Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Hey, one of my favourite games of all time! I can pick these games up and replay them any time, especially We Heart Katamari.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Carbon dioxide posted:

It's funny. All astrological sign names in Dutch are common language versions of the Latin words English speakers use. I guess the Latin terms make astrology sound more profound/magic/whatever? I always found it a bit of a strange difference between languages.
For history reasons Latin has some prestige in the English language, so English speakers use Latin words for things like scientific terminology (or just to make things sound fancy), while a lot of Germanic languages just use the word in their native language.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

My copy of Katamari Forever arrived today!

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

ChorpSaway posted:

drat you for that is the one game in the series I can't play. I will forever be taunted with missing out on the Robo-King and also the cousin that is a uni-wheel car.
But hope you enjoy it!
Almost all of the maps are from previous games, and all the music is remixed stuff. It's actually kind of a let-down, even though the end result is "oh no I have to play all these games that I love over again".

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Agent Interrobang posted:

This isn't QUITE true. Half of the levels are remixed versions of classic levels, but Robo-King's side of the game is entirely new content. Also the music remixes are all awesome.
I'm almost done Robo-King's levels and I only spotted two new maps with three stages between them. Have you played Beautiful Katamari? The lion's share of the game is taken from that one (as well as We Love Katamari).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Agent Interrobang posted:

Ah, fair point. I did miss Beautiful. I still LIKE Katamari Forever but it is definitely more of a nostalgia trip than anything else.
I take back a lot of the bad things about the game now that I've seen Katamari Drive. I wish you could turn off some of the new graphics though like the black and white, it makes some of the more gimmicky levels extremely hard.

EDIT: The game gets really choppy at some points too which is surprising as it's not much more advanced than the PS2 games

Tippecanoe fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Aug 21, 2015

• Locked thread