar to how nobody in your avatar is good at football :banjo:

Robbie Gould is objectively good at kicking the football. :mad:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

if there's meta here I'd like to hear it.

I see you said is and not was?

But Gould is still on the Bears. :confused:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This is just a standard lurker poke:

I'd like to see some posts from Chaoslord, ANarc, QPQ and Jedit.

Hal, Samfu and Meinberg you are on my radar for not posting a lot either.

I know you can't all be a posting superstar like me, but I'd still like to see some effort.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

If no content posts were bad I wouldn't post at all chaos :v:

In a world where dreams come true....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Joke phase ended :cry:

It's OK buddy. I don't really hate or even dislike you. I just like to poke fun at you.

:glomp:

• Locked thread