Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
## MISSION ACCEPTED

Would be glad to play Spymaster for either team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Here's red team's first clue:

## PREGNANCY: 2

Merauder fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Aug 6, 2015

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

silvergoose posted:

Remember to use hashes and bold! Also, don't say poo poo like that, it can provide information even if you don't know it. Just the clue and the number. ##backseatmodding

Whoops, missed the formatting on the clue submissions. Fixed!

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Red clue: ## CONSTRUCTION : 2

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

Lichtenstein posted:

##TENDER

gently caress you pussies, I'm going rogue like the Red October.

You revealed a Bystander, so our turn ends. At least it wasn't a :911: agent right?!

Team :911: is up for a clue!

e: beaten!

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Red clue,

## POKER : 2

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
## PROBLEM : 2

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Yeah, I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out the best approach, but it's not looking too good. Going to go with,

## CHILDREN : 0

(so that's 0 words associated with Children, unlimited guesses- go for broke team!)

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Man, trying to associate our team's words together was super hard. @_@

Our remaining words were Invalid, Concentration, Desert, and Squeeze

For Construction-2, I was going for Concentration (you have to concentrate to build something right? Probably too broad.)

For Poker-2, I was making another go at Concentration while I had something else I could still link it to.

At Problem-2 I was really starting to...well...have a problem linking stuff well, and went for linking nuisance and Invalid (something invalid is a problem...I guess?!)

On the last one, as Gutter Owl mentioned the blue team had one softball of a word left to get so we had to get EVERYTHING in one shot. I was trying to link at least 3 of the remaining 4 together to give a chance at getting them all, but look at those last 4 words! What could/should I have done? So I went with the "just don't guess the Assassin word" clue and made it a free-for-all. :v:

Fun times regardless! Thanks GU for organizing and for all the sweet pictures!

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
I feel like the 2nd word for the "Phantom" clue seems really obvious... but this from the losing Spymaster of game 1 may not mean anything. :downs:

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Was the second game completely random words again, or were they taken from the actual game? I think there's something to be said for the selection in the box and a lot of the crossover in terms it has, versus a total random list.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
I love how so many words in this game are homographs, and how so often the spymaster and the rest of the team are clearly on different pages regarding a single word. :v:

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
## MISSION ACCEPTED
I'll hop back into the queue, for the Red team preferably. I think it's time to try to get the Reds a win for once!

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Alright comrades, this is the one. Now is the time for our glorious rise to power. Do not fret for our fallen brothers in arms; their deaths will not have been in vain. :ussr::hist101:

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Theater - obviously
Rock - as in "and Roll", performed on stages.
Model - a catwalk is kind of like a stage as said above? Feels like a stretch.
Game - eSports are on a stage? Maybe? Also a stretch.

No idea what else. Let's start with ## GUESS: THEATER, and wait for more input.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
So between England, Rock, Model, and the others mentioned, what do we think is best second guess? After this I think a pass might be in order and we hold onto the 3rd Stage clue for later bonus guesses (assuming we get second guess right :v:)

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
I guess I'm feeling like doing ##GUESS: ROCK since it was more where I went initially. Model feels like a big maybe to me, and if we're already leading I think it's safer to just pass after this one and keep Model for a possible future add-on word.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Holy poo poo what happen
I'm apparently terrible at Internet Codenames, and way better at it in person. Or something. Thanks for the gracious restart!

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Should be Pyramid and Roulette. I am not jumping out on these though, as I am a bit gun-shy after last time.

Coincidentally, I just spent all week in Vegas for a work thing. Never actually visited the Luxor though, on my to-do for next time. :rolldice:

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Hard ## PASS. Was sweating bullets enough that the second guess was right! Hopefully the team agrees.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Tablet and Pipe I'm thinking?

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
I'm thinking Beat and Iron for other words. Thoughts, comrades?

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
##GUESS: IRON

please don't gently caress us again please don't gently caress is again pleaseeeeee

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Definitely a ## PASS.

WE COMIN' FOR YOU, BLUES

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

Gimnbo posted:

I can't say I would have begrudged either a pass or a Hail Mary guess.

We could have gone for one more, but odds were we would hit a neutral and just make Blue's next clue that much easier (potentially). And then of course there's the chance we hit a blue word, or worse yet the Assassin again. Isn't worth the risk I think, even if they have a potentially easy clue here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

BonHair posted:

Generally: You guys need way more racism to play this game: "hood" was meant as "place where black people live and commit crime", and obviously all Mexicans are criminals too. Similarly, cleaning staff are obviously Mexican. I guess not being racist is good in general though.

Playing IRL the other day a guy gave the clue "BACK : 2".
His words were "Seat", and "Wet". His team did not correctly guess them, and we're okay with that. :v:

• Locked thread