Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Edward IV posted:

It then drags in a bunch of extraneous characters and plot lines that gets haphazardly wrapped into the main plot

In all, it seemed they didn't know what to do with the story whether it was supposed to be slice of life, sport, mystery, or action/sci-fi and the story got more stupid towards the end.

I disagree ith that completely. You may be right, and I may be reading purpose into it here there is none. But I think Robotics;Notes kne exactly hit it as doing. The entire thing, all the plot lines and the characters, are essentially a Rube Goldberg machine. It all builds up to and comes together at the moment hen Akiho realizes that the robot she built actually is going to defeat evil and save the orld. The last to episodes are the most cliche giant robot story possible, but the route it takes to get there is so circuitous and eird, it's just onderful.

As I said, I might just be forcing meaning onto hat is just bad story-riting, and even if I'm right I understand hy other people don't care for it, but it hit my taste just perfectly.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Ho am I supposed to use a keyboard ith a laptop?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Anatharon posted:

I have no idea what any of these things are

imo anyone who lists 30 things and names none of them should be shot. or forced to watch western animation.

If you don't recognize Guyver, maybe you should be the one to "get out"

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Trihugger posted:

I don't know what the last picture is suppose to be about, but it looks to me like it was set in Glorantha's Dragon Pass with Ray Romano as the Red Goddess. Which sounds like a loving amazing anime.

he expected it to be good like Gundam Wing, but instead it was terrible like Ray Romana, and also Mars Rays

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I like Family Guy.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Admitting you were confused by G-Reco is basically owning youself.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Tabletops posted:

It wasn't confusing, it was just dumb and bad. As someone who absolutely loves Turn A It was really disappointing. It started out strong, I was super hooked like 5 episodes in but it devolved so quickly and just became the worst. There was a hefty amount of quality in it towards the end as well, though obviously the gundoh reference was just hyperbole. So much breaking of "show don't tell" through the middle part of the show, so much useless dialogue and silly machinations. It didn't help that it was a bit of a rehash of Turn A's storyline (kind of), but just a lot worse.

There are a lot of things to like about it individually, but when you put them all together it's just a pile of trash.

You are literally the first person in human history, and possibly the last ever, to accuse Reconguista of breaking "show don't tell" and having too much dialogue.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
That's the best recommendation for Bakemonogatari I've ever seen.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Dessel posted:

What is the show in the center top and is it any good?

Armor Hunter Mellowlink, and it's really great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Mikl posted:

This makes me want to watch Heavy Object. Should I?

it's not completely terrible. Give it an episode and if the constant, constant dialogue doesn't make you want to murder the main characters, continue on

• Locked thread