Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital-Smoke
Feb 14, 2013
it's getting to be that time of year again. the leaves are changing color, the air is getting crisper, and it won't be long before its pumpkin spice flavour everything. I'm in the mood for some stories about ghosts that you've encountered. I have a few and I'll share them through out the thread. (please if you don't have anything to contribute, keep it to yourself )

I recently got out of prison last October, and moved in with my mother. I wasn't too thrilled about it, because she's a hoarder and her apartment stunk of dog poo poo and piss. well a month after moving in the building burns down. the upstairs neighbors had placed a grow light too close to the ground and caught the whole place on fire.

I needed to find a place quick and the only place I could afford was in this old three story building on the out skirts of town. parole was hassling me to hurry up and find a permanent residence. so I took it. it's a small efficiency apartment painted an instutional sea foam green from the 70s. there's an insane asylum two houses down, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was left over paint from there.

well I took the apartment and it hadn't been rented consistently in years. I tried to get an idea of how much my electric would be each month so I called the village electric office. they told me no one stays here for longer than a month for at least the last 5 years, because that's as far back as they can go on their computer files. I thought it was a little weird, but didn't think much about it.

like I said the apartment had not been rented consistently in years so it was filthy and Grimey. I got to cleaning and bleaching everything. I got to the closet and found a pile of quartz rocks and some prayers scribbled on a piece of paper. again I didn't think anything of it. I figured some overly religious person had, had their home blessed. which isn't all that uncommon.

had I known then, what I know now, I would have never moved in. things fall from my cupboards and shelves all the time. things get thrown. me and my gf were laying in bed and the dog brush comes flying off the shelf next to the bed and lands on the floor. to do this it had to clear the dog crate. it also had to be pushed diagonally to not land on the queen size bed. had it just fallen because of vibrations it would have landed on the dog crate. the bathroom door opens and closes by itself. an example of this is one time my gf was spending the night and I had fallen asleep before her. she shakes me awake and tells me the door just shut its self on its on. you can feel at times that something not nice is staring holes into you. my girlfriend told me she felt like she was being watched one night and I felt it too. I asked her were she felt like it was, and she said next to the closet which I also had felt it was coming from. I wanted her to tell me first so I didn't influence her and see if it was just us being spooked.

I also had a period of about a month that I'd feel like I was being choked and couldn't breath at night when I was sleeping. it would happen every night at the same time. between one a.m. and one fifteen a.m. I'd be awakened with this choking sensation. I started to get so scared that I would only sleep with all the lights on in the house. it finally got to the point one day where I decided to confront whatever was in my apartment. I told it in no uncertain terms that it would be allowed to stay here if it kept messing with me. I told it you can either behave or you can get out. that I would have a priest in here tomorrow if it didn't leave me alone. I told it, I know you have to be somewhere and that you probably lived here at some point but it is my home too now and I refuse to live like this. so if you want to stay leave me alone. that got the choking to stop and it got the apartment to feel calmer. I didn't constantly feel like I was under attacked. occasionally the activity will flare up again and I'll have to repeat the warning again, but for the most part it's bearable now.

as a result of all this, I have gotten heavily involved into spirit boxes. I was pretty skeptical about them working, but they sometimes do an amazing job.
I've also done some research. the building is 115 years old. there are two secret rooms in the building. my best friend moved in to the building and took over as manager of the place. he's the one who found them and honestly I've been too afraid to go look at them until now. he's been dying to a how me them, so I think I'll grow a set and go with him next time we hang out.

ok goons lets hear about some of your ghostly encounters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
The horniest manticore easily claims the first post.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
I was cucked by a ghost

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

poz my neg hole

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Tldr.

Once there was a ghost. Nobody could see it or hear it because it was a ghost, so it wasn't scary at all and nobody gave a poo poo.

Digital-Smoke
Feb 14, 2013
before the thread gets too fyadish let me say this. if you look up previous threads from each year they can be pretty awesome. when humper monkey posted his story about a haunted army base it hooked me. some really great and scary stories come up, if you don't poo poo post with stuff like lol ghost cuked me. clever catch phrases as you might well think they are don't really contribute.

all I'm saying is give it a chance. you'll be amazed.

PsionicAnt
Jul 16, 2001
hmm i think you may be in the wrong forum

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
its mid august and my kroger is already stocking Octoberfest...get real morons

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
i smelled a fart but only my dog and i are here and neither of us farted :tinfoil:

GHOSTS WITH :gas:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
guys i dont want to alarm anyone but lately i have this suspicion that ghosts arent real and believing in them is a sign of mental instability

weird and spooky right????

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

A misanthrope posted:

guys i dont want to alarm anyone but lately i have this suspicion that ghosts arent real and believing in them is a sign of mental instability

Ghosts r real and slenderman is rael end of story

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
ghosts with guns would be a pretty good title

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

A misanthrope posted:

ghosts are real and real cool

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

social vegan posted:

ghosts are real and real cool

i want to belebe

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
someone repost the story where some loser smacks a ghost on the rear end

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

stay safe poverty goat

Digital-Smoke
Feb 14, 2013
my girlfriends house is surrounded by a grave yard on two sides. recently I had been staying their while I did stone mason work with her uncle. there is a no smoking rule in her house, so I would have to smoke on her patio. at night it's creepy because of all the night lights people put on the headstones. if you look into the cemetery you can see them moving or being blocked out by someone or something.
like I said I got heavily into using spirit boxes. so I decided to try it out at her house on the patio. I was asking basic questions like what am I wearing. what color shirt. that kind of stuff and I was getting correct intelligible responses. then it says they're trapped here and then it says it's evil and that it was coming to harm me. at that comment the light closest to me got blocked out and I got scared and ran inside and locked the door. ever since then I will not smoke at her house alone. I haven't messed with spirit boxes since that day.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ET go ow

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

casper is a bitch rear end trick

PsionicAnt
Jul 16, 2001

way more hilarious once i realized it was a dog under there

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Digital-Smoke posted:

I haven't messed with spirit boxes since that day.

Never mess with a spirit's box

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

let me in mom!!! posted:

way more hilarious once i realized it was a dog under there

it is always funny

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

lol ghost cuked me

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
if anyone ever tries to tell you that ghosts arent real, they're wrong, and i can prove it!

There's a spook in the white house!!!

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Doctor J Off posted:

if anyone ever tries to tell you that ghosts arent real, they're wrong, and i can prove it!

There's a spook in the white house!!!

Yes, many claim to have seen the ghost of Abraham Lincoln wandering the halls of the White House.

SKELETON GHOST
Jan 11, 2015

by Ralp
One time a spooky ghost jumped out of the closet and said boo

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

SKELETON GHOST posted:

One time a spooky ghost jumped out of the closet and said boo

at least one of u had the courage to come out

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
heh ho boy have I got a story to tell

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

amityville anus posted:

heh ho boy have I got a story to tell

i might be a boy, but i ain't a ho!!

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i didnt even consider reading that, voting 1 tho

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

is he a ghost?

RavenKrows
May 29, 2008

EN please this is a spooky thread

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

RavenKrows posted:

EN please this is a spooky thread

want a scary story? lemme start one for ya: your wife comes home from work one day looking happier than usual. she says this really cool guy started work today. his name's chad...

SKELETON GHOST
Jan 11, 2015

by Ralp

social vegan posted:

at least one of u had the courage to come out

We fuckrd

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

i keep coming home and finding ectoplasm on my sheets. i think my bed is haunted.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Harald posted:

its mid august and my kroger is already stocking Octoberfest...get real morons

Octoberfest (the German one) starts in September you faglord

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Necros posted:

i keep coming home and finding ectoplasm on my sheets. i think my bed is haunted.

check the spatter pattern -- ghosts release ectoplasm in 3-5 spurts that decrease gradually in distance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKELETON GHOST
Jan 11, 2015

by Ralp

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Octoberfest (the German one) starts in September you faglord

It's called Oktoberfest shitlord

• Locked thread