Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Draft season is upon us and to keep the general fantasy football thread from getting mucked up with RMT stuff, here's a different thread.

Rules:

State your format (PPR, 2 QB, 3 WR, etc)
State the number of teams in your league
Put your pick slot or your auction values. You can post final results or your drafting order, whichever works best for you.

I'm going to repost my NFL.com team because seriously what is this team (10 team league)
#1 overall pick
Standard Scoring w/6 pt passing TDs

Haha, looks good! Top 2 QB, something like 4-5 top 20 RBs, though I'm sure a couple will bust unexpectedly, great starters and depth at WR. Can I ask what the hell happened in your draft that you (I assume) got Bell at 1.01, then Green and Luck lasted to 20 and 21?? Any dumb (in your opinion) reaches in the first two rounds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

The answer to both of your questions is idiots. Idiots who make NFL.com in-draft room ranks and idiots who follow them. Here was the first 3 rounds. This draft was a joke, and it wasn't so much awful reaches as it was people following the NFL.com draft grades.

Le'Veon Bell
Adrian Peterson
Eddie Lacy
Jamaal Charles
Marshawn Lynch
Matt Forte
Antonio Brown
Aaron Rodgers
LeSean McCoy
Dez Bryant
Julio Jones
Jeremy Hill
Rob Gronkowski
Odell Beckham
CJ Anderson
Calvin Johnson
Demaryius Thomas
Jordy Nelson
DeMarco Murray
AJ Green
Andrew Luck
Alshon Jeffery
Randall Cobb
Mark Ingram
TY hilton
Lamar Miller
Kelvin Benjamin
Mike Evans
Justin Forsett
DeAndre Hopkins

So I just realized it was standard scoring, which makes it a little less ridiculous. Bell, Spiller, and Abdullah all are worth a decent bit less with no PPR. Though then I'd definitely not take Forte at 6 and prooobably would take Dez or Julio over Brown at 7. But like you said, nothing too egregious in the first three rounds. It just seems crazy that you could start with Luck, Bell, and Green! I guess Forte at 6 and McCoy at 9 are both like at least a half round early, though.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

cheese posted:

Other than Aaron Rodgers at 1.08 there is really nothing outright egregious with this list.

Egregious that he didn't go earlier? 6 pt passing TDs, yo.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Arctic Baldwin posted:

10 person league QB 2RB 2WR TE flex no ppr

QB Wilson
RB Forte
RB Hill
WR Kelvin Benjamin
WR Beckham
TE Olsen
Flex Alfred Morris
Bench: Sankey, Doug Martin, Jordan Matthews, Martavis Bryant (drafted before it was apparent that Wheaton is number 2), Eifert, Bridgewater
DEF: Miami
K: who cares

Looks good. Matthews and Bryant are good WR depth, Sankey and Martin aren't great but them + waiver wire should cover your bye weeks fine.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

old dog child posted:

10 teams, 0.5ppr, cumulative IDP-scoring for D/ST, 3 keepers and I had 10th pick

So scenario 2 happened but in the best goddamn way. Cobb went 1.1 followed by AP, Julio (K), Forte, Forsett, Gronk, Lynch (K), Rodgers (K), CJ, so take a wild guess who I picked. :getin:

QB: Bradford, Bridgewater
RB: L Bell (K), McCoy, Spiller, Abdullah, Muscle Hamster
WR: A Brown, Jordy (K), Amari Cooper, Nelson Agholor, Hopkins (K), Brian Quick
TE: Eifert
D/ST: Denver
K: Novak

I reached for Cooper and Spiller but otherwise I think I drafted everyone else where I should've.

Cobb at 1.01? Ha. Looks good man. Great starters, and Spiller, Abdullah, Cooper, and Agholor are really nice depth.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Colts have a pretty nice first 5 weeks too.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Can you expand on this? It's my team and I feel terrible about it's composition. Unless you were saying you liked my team because it was funny, then yeah I agree haha.

Also, in case you missed it, I don't have Martavis or Jordan Cameron, those were traded for Martellus and Nelson Agholor. I think Honore_de_Balzac (JSmash) has one of the better teams, but I'm all for finding reasons to like mine.

Yeah, I was actually going to say, unless it's a start 1-2 WR league, I feel like you're really lacking in WRs. What are the starting requirements? Your RB depth is phenomenal, with the slight caveat that Hill and Morris are both a bit devalued in PPR. Still, I like your RBs a lot, up there with Afro and Chancey. But I agree with whoever said you should've gone for a WR instead of Morris.

I'd add that, while I know you couldn't have known Tannehill would be available later, Ben with the 50th pick was too early too. If you are taking the fourth QB off the board, you picked too late (missing the top 3) and also way too early (very little difference in the next 8-9 QBs taken, but you spent the most capital on it). I also just personally really wouldn't have made Ben the 4th QB off the board. You really could've used another WR there, and the 6th and 7th rounds had tons of guys with value. One of Agholor or Perriman or Funchess could be a viable WR2, but I wouldn't put much money on it.

Barbarosa or Satan or jsmash might all be willing to send WR talent your way for an RB. Maclin or Allen Robinson or even Hopkins would be big improvements for you. Not sure exactly what kind of trade you'd be able to work out, but those are the guys I'd sound out! I'd say try to trade Ben or Tannehill too, but in a 10 team league I don't think you're going to get anything for either, ya know? While your team is unbalanced, it isn't bad at all. Probably not contender as it stands, but you have a ton of depth where you need it most. You also went for established guys that are relatively secure in their workloads at the top of your draft, too, as opposed to guys with a lot more unknowns like Randle or Graham or even Demarco Murray.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Aug 17, 2015

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Roster requirements: QB/RB/WR/TE/Flex (WR/RB/TE) x3/K/DST, but I feel I should have gone WR/WR, instead of Yeldon gone for Ameer, and I pulled far too early on my TE.

I jumped for Ben because I liked him more the middle tier guys, but didn't think he'd make it through next round (I was right as a competitor exclaimed how I "stole his dude". I won't disagree I probably could have done better, especially since I was able to snag Tannehill.

Thanks for the trade advice as well. I was thinking of looking for a trade, probably with Morris, Miller, and/or Big Ben involved. I might squat on Ben for a couple weeks to see how Pitt and Miami are faring before shipping one, but you are 100% on the money about QBs having little to no trade value in a 10 team league.

Well that's a lot of flexes, so I actually like your draft a good bit more. It isn't like you need a ton of depth to cover one WR spot. Guys like Agholor and Perriman and Funchess are probably ideal for that, too, because it isn't like you're counting on them to start every week. All you need is one of them to hit and be a top 30 guy, and you'll have a startable WR to compete for a flex spot and cover byes.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

The SituAsian posted:

On that note, not that i plan on spending a pick of significance on him but is Darren Sproles worth rostering? I remember he had a stretch early in the season where he was getting decent points and it is still a really prolific offense. Havent followed camp at all really but it seems Matthews is more of the insurance policy and Sproles will remain the guy on most passing downs.

Murray is the guy on passing downs IMO. Sproles was a special teams guy, he only had 29 catches after those first two weeks. I don't think Sproles is worth rostering except as a deep deep flier. Mathews and Murray can both catch the ball.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Forever_Peace posted:

I love auctions. Pretty much the only time I end up with stud QBs. Nominated 1.1, and kicked things off with Luck.

10-team standard. $200

QB: Luck ($42)
RB1: CJ Anderson ($50)
RB2: Demarco Murray ($43)
WR1: Julio Jones ($38)
WR2: Keenan Allen ($3)
TE: Travis Kelce ($8)
Flex: Joseph Randle ($6 :stare:)
K: none
DST: Rams ($1)

BN: Ryan Matthews ($1)
BN: Chris Ivory ($2)
BN: Dough Martin ($1)
BN: Anquan Boldin ($2)
BN: Eric Decker ($1)
BN: Nelson Agholor ($1)
BN: John Brown ($1)

Moderately chuffed. CJ/Murray wasn't my ideal pair (not crazy about either), but I got both for a few bucks lower than I expected (my approach was to bid on almost every player nominated until I got my RB/RB/WR1). Gore went much later for under $20 though - might have preferred that.

Particularly stoked about the bench, however. On a shoestring budget, I managed to end up with a balance of bye-week high-floor guys and upside fliers at both WR and RB, along with picking up my handcuff for Murray. Good mix of risk and upside.

Yeah, that's a ridiculous bench for 4% of your budget! Kelce, Allen, and Randle are also super good value. Dang.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
nm, I didn't really need help with it :)

sourdough fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Aug 23, 2015

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

fariz posted:

.5 ppr 10 team
4pt patd, 1qb, 2rb, 2qr, 1 flex

Ryan / Tannyhills
AP / Forsett / Gore / Spiller / Blount
Jeffery / Andre Johnson / Tate / Landry / R White / Boldin
Eiffert

Regret going forsett over Green now, but at the time i got scared and jumped on the rb run.

WR scares me, but i think it's serviceable. Thoughts?

Green over Forsett would've been great, but you couldn't have known those other RBs would fall to you. Seems solid, though I guess for a 10 team, some other sets of WRs will crush you. If Andre Johnson or Tate can put up a solid top 20 year, you should be alright there, though!

TNG posted:

14 team 1.0 PPR, 6 pts/sack .7 tackles 5 pts/throwing TD
1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 W/R 1 W/T IDP

QB:Ryan Tannehill, Philip Rivers
RB: CJ Anderson, Alfred Blue, Ryan Mathews, Terrance West
WR: Julio Jones, Jarvis Landry, Martavius Bryant, Victor Cruz, Brian Quick, Steve Smith, Anquan Boldin
TE: Zach Ertz
K: Dan Bailey
DEF: Dolphins
IDP: J.J. Watt

Watt should be far and away the IDP leader, so that's good for you, ha. RBs are pretty brutal, though. Not a single 100% locked in RB1 in the bunch, even CJ Anderson has some slight question marks. WRs look good for PPR, and nice serviceable vets behind Julio and Landry. I'm kind of surprised you managed to get Anderson, Julio, and Watt, but that's a nice spine of top tier guys.

the_american_dream posted:

Howd I do guys? 12 team 2 QB league, QB 6pt tds idp

QB: Peyton Manning, Ryan Tannehill, Ryan Fitzpatrick
RB: C.J. Anderson, Jonathan Stewart, Ameer Abdullah, LeGarrette Blount, Arian Foster, Danny Woodhead
WR: Mike Evans, DeSean Jackson, Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, Martavis Bryant, Steve Johnson
TE: Tyler Eifert
PK: Cody Parkey
TD: Cleveland Browns

DL Chandler Jones
LB Lavonte David
DB Reshad Jones

Your QBs are great, your RBs are mostly high upside risky guys, ditto with your WRs, ditto with Eifert. Looks like you should have enough risky guys with upside to overcome the lack of any guaranteed RB1 or WR1 or TE1.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

God I love family drafts.

I'm pick 9, "The Gun a Boyfriend Club" in honor of my newborn daughter. 10 team, 0.5 PPR, 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST/1PK. Sadly this draft happened after the Nelson ACL tear but nobody said a word. Half the folks were drafting via Skype and must have known.

QB: Ryan Tannehill, Sam Bradford
RB: Frank Gore, Andre Ellington, Latavius Murray, Isaiah Crowell, Duke Johnson
WR: Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, Anquan Boldin, Davante Parker
TE: Travis Kelce
DST: Panters
PK: Connor Barth

No complaints.

I think I prefer Pump and Dump (e: wait, did I just make it up that that was your wife's team? I thought I read that but now I'm confused), but those are both great teams. You obviously have the edge at WR, but I think I'd rather have Bell, Forte, Randle, and Yeldon plus her WRs. For being a family draft, most of the teams are mostly respectable. I also like Crustacean Station, though they really need one of Cooper and Agholor to perform like the 2014 rookies, and/or for Davante Adams to be a top 20 WR. Fear the Neard and P'G's (?) and you two are the front runners, IMO.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Zombie Tsunami posted:

Here's my dynasty team, 1ppr, 6pt passing TDs, 2nd year, 1 flex(the spot John Brown currently occupies), reigning champ. Drafted all of these guys except I added the Philly DST and traded for Shady. Think I have a chance to repeat? (I have Spiller so hopefully him and McCoy can trade weeks of being hurt.) No kickers b1tch

How many teams? What's your bench look like? Starters look good for any 10+ team league, even with Graham and McCoy as a bit of question marks this year.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Axl Rose posted:

What do you guys think? This is for a 10 man, standard scoring league. Got screwed on my receivers after 1 and 2, but I couldn't resist Jonathan Stewart after he fell to the 7th. At least that should be the easiest position to fill from waivers.

QB: Tony Romo
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Brandon Cooks
WR: Kendall Wright
RB Matt Forte
RB Lamar Miller
TE Travis Kelce
BN Chris Ivory
BN Jonathan Stewart
BN Pierre Garcon
BN Steve Smith Sr
BN David Cobb
BN Andy Dalton
K Steven Huaschka
D Titans

You're in great shape. Miller and Forte will be top 12 RBs, with JStew, Ivory, and Cobb all on the radar for top 25 RBs. Julio and Cooks are a really high end WR1 and WR2, and Wright should be at least a top 35 or 40 receiver. Even if not, one of Garcon and Smith will probably also be a borderline WR3.

Gatts posted:

Ok. 2 QB league.

QB1: Aaron Rodgers
QB2: Ben Rothlesberger (I feel like crap but took him over Romo)
WR1: Calvin Johnson
WR2: Randall Cobb
WR3: Andre Johnson
RB1: LeSean McCoy
RB2: Melvin Gordon
TE: Jason Witten
W/R/T: Ameer Abdullah
K: Phil Dawson
DEF: Cleveland
BN: Mike Wallace
BN: Vincent Jackson
BN: Todd Gurley
BN: Derek Carr
BN: Julius Thomas
BN: Philip Dorsett

Thoughts? RB is weakish or newbish.

How many teams? Rodgers and Ben should be the top starting QB pair in your league, you're starting two top 15 WRs and a maybe top 25 WR, McCoy and Gordon could both disappoint somewhat heavily and still be top 20 RBs, and Abdullah and your bench are all totally startable guys.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
TubeStank and Prophecy so far look the best for me, with TubeStank having the edge there. Quality starters at each position and at least a couple decent bench options.

General comments: I would not have gone for Foster in the 4th, especially when Allen Robinson and presumably other good dudes were still there. I also would not have rostered three QBs, better to have a total flier than a 3rd QB. That Jordy autodraft sucks too :(

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Sorry Not Sorry ELITE TIER Dynasty League 12 Team 0.5 PPR

1 QB
Andy "Red Rocket" Dalton
Peyton Manning
Robert Pattinson Brock Osweiler
Ryan Tannehill

2-3 RB
Cameron Artis-Payne
Jamaal Charles
Knile Davis
Jonas Gray
Jeremy Hill
Doug Martin
DeMarco Murray
Charles "Personal Jesus" Sims

3-4 WR
Davante Adams
Philip Dorsett
Devin Funchess
DeAndre Hopkins
Justin Hunter
Calvin Johnson
DeVante Parker
Brian Quick
Demaryius Thomas

1-2 TE
Jimmy Graham
Jordan Reed

1 DST
New England Patriots

lol

Charles, Murray, and Hill at RB, DT, Calvin, Hopkins, Adams, and solid rookies at WR, and Graham at TE. I think you'll do OK this year :) Age is getting to be a bit of a concern, with none of Charles, Murray, Calvin, or Graham likely to increase in value over the next year or two, but you don't seem to had had much trouble adding guys like Hill, Hopkins, Parker, etc, so just keep on winning and adding good young dudes when they're available.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Akbar posted:

I've got first pick in a league with .25/rush attempt and .5/reception. I'm thinking AD #1. Can anyone dissuade me?

Points per rush attempt adds a ton of extra value for RBs. The first round should be like all RBs. AP or Bell would be my choices for 1st pick.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Forever_Peace posted:

One of my goon dynasty teams as of this morning. 12-team half ppr 2RB/3WR/TE/Flex

QB: Ryan, Cutler
RB: Lacy, Hill, Hyde, LMurray, Spiller, Buck Allen, Ajayi
WR: Megatron, Cobb, JMatthews, Wright, Stevie, Kevin White, Latimer, Devin Smith
TE: Gronk, ASJ
DST: Rams

Entire starting lineup is composed of top-40 overall redraft players (save Ryan), and I have two top-10 dynasty assets at every skill position.

I am going to be devastated when this team misses the playoffs and all my young guys turn out to be duds and wash out of the league within two years.

How many of those players did you add part way through the year or this offseason? In any case, Hill, Hyde, Murray, Spiller, Megatron, Stevie, and possibly Wright will all be significantly better than they were for some/most/all of last year. Even your studs like Ryan and Cobb could do better this year, given the changes to their situations. You know you have nothing to worry about :)

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

10-team 2QB league with 2 keepers, plus apparently now we can put a loving QB in flex which is retarded. Thank god it's not a money league as I won't be doing this one again after this season. Dez Bryant/Kelce were my keepers:

QB: Drew Brees
QB: Tom Brady
RB: Mark Ingram
RB: Latavius Murray
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: Davante Adams
WR: Jarvis Landry
TE: Travis Kelce
FLEX: Shane Vereen

BN: Derek Carr, Ryan Mathews, Charles Johnson, Allen Hurns, Markus Wheaton

Feel like I'm hosed no matter what going against a team with Rodgers/Dalton/Stafford all starting next week. Christ.

Yep. Carr obviously is your QB2 til Brady is back, but you should really add Jimmy G or Fitzpatrick or any starting QB to use in your flex, and do it like immediately. I'd probably drop Hurns or Wheaton or both for 1-2 starting QBs. Ideally you'll want to roster 4 or even 5 to cover possible injuries and bye weeks.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Keith Atherton posted:

My first time playing fantasy anything so I've been trying to learn a lot but it's overwhelming. So I did my best at the draft but would appreciate feedback about my picks.

My league is a 12 person Yahoo league, snake draft. I don't think any weird rules. I picked 11th.

It's a QB/2RB/2WR/TE/Flex/K/DST roster league

In order I drafted (I think - it's a bar league and there were lots of shots involved)

Matt Forte - RB CHI
LeSean McCoy - RB BUF
Emannuel Sanders - WR DEN
DeAndre Hopkins - WR HOU
Jason Witten - TE DAL
Cam Newton - QB CAR
Darren Sproles - RB PHI
Houston defense
Pierre Garçon - WR WAS
Doug Baldwin - WR SEA
Kendall Wright - WR TEN
Jonas Gray - RB NE
Teddy Bridgewater - QB MIN
Adam Vinatieri - K IND

Witten was waaay too early, Cam was probably a bit early especially since he lost Kelvin Benjamin, Sproles should've been like a last round pick, you shouldn't have picked a defense til one of the last 2-3 rounds, picking Garcon and Baldwin before Wright is criminal but at least you got good value at that Wright pick, and Gray probably isn't worth rostering. In general, your last two rounds should be defense and kicker. If you don't get a top TE like Gronk, Graham, or Olsen, you should very likely wait til just before defense or TE to pick up someone.

Your next move should be to look for better options on the waiver wire than Sproles, Baldwin, and Gray. Someone here (89?) will tell you Sproles will be awesome this year, but he won't. Baldwin was not really worth rostering last year and that was before Seattle added another pass catcher in Graham. Gray may or may not be the Pats' main RB while Blount is suspended, but you aren't really going to want to start him those two weeks anyway because he might get like 2 touches. Are there any mediocre RBs available that don't have a lot of competition and could get a lot of carries if things break the right way? Sankey or David Cobb, David Johnson, Duke Johnson (or Crowell if he's somehow available)? Getting a third startable RB is critical, as neither Sproles nor Gray is really flex-worthy or even very good bye week filler.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Keith Atherton posted:

Yeah like I said am new to this and so I'm going to be learning the hard way about things. Thanks for your great feedback. I'll see what RBs are still available.

Yeah, I realize I mostly posted criticism, but it really wasn't that bad :) Definitely better than my first drafts. Your first 4 picks were solid, so you didn't screw yourself over badly or anything. Just need better depth.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
8 team, no PPR, start 1 RB / 1 WR / 3 WRT flex. My starting lineup is solid (Hill, Julio, McCoy, Gore, Andre Johnson), wondering whether I should trade anyone on my bench for anyone on the wire.

Bench: Ameer Abdullah, Brandon Marshall, Allen Robinson, Alfred Blue, Arian Foster

Notable WW: Crowell, Boldin, Fitzgerald, Charles Johnson, Joique Bell, Funchess

My feeling is that I'd rather stick with Blue/Foster than mess with Cleveland's RBBC, Joique doesn't offer enough upside to drop Abdullah (rather go for the homerun chance that Abdullah > McCoy or Gore), and none of those WRs are upgrades over Marshall, Robinson, or Andre Johnson. Seem reasonable?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

winvirus posted:

see, *i* thought i did pretty well, but yahoo projected me as last place so i'm afraid i hosed up :ohdear:

16 man, 0.5 ppr, 6PATD, no TE required, i picked 13th

QB - Peyton Manning
WR - Demaryius Thomas
WR - Steve Smith Sr.
RB - LeSean McCoy
RB - Mark Ingram
FLEX - Greg Olson
K -
DST -
BN - Roddy White
BN - Kendall Wright
BN - Michael Floyd
BN - Ronnie Hillman
BN - Fred Jackson
BN - Reggie Wayne
BN - Steven Jackson

I also need to drop two before the first week to grab a K and a DST, suggestions/ideas?

e: Steven Jackson was autodrafted so i guess i'm dropping him but i also need to drop another and i'm feeling maybe floyd or wright. I'm just worried about my RB depth esp. if lesean isn't playing w1

I was going to say that's a really weak bench, then realized it was a 16 team league. You have a killer set of starters, and quality WR depth. However, you literally don't have a 3rd startable RB, which is a pretty big hole. Obviously drop Steven Jackson asap, and then I'd grab anyone available that has any path to starting. Boobie Dixon or Karlos Williams, maybe Terrance West, whoever you can grab. There's no way in hell you should drop Wright, and probably not Floyd. I'd drop Jackson, FJax, and Wayne before either of those two. But I would definitely drop Floyd if you could grab a startable RB.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

DinosaurEggSalad posted:

Picking last my 10 team league with 6pt passing TDs and one IDP, I wound up with this:

QB: Andrew Luck
RB: CJ Anderson
RB: Mark Ingram
WR: Mike Evans
WR: DeSean Jackson
TE: Greg Olson
Flex: Keenan Allen
Def: Carolina (probably just for the first two weeks, then i'll stream)
K: Cody Parkey
IDP: LaVonte David

Bench: TJ Yeldon, Joique Bell, Vincent Jackson, Sammy Watkins, Martavis Bryant, Micheal Crabtree, Andy Dalton and Mychal Rivera.

I'm pretty happy with it, although I'm a little worried about my RBs. I might try and unload some WR depth a couple weeks into the season once Bryant comes back and I have a better idea of how the QB situation is working in Tampa and Buffalo.

In a 10 team league, there's no reason to roster Dalton or Rivera, and I'm pretty pessimistic on Crabtree too. Definitely drop those first two and grab RB or WR lotto tickets (rookies, handcuffs, etc), and given your depth at WR, I'd 100% drop Crabtree for someone with a higher ceiling (which shouldn't be hard to do, ha), even if they also have a floor of "not playing this year". Again, rookies, or someone like Janis or Ty Montgomery, Quick, Justin Hardy, Lockett, etc that has an uncertain role but could contribute if things fall the right way.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

DinosaurEggSalad posted:

Thanks for the advice. I dumped Crabtree for Lockett and dumpted Dalton for David Johnson and fired Rivera into the sun to grab DGB.

Ha, sounds good. David Johnson was definitely worth rostering over any of them, when Ellington inevitably breaks Johnson should step right in and be productive. Lockett and DGB are long shots to be much of fantasy contributors this year, but Lockett only has to beat out Doug Baldwin, and DGB should easily be the #2 WR and push Wright for #1 based on talent, just needs to keep his head screwed on.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

bigbillystyle posted:

Draft by round below.

12 team, snake draft
1 PPR
Otherwise standard scoring, 6 point TDs

I like my first two picks, and getting Gates really late. I'm a little shaky on my receiver core but Edelman should do well in PPR formats as he usually does. What do you guys think?

Projected starting lineup
Newton
Lynch
McCoy
Evans
Edelman
FLEX ??
Cameron

Gostkowski

Jets DST

Isn't Gates still suspended the first 4 games? You're wasting a bench spot on him. Drop Gates and Winston and pick up RB and WR fliers. You're pretty weak after your top three at each position, and if either McCoy or Spiller don't put up at least RB2 numbers, you'll be in rough shape.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

old dog child posted:

Also, find a replacement for Bowe. He just got cut by the Browns.

lol if this is true, I just read:

quote:

Browns coach Mike Pettine said Dwayne Bowe is not in danger of being cut.
When asked if Bowe could be cut, Pettine responded with a curt, "No." Bowe played deep into the Browns' fourth preseason game, but he is owed $9.5 million guaranteed and would cost $4.5 million against the 2015 salary cap to cut. With the Browns low on wide receiver talent, there was never a real chance Bowe lost his job. Sep 3 - 11:58 PM

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Varg posted:

I meant that for the RBs

I just have a feeling that both of them are going to disappoint. I remember everyone here who owned Miller last year (or maybe the year before?) being frustrated with him.. just no faith from me I guess :shrug:

Year before. Last year he finished as an RB1 that was drafted way late as a handcuff for Knowshon Moreno. There aren't any red flags for Miller. Ajayi was supposedly going to push him (if Ajayi's knee was healthy), but he's been pretty poor and I think the consensus is that Miller's job is safe.

Forsett is a bit risky IMO, though. Forsett has a higher ceiling than Miller, but I don't like his age, the changes in coaching staff, and the fact that last year was his breakout season at the age of 28 or 29. I'd be worried that last year was a kind of perfect storm to get that production out of him, and this year he'll dip down towards the back end of RB2s. Still, I'd be super happy with either Miller or Forsett as an RB2, and Miller as an RB1 assuming that meant I was starting two WR1s or Gronk and a WR1 or whatever.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MrSargent posted:

Baldwin should definitely be rostered, he looked playable last year after Percy Harvin was traded, has a chance to get into the top 25 receivers.

Ehhh, that's being unreasonably optimistic. He finished somewhere like WR#45 in half PPR. Seattle added Jimmy Graham, whereas last year Baldwin was the undisputed top target. He's not a threat for redzone looks with Lynch and Graham there, and any uptick in passing volume is going to go to Graham (and maybe Lockett). He was only borderline rosterable last year, even in a 12 team league with start 3 WRs, nevermind a 10 team league with 2 WR and a flex. And his situation only got worse.

Spoeank posted:

If Doug Baldwin is a top 25 wide receiver I will print out this post and eat it

iawtp

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I'm super low on Reggie Wayne, but I'd probably take him over Baldwin and hope LaFell's mystery injury keeps him out or limited.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Devils Avocado posted:

I've been stressing about my keeper draft from last Saturday all week... Kept Antonio Brown for a 2nd and DeAndre Hopkins for a 5th. Drafted Aaron Rodgers at the 7th spot with Dez and Demariyus still on the board. 12 team H2H. Snake Draft

Team is as so:

Aaron Rodgers :QB
Chris Ivory: RB1
Danny Woodhead: RB2
Antonio Brown: WR1
DeAndre Hopkins: WR2
Keenan Allen: FLEX
Austin Seferain-Jenkins: TE
Patriots: D
Cody Parkey: K
Duke Johnson: BE RB
Steve Smith Sr.: BE WR
Charles Sims: BE RB
David Cobb: BE RB
Jonas Gray: BE RB

What do you guys think?

Those RBs are pretty rough. Is it at least full PPR? Ivory should be good as a mid range RB2, and in full PPR Woodhead should hopefully be a low end RB2. But your weakness there and at TE is concerning. I don't think Rodgers and your WRs are enough to make you a contender.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Tiptoes posted:

Bell and Brown went 1/2, like I expected. I have no regrets about taking ODB 3rd. Totally believe he's worth it. I'm never going to question Jeffery or Evans either, so I like that trio as every week starters. I trust my ability to acquire WR2/3 candidates over the course of a season so I focused more on high upside gambles for the end of the bench. The RBs wound up being sketchier than I wanted but they all catch passes so I'm going to get 10+ points out my RB slots most of the time, I believe.

I like this team. I'm ready to rock and roll with it.

Not sure why you're rostering Gillmore. Janis is also a very long shot. I like the RBs on your bench, though. You're still really weak at RB, but odds are at least two of the guys you have should put up top 30 numbers or better.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

The Aguamoose posted:

Just drafted - 14 team standard scoring and I had the last pick. I was dreading that apot as I had to go WR/WR based on best available players, when I'd prefer to go RB heavy.

But I ended up with:

QB: S Bradford, E. Manning
RB: L Murray, C Ivory, A Foster, L Blount, M Jones, J McKinnon
WR: D Thomas, J Jones, V Jackson, J Brown
TE: J Reed
K: Catanzaro
D: Panthers

How did I do? Any suggestions?

That's a really nice 14 team league. Ivory and Murray should both be RB2s, while Foster could come back and give you a true RB1, and Blount should be a decent RB2 as well. WRs are phenomenal for a 14 teamer, and the fact that you got those DT and Jones and still have such decent RBs is crazy. Who cares about TE. Bradford should be a low end QB1 as long as he's healthy, and I like Eli as a top 15 QB. Overall, I'd expect you to be one of the front runners in your league.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Anisocoria Feldman posted:

10 team 0 PPR league with pick #6. Standard scoring except 6PaTD.

QB Luck
RB DeMarco
RB Lamar Miller
WR Amari Cooper
WR Keenan Allen
TE Kelce
FLEX Ivory
BN Vincent Jackson
BN Blount
BN Mike Wallce
BN Joique
BN Funchess
BN Sankey
K Blair Walsh
DEF Indy (waiver set for MIA)

Def worried about the WR squad, but at 0PPR......eh.

Miami...wasn't drafted? Luck is great in 6 pt passing TD, your starting RBs and flex are great, your depth at RB with Joique and Blount is solid, but your WRs are pretty weak. In standard scoring, I think Allen and Cooper struggle to break 130 points (say, 1000 yards and 5 TDs), putting them at bottom tier WR2s. The top 10 receivers last year scored between 180 and 250, so you're at a pretty serious disadvantage there. If you had like Jamaal Charles and Lynch at RB, I'd say it wouldn't really matter and you'd overcome that weakness at WR. But with Murray and Miller likely being low end RB1s, I think you're going to need an OBJ-like year from Cooper or Allen, or for Murray to repeat last year, and I don't see it. Still, you've got depth at RB and WR, so you'll have a nice resilient roster and can likely turn one of your WRs and Blount or Ivory into a quality WR once other teams' guys start dropping.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Chichevache posted:

12 team league. 1 point per reception.

QB
WR
WR/RB
RB
WR/TE
TE
D
K
5 bench

I drafted 7th overall.

1. Dez Bryant
2. O'Dell Beckham
3. Lamar Miller
4. Keenan Allen
5. Travis Kelce
6. Arian Foster
7. Matthew Stafford
8. Doug Martin
9. Antonio Gates
10. Devante Parker
11. Teddy Bridgewater
12. Greg Zeurlein
13. Vikings

I feel pretty good about my receivers. I'm also hopeful this will be a breakout year for Miller. If not, Foster should be back soon before his season ending injury happens. Stafford should be worth loads as well, if Megatron and Tate stay healthy. I'm a little concerned about TE, but I think with my depth at receiver I should be able to trade for a good one if Kelce breaks and Gates is too old.

What do you think, goons?

Gates isn't worth holding when you grabbed Kelce. Stafford was a pretty bad reach, too. I'd rather have Rivers or Eli than Stafford straight up, and they're both cheaper too. Otherwise, looks good. Starting 1 RB and 3 WR will have you in a good position, and if Keenan Allen disappoints again, starting both Fotser and Miller is not at all a bad option. Having Parker as your only bench WR is pretty weak, though. I would have vastly preferred another WR at your Stafford pick and then a QB with your 9th or 10th.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

GopherFlats posted:

Alright someone tell me how dumb I am. 6 pt td/1 ppr. Mandatory through season 2 Qb/3wr/3rb/2te/2k/2dst

QB: Luck, Stafford
WR: D. Thomas, Tate, R. White
RB: Ingram, Bernard, Blue
TE: Kelce, Eifert
K: Hauscka, Folk
DST: Cincy, Dallas

For playing a league with those settings? Dumb as hell :v:

How many teams? How many starters at each position; do you have a bench or are you starting all these guys? You have a QB1, WR1, RB1, and TE1, so I guess you're in fine shape?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

TubeStank posted:

From last night.

How is this even close to a poo poo draft? You should be one of the favorites in this league. It's non-PPR, and you have two top 6-8 RBs, a couple top 20 RBs, and a high upside guy in Freeman. You're starting two high end WR2s, and have three more top 30-35 guys on the bench. You have two QBs that, in a committee, should easily put up top 10 numbers. You have a DST that plays Washington, Jax, Buffalo, NYJ, Tennessee, and Houston. You need to drop Ertz for a TE that will actually play, but that's a very minor concern.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gooble Gobble posted:

picked up some people from waiver (A.J. Green and Foster)

Latavius Murray is on the waiver and was thinking of dropping Freeman for him, but am unsure.

lol, what? Anyway, it's 0 PPR, so I'd happily drop Colston or Mike Wallace for Murray. Freeman could still win the starting job in Atlanta, no sense dropping him when you have less valuable guys there. Since you're carrying both Gurley and Foster, I'd also consider dropping Eli instead of any WR or RB and worrying about a QB2 later, when you can drop some of your fringe guys and be starting Foster/Gurley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

T Bowl posted:

PPR, 10th out of 10 picks. Live draft at a bar.

Russell Wilson was likely a poor pick for you unless he fell quite far, and your bench depth at WR and RB is lacking because of it. Crowell could lose a ton of work to Duke Johnson and seems certain to be ceding passing downs at least, Vereen is still behind Jennings and possibly won't even get the majority of the work if Jennings goes down (though he's a passable flex in a pinch), and Sankey is awful. White and Randle are passable bye week filler, but having to flex either regularly if one of your starters goes down will be rough. I would be desperately trying to trade Wilson + anyone on your bench for a top 20 RB or WR. Crowell and Vereen are ok, but you'd be looking a lot better if you used that Wilson pick (5th/6th turn?) on someone like Maclin or Allen Robinson or Ivory or Spiller .

• Locked thread