Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Radbot posted:

To me, by far the most interesting part about that article was the Anytime Feedback Tool (basically a system that literally encourages you to snitch on anyone at any time to their boss). This seems like an insanely naive thing that some libertarian would implement without understanding the social and human dynamics behind it, am I completely off base about that?

It certainly fits, and seems perfectly reasonable if you treat your workforce as a collection of drones with unpredictable levels of imperfection rather than as people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Radbot posted:

Do the people that post these things ever step back and say "now, why would someone want to work here based on what I just wrote"?

No, because there are enough idiots with sufficient IT skills that want to ~-live the dream~ (of being a glorified computer janitor)

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Radish posted:

That sounds like a cult.

That's because it essentially is. You are not applying for a job, but to become one of a bunch of nerd friends obsessed with webcomics, and even get paid enough to not starve. It's quite possible they believe their own poo poo about making your work environment better rather than paying you cash, because you are supposed to spend all day with your fellow webcomic obsessed nerd friends rather than provide a service in exchange for money.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

A mix of unfounded hype and a mistaken belief in the overwhelming power of the unconstrained creativity of idea men young people who haven't yet gotten their hands dirty. Corporations are run by people, my friends, and therefore prone to behaving as irrational idiots.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

SquadronROE posted:

I know that the Amazon article was pretty much showcasing how badly the business side of the business is treated (most Engineers at Amazon I've talked to report a completely different culture), but there is a push out there to get developers to write code for 12 hours a day seven days a week. You can see it in the idea of startup culture being enshrined, you can see it in the celebration of the "rock star" coder who stays up all night to churn out a deliverable, you can see it in the questions that HR managers and CEOs are asking (How do I emulate the culture Google has?) and you can see it in the types of benefits offered (dinner to stay late, laptops becoming the norm so people can work from home, video games and such so that people spend more free time at work).

This is retarded though, if I worked at a poo poo company like that I would milk them for all they're worth by essentially doing all my non-work stuff on the clock and even if I didn't actively offering people distraction during work time may or may not be a good idea :v:

• Locked thread