Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Breath Ray posted:

How are they improved?

You can't guarantee transfers anymore by throwing enough money at things, you can only try to initiate talks and then try to make adjustments that reduce the % of a successful deal. Scouts have an actual function, since the players on your scouting list will be given a boost to the negotiation chance. Also, developing players are much more fairly costed, you can't just buy 16-year-old Totti and Lampard for 5 million anymore. Teams will demand 30 million+ if they'll agree to start negotiations at all.

Players develop skill cards now based on their position, and you can see predicted development curves. It also takes a lot longer for young players to develop, so regens don't become monsters right away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Chas McGill posted:

Negotiating transfers and player wages is better. The scout actually finds useful players sometimes. Players gain traits, skills, and nicknames as you develop them. Don't think that was possible in 2015.

What's development like do you have to spend hours on the training groubd or do you just say Striker - you focus on shooting.?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Breath Ray posted:

What's development like do you have to spend hours on the training groubd or do you just say Striker - you focus on shooting.?

No, you can just assign general areas for players to work on (Speed, Defense, Physical, Shooting etc) or leave it at Balanced. Once in a while young players will start to develop very quickly over a period of 6 games or so which is fun to see.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The latter, you don't need to control them to train them. Just select a focus. I think they probably benefit more from playing time than the training, although I haven't checked to see if some turbonerd has made a spreadsheet somewhere.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Granted I played only one game of each demo so far, but this feels so much better than FIFA 16 it's not even funny. Wasn't expecting this.

Scored this, feels good having both the team I support and our arch rivals licensed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDN12JBWUlM

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Oct 10, 2015

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Nice, looks like they've improved the physics so the ball leaves your boot the right way

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The physics are super tight - the ball almost always looks like it's touching the boot/head properly on contact.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I'm pleased because I thought the physics would be the same as last year. Anything else changed in game? Do the players look at the ball when it drops over their shoulder or do they just wind up to hit it intuitively? I'm just nitpicking now haha

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

For the guy who was asking if skill moves were useful, here are some goals (Totti and Di Natale):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e6f0ixV4Hs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEmCgyHBpXU

Also Bernat just did this with his right foot, I don't even know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1i2v3HecZU

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

The formation write up was excellent and I identified a few areas where I was doing the opposite of the intended affect (namely, agressive vs. conservative defense). Any tips for defending in general? On superstar, I can't take the ball away from the AI very easily. Top Player is just hilariously easy in comparison.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I can't play any more I have lost six out of seven games. Especially enjoy it when my defender is joint first to a ball and I press pass to knock it back to the keeper and he makes a block tackle instead and then even 1-star team strikers can deftly lob my stranded keeper 9 times out of 10.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

NNick posted:

The formation write up was excellent and I identified a few areas where I was doing the opposite of the intended affect (namely, agressive vs. conservative defense). Any tips for defending in general? On superstar, I can't take the ball away from the AI very easily. Top Player is just hilariously easy in comparison.

Sure -- play defense with your midfielders as much as possible, looking to cut off passing lanes and going in for the tackle if they start making longer dribbles. When controlling with your defenders, especially CB's, focus on staying in a good position and using the assist button to pressure the ball carriers rather than going for tackles. Even if you don't get beaten, pulling a CB off the line will make the other defenders shift to compensate and will create holes in the defense. Finally, get really familiar with R2 for more precise positioning and to make yourself wide for tackles as attackers try to dribble past your guys.

I personally prefer playing some variation of 4-5-1 with Frontline Pressure/Middle/Conservative, with a high and compact defensive line. It packs the midfield, then allows you to create a trap situation when they pass the ball into the gap between your midfield and defense. You can sometimes get overloaded on the flanks, but no defensive system is perfect.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Breath Ray posted:

I can't play any more I have lost six out of seven games. Especially enjoy it when my defender is joint first to a ball and I press pass to knock it back to the keeper and he makes a block tackle instead and then even 1-star team strikers can deftly lob my stranded keeper 9 times out of 10.

Try getting used to using super cancel (R1+R2). It'll cancel any queued actions, so if you're quick you can prevent the wrong action from coming out if you misjudged who had possession.

I'd also just try slowing things down, usually what gets people frustrated is trying to score with lots of through balls and trying to dribble at speed. Using build up play and then pressing the advantage after you beat a defender with a clever turn yields much better results.

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Oct 30, 2015

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I bought regen Quaresma and he taught like half my team the rabona.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Chas McGill posted:

I bought regen Quaresma and he taught like half my team the rabona.

Mexes taught my keeper Acrobatic Finishing. I don't even know.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Mexes taught my keeper Acrobatic Finishing. I don't even know.

Have you seen a Mexes goal?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Soulex posted:

Have you seen a Mexes goal?

Sure, but why is he teaching Julio Cesar how to do bicycle kicks?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Sure, but why is he teaching Julio Cesar how to do bicycle kicks?

I'd be inspired. Hell.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I've bought the game now and I love its looseness and the changes. But how do you make auto subs a default thing without going in to team management? I trust the computer to do what's right for me.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
OK - found it. Just needed to press the down button to where it was hidden. Thanks to everyone who wrote in.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
So what is the process for updating kits? Do.you have to use the ps4 browser?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
The online pro evo community is agog with news of a big update

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Hey, if anyone still plays this on PS4 let me know. It's getting real old playing against Real Madrid over and over again in online divisions, would love to play some games with the 4-star and below teams.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

The demo for PES 2017 came out a week ago and from a gameplay standpoint, it's shockingly good. Much bigger difference than from '15->'16. Trying to decide if I should put the effort into making a thread for it, considering how few people posted in this one.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I will likely post a couple times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Chas McGill posted:

I will likely post a couple times.

okay I made it :toot: