Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Amazon intentionally chooses not to make a profit, so their employees are poo poo out of luck. If you're worth a drat then you don't loving work at Amazon you work at Google or Apple if you want to earn.

If we're talking small-employees, there is zero pressure on technology companies to ever treat them right, because tech basically saved the US consumer economy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

TheBalor posted:

And they tend to be paid well enough that they don't see how a union would benefit them, which is funny because even with their high salaries, the top developers are probably undercompensated compared to the value they create for the big tech firms.

Under compensation is motivation to prove you deserve to be paid at all.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I wouldn't want any kind of market correction on tech companies as I do not desire another deep recession.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I think people ran a bit too far with LIBERTARIANISMS and associating it with computer people, because the owners are that way, but their employees are too educated (sorry truth hurts) and valuable to see the world the way a coal mining executive would (a dumbo's vision of the world).

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

That guy should have been called a nerd and given a life risking wedgie.

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Aug 19, 2015

• Locked thread