Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Dog/cat 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Elect me and I will somehow make a mean rear end shiba Inu a senator

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
America isn't ready for a cat vice president.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

i like your platform. how do you feel about ferrets and other weird hipster pets

Rhizoids
Jul 4, 2009

by Ralp

hemophilia posted:

Black people aren't a hive mind and bernie sanders has engaged them more than any other candidate at present, just fyi

Actually the blacks are a hivemind I know this because these protestors represent the views of the black lives matter movement as well as that of the black political monolith when they called Sanders a white supremacist progressive

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Miltank posted:

The American left needs a leader.

The American left needs let go of their bourgeois morality and blow some poo poo up.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Aug 9, 2015

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

so democracy
very voting
much political
wow

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Adventure Pigeon posted:

i like your platform. how do you feel about ferrets and other weird hipster pets

Ferrets smell awful

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
Legitimate grassroots activism has a lot of problems. Protests need the support of idiots, but when you don't have real organization or visible leadership, those idiots can end up loving up your image and messaging while having no less legitimacy afforded to them as anybody else within the movement. Youtube has made it a lot easier for that to happen.

Protests are supposed to win people over to your cause and/or intimidate the opposition enough for them to make concessions. You ain't gonna get far if you're just making an embarrassing spectacle of yourself and annoying people.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Miltank posted:

America isn't ready for a cat vice president.

If you don't rlect this cat you will end up with ferret/weird lizard thing 2016 buddy

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

FreudianSlippers posted:

The American needs let go of their bourgeois morality and blow some poo poo up.

:agreed:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I think terrorism is bad.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Mayeb don't advocate terrorism?

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Whatev posted:

Legitimate grassroots activism has a lot of problems. Protests need the support of idiots, but when you don't have real organization or visible leadership, those idiots can end up loving up your image and messaging while having no less legitimacy afforded to them as anybody else within the movement. Youtube has made it a lot easier for that to happen.

Protests are supposed to win people over to your cause and/or intimidate the opposition enough for them to make concessions. You ain't gonna get far if you're just making an embarrassing spectacle of yourself and annoying people.

the main purpose of modern left wing movements is to grab attention from other left wing movements

meanwhile trump is fingering himself while dreaming of the mexicaust

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Bernie Sanders is the most progressive left leaning politician to come along in literally decades and huge swaths of self described 'liberals' won't support him because they think he isn't pushing hard enough on petty poo poo like labeling GMOs or crazy poo poo like advocating for a full communist takeover of the government.

gently caress us

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
the reaction of white liberals to black protests of bernie sanders pretty much confirms the necessity of black protests of bernie sanders

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
the real problem is the reds in colleges filling these kids heads up with this garbage. they didnt come up with blasting out white supremacists labels all on their own.

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
I too feel strongly about this

Let's all just get angry at everything and yell. It will solve all problems

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Ferrets smell awful

ok i'm on board lets do this

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

mdm posted:

people complaining about manspreading aren't leftists they're just retarded
it's true that lefties (feminist lefties in particular) aren't raising a stink about abortion bans and would rather do stupid poo poo that helps no one. sites like jezebel and xojane write about kim kardashian or self-obsession because it's easier than doing anything

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Y-Hat posted:

it's true that lefties (feminist lefties in particular) aren't raising a stink about abortion bans and would rather do stupid poo poo that helps no one. sites like jezebel and xojane write about kim kardashian or self-obsession because it's easier than doing anything

don't forget the "rich white intern with family connections talks about her sex life/partying in graphic detail", or that might just mostly be vice idk

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!

nullEntityRNG posted:

I too feel strongly about this

Let's all just get angry at everything and yell. It will solve all problems

I'm glad that forums poster nulEntityRNG is above the fray and can't be phased by things like this. Cool as a loving cucumber.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Bernie Sanders is the most progressive left leaning politician to come along in literally decades and huge swaths of self described 'liberals' won't support him because they think he isn't pushing hard enough on petty poo poo like labeling GMOs or crazy poo poo like advocating for a full communist takeover of the government.

gently caress us

no he's in favor of labeling GMOs

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

BeanBandit posted:

I'm glad that forums poster nulEntityRNG is above the fray and can't be phased by things like this. Cool as a loving cucumber.

You too will give up on life and just expect that all is lost and any hope of sanity will be brushed aside by people louder and stupider than you. I wish I could get angry about it, but I honestly can't because it makes I'm just so drained of hearing stuff like this :(

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Business Gorillas posted:

don't forget the "rich white intern with family connections talks about her sex life/partying in graphic detail", or that might just mostly be vice idk
that falls under the umbrella of "self-obsession." by the way, say what you want about Lena Dunham (and i do, on a fairly regular basis, because she's a braindead moron), but at least reproductive rights is a pet issue for her

today's feminism is either getting angry at pop culture minutae or sheryl sandberg corner office bullshit. both of them make second-wave feminism look radically inclusive by comparison. but they're not interested in making a difference because

Adventure Pigeon posted:

the main purpose of modern left wing movements is to grab attention from other left wing movements

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
It was actually really smart of him to just sit back and let her yell for a while, then focus on the other rally later that day

Imagine if he had actually tried to take the mic back, the headlines would have been screaming SANDERS ATTACKS BLACK WOMAN ON STAGE for forever

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!

nullEntityRNG posted:

You too will give up on life and just expect that all is lost and any hope of sanity will be brushed aside by people louder and stupider than you. I wish I could get angry about it, but I honestly can't because it makes I'm just so drained of hearing stuff like this :(

I think I might have already arrived at that station. Now I'm just sitting here on the bench with my head in my hands.

I apologize for my flippant remark.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

boom boom boom posted:

Mayeb don't advocate terrorism?

It's only terrorism if it's done by scary forane ethnics.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I'm surprised there were black people in Seattle tbh.

At least non-homeless ones

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
It seems odd to attack an aging social democrat over race issues, as opposed to the openly racist party. Suspicious even.

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.

Agag posted:

It seems odd to attack an aging social democrat over race issues, as opposed to the openly racist party. Suspicious even.

the problem is that everyone knows that republicans are racist, but white liberals are just as racist and think they're not.

Triamcinolone
Oct 18, 2009

logical phalluses posted:

the problem is that everyone knows that republicans are racist, but white liberals are just as racist and think they're not.

dude if you really think this and think this was a super awesome thing that happened ur loving delusional

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Agag posted:

I bet if you drive them down to Texas and Florida they might protest 'em.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

White liberals are often racist, but all of the active racism comes from the right wing, be it columns about how Mexicans are rapists and blacks are intellectually inferior, or gofunmes for murderous cops.

Bernie Sanders is a hundred year old man who talks about making sure the working class can eventually retire.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Republicans are enacting legislation across the country to literally stop black people from voting, but Democrats... uh,

...uh...

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

computer parts posted:

no he's in favor of labeling GMOs

Then some other little pet issue

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

Republicans are enacting legislation across the country to literally stop black people from voting, but Democrats... uh,

...uh...

People who subscribe to the South Park way of "both sides are just as bad" are retarded.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

it's pretty funny that we have some people supporting picking through liberals with a fine tooth comb to find racial wrongthink while the other half of the country is trying to decide how high the wall that will keep the brown people out should be

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR

Whatev posted:

Legitimate grassroots activism has a lot of problems.

Yeah just look at what happened to OWS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
i want to play some zelda, like zelda 1 or something

• Locked thread