Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

##MISSION ACCEPTED

You don't choose the life, it chooses you. So I'm good with any role and team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

They sound like the best fitting choices, I'm onboard for them.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Some Numbers posted:

I'm content to stop. Silver people?

I'm a little late now, but in total agreement. Blindly guessing is a great way to hit the Assassin.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

West Coast best coast, although I'm one of those filthy commies with free healthcare.

Btw, if any of you has Tabletop Simulator, somebody uploaded a module for English + Russian Codenames. I got a few friends hooked last night and now we're all waiting for the boxed release.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Some Numbers posted:

Are you me? You sound like me.

I'm usually myself, but I can't 100% discount the possibility of being you. I guess we'll find out when there's a clue that isn't as obvious and we either think in lockstep or go our own ways.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

blackmongoose posted:

Neutral word (I'm at work, so I don't have awesome pictures).

My clue: ## HEAVEN - 2

silvergoose posted:

I'm thinking seven (rhyme) and sun (it's in the heavens).

Agreed, though I would guess sun before seven just to be safe?

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Mm, good catch. Gonna wait for Some Numbers to chime in though.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

The ##SUN shines brightly on our proud American patriots!

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Thinking president(ial debates), fallacy (used by bad and/or presidential debaters), and stretching for listener (moderator of a debate?) or (raise a) fuss as a kind of debate or could be tense for the atmosphere. Not in love with any of those three stretches though.

SilverMike fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Aug 8, 2015

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

I think we're agreed on fallacy? Unless something jumps out to you two, I don't want to push it beyond that. There are just too many stretches and I don't feel good about any of them. Plus we're ahead, assuming fallacy goes through.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Looks like we're together on not knowing what the hell that third one is. ##PASS and avoid an Assassin.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Listener sounds obvious.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Pretty sure you're overthinking it, squeeze is a stretch when chest is on the board.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Our guess needs more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-7UoKEO130

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Merauder posted:

Man, trying to associate our team's words together was super hard. @_@

Our remaining words were Invalid, Concentration, Desert, and Squeeze

For Construction-2, I was going for Concentration (you have to concentrate to build something right? Probably too broad.)

For Poker-2, I was making another go at Concentration while I had something else I could still link it to.

At Problem-2 I was really starting to...well...have a problem linking stuff well, and went for linking nuisance and Invalid (something invalid is a problem...I guess?!)

On the last one, as Gutter Owl mentioned the blue team had one softball of a word left to get so we had to get EVERYTHING in one shot. I was trying to link at least 3 of the remaining 4 together to give a chance at getting them all, but look at those last 4 words! What could/should I have done? So I went with the "just don't guess the Assassin word" clue and made it a free-for-all. :v:

Fun times regardless! Thanks GU for organizing and for all the sweet pictures!

You made a good attempt with what you were given, Merauder. That is a rough set of words to link up and dance around!

Anyway, good game all, this just cemented my desire to buy Codenames once I see it in my FLGS.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Yeah, until you try it once, it's hard to know the challenges of putting together clues that don't link up to anything else on the board. I don't know about other people, but it comes very naturally to me to group up words that have some sort of link, despite them being ones I want to stay away from.

##MISSION ACCEPTED, get me in for whatever's good.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Aston posted:

My favourite so far was the clue Soldiers 3 with both Private and Pilot on the table, neither of which were correct.

This deserves more love, what the hell were the intended guesses?

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

I'm thinking Greece and Olive because of the tale of the contest for Athens' patron deity, where Athena gave them an olive tree.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Istvun posted:

Let us do this poo poo. The poo poo, one could say, that is this.

##Athens: 2

SilverMike posted:

I'm thinking Greece and Olive because of the tale of the contest for Athens' patron deity, where Athena gave them an olive tree.

Comrades, your enthusiasm to check-in is commendable, but we have a decision in front of us!

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Capitalist scum can never turn down candy and cheap electronics, even at the expense of their fellows. Pathetic!

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Knife, maybe Pound (a hammer?), maybe Match, not happy with any other associations I could make.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

##GUESS MATCH

I think we should pass if this is right, too easy to hit a blue/assassin with that many fitting agents.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

rchandra posted:

##GUESS PENGUIN

After that obvious one, maybe Worm? She's a supervillain in a web novel that gets mentioned here a fair bit. Not sure on another.

Worm sounds good, Genius too.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Well drat. Still not seeing where Czech/Van/Face/Pound fit in with SUPERVILLAIN 3.

Sorry for putting forward Genius, it seemed good given how many supervillains are supposed to be scorned geniuses!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

I'm just sad Istvan didn't go NHL 4 for that clue. I would've had a decent shot at guessing Penguin/Van/Czech(Jagr! and some other guys maybe)/Face(off) and I don't think it comes close to any of the other agents.

• Locked thread