Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
chom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
chomp

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
but seriously this poo poo when i open facebook stalls me entire pc

this pc has like 4 cores... over a dozen gigabytes of ram. a solid sate hard drive... gigahertz of processing power

and chrome plus facebook makes the entire pc freeze for seoncds.. na d this is on windows 7... which we all know was microsofts opus...

what the hell, chom??????????

larry google had better get his rear end into gear coz i wonder what people with a less than savioury rig is going to feel

is firefox really the only alternative..??? jesus christ

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
firefox wfm and suits my needs really well it's also not inside-out harlequin baby dick poo poo

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
youre not supposed to feel it, youre supposed to use it to view web page on internet, hth

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the thing is chome has some nice things that firefox just dont

lie the magic bar... hit sea tee are elle tee and just type... web address... name, rememmeber... addreees... url??

lack of magic bar in firefox bits just face it

and the tabs... on top of window... that poo poo ownss.... and when u closeing multiple tabs they are predictbaly where u want them

in some ways chrome just polishes cock like nothing else can achieve

George
Nov 27, 2004

firefox started putting tabs on top and it's horrible

I have to go into setting and rip all the loving wires out just to make it look like a web browser

don't even get me started echi you're triggering me hard and I don't appreciate it one bit

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
no bro lets break down in front of everyone

firexfox fuckin updates so often it does my head in. at least firefox has the shame to not tell you and continuing looking jhus the same

but this facebook bug.... its happened before... and they fixed it ... and tey will fix it again

but there is too much that poo poo about any other bropwser than i just cannot handle

does firefox even have drivers fr mechanical keybioards?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
when was the last time you used firefox? 2006? it has all that poo poo and doesn't lag on facebook. it also doesn't eat a gig of ram for every 2 tab you have open

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lame bro chomre doenst destory ram plus i used it like a week or ago or idk my wife had firefox on this poc and thats her browser. her logins etc are all setip

MaliciousBiz
Mar 28, 2010

I Pay to Poast on Internet
Sounds like you got....

S C R O O G L E D

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
eek

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

lame bro chomre doenst destory ram plus i used it like a week or ago or idk my wife had firefox on this poc and thats her browser. her logins etc are all setip

firefox is good now. it uses less ram than chome

George
Nov 27, 2004

guys i have ram that's no tthe issue here

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
firefox is good now is like 2 in 1 conditioners always admitting they used to be bad but now they;re good

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i dont see how its like that

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
u say "its good now", but thats always the message

the the 2015 is the year of the linx on the desktop, of browser apologies

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
firefox pissed me off (I forgot why) and ever since I got a new computer I've been using chome and it's suiting my needs

I know it's bad for animated gifs but these days I don't see much of those anyway

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
if there was a Chromecast plugin for Firefox I would p much never use chome

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i use chrome and don't see any of this facebook lag.

maybe u have a virus?!?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I'm ready to chrome right now
(I'm feelin this!)
the threads are all gold from lols
(I'm feelin this!)
let me post in the YOS
(I'm feelin this!)
I love all the posts you do
(I'm feelin this!)

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i hope you didn't fall for this :ohdear:

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

echinopsis posted:

lie the magic bar... hit sea tee are elle tee and just type... web address... name, rememmeber... addreees... url??
idk what this means but i've long found firefox's address bar much more helpful than chome's, you can search history by page title and the suggestions it gives are actually useful rather than chome giving you 1 thing you didn't want then 4 other things that are basically identical

idk tho both of our experiences are probably hampered by having not enough of a history/bookmarks/etc sample in our respective non-preferred browsers

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Symbolic Butt posted:

firefox pissed me off (I forgot why) and ever since I got a new computer I've been using chome and it's suiting my needs

I know it's bad for animated gifs but these days I don't see much of those anyway

same

might go back to try ff again, but don't really feel the need to either

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
websites have expanded to occupy all the RAM and processing power available to them and there is nothing to gain from selectively using slightly less memory so that another website running in a different tab can benefit

I don't blame the browsers

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

chome

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
chrome is bad op

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

have you considered using internet explorer 11, op?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

edge

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

akadajet posted:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jony ive aces posted:

idk what this means but i've long found firefox's address bar much more helpful than chome's, you can search history by page title and the suggestions it gives are actually useful rather than chome giving you 1 thing you didn't want then 4 other things that are basically identical

idk tho both of our experiences are probably hampered by having not enough of a history/bookmarks/etc sample in our respective non-preferred browsers

hmm mybae i mean i like the idea that its either a google search or a url and the google results come up in the bar, i dont have to go to google as such

maybe history serach would be boneriferic?

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

echinopsis posted:

hmm mybae i mean i like the idea that its either a google search or a url and the google results come up in the bar, i dont have to go to google as such

maybe history serach would be boneriferic?

you can do google searches in the firefox bar, dude

the dedicated search bar is a thing of the past

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
edge is unironically the best browser now

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

use Firefox with ublock and ghostery, that's all you need

hth

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I was a huge chrome fan but streaming anything eventually caused my whole computer to chug

Switched to Firefox with unlock and haven't looked back

It's too bad Edge doesnt have extensions because its pretty responsive

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
7 years ago: who this chrome thing does one process per tab it's sooooo much better

today: why the gently caress is chrome using 30 processes for 3 tabs??

pram
Jun 10, 2001

akadajet posted:

lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

it's alphabet cchmeoe now, op

George
Nov 27, 2004

Can I get an extension for Firefox that will track my online behavior and report it to alphabet agencies tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

George posted:

Can I get an extension for Firefox that will track my online behavior and report it to alphabet agencies tia

yes it's called tor

• Locked thread