Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
oh so you've got a job and wife? human being

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I agree I want to get a condo real bad though, 3O makes it sound really legit

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

Professor Tomtom posted:

oh so you've got a job and wife? human being

it's ok they all lose them in 3 to 5 years

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
im immensely powered up atm

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

im immensely powered up atm

rear end to mouth, lol

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Got a house and a job. No wife.

Life is good.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
Truth there are some people that choose to rent for some reason. A friend of mine used to manage an apartment complex down the street from me and there was a guy that lived there that had rented like 2 apartments for years, he paid like a $10k security deposit to knock down the wall between the units, combined them, he had spent tens of thousands of dollars completely customizing it.

Oh and there was another apartment building right down the street from it where Robert Durst actually lived for a bit and a really rich woman rented an apartment there for years as well, she literally millions and millions of dollars worth of artwork in her apartment when she died and yet she rented instead of just buying a house or a condo a few blocks away.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

A house is great when you don't have a wife or kids

I've filled mine with arcade and pinball machines and all sorts of gimmicky home automation crap

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i make "tunco dip" in my kitchen and feed it to people on my street

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ

Nooner posted:

rear end to mouth, lol

yea

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Three Olives posted:

Truth there are some people that choose to rent for some reason. A friend of mine used to manage an apartment complex down the street from me and there was a guy that lived there that had rented like 2 apartments for years, he paid like a $10k security deposit to knock down the wall between the units, combined them, he had spent tens of thousands of dollars completely customizing it.

Oh and there was another apartment building right down the street from it where Robert Durst actually lived for a bit and a really rich woman rented an apartment there for years as well, she literally millions and millions of dollars worth of artwork in her apartment when she died and yet she rented instead of just buying a house or a condo a few blocks away.

because gently caress doing maintenance yourself

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

error1 posted:

A house is great when you don't have a wife or kids

I've filled mine with arcade and pinball machines and all sorts of gimmicky home automation crap

goonhaus.txt

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
this girl at the office smells like coco butter and it makes me wanna slip my "dildo" in her "fleshlight" if you know what i mean :swoon:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I will never own a house, have an SO, or sire children. Wtf am I even living for

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Moridin920 posted:

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

dad gay. so what posted:

this girl at the office smells like coco butter

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

notZaar posted:

I will never own a house, have an SO, or sire children. Wtf am I even living for

full communism

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

You can just pay people for that, I've never even met my housekeeper.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

notZaar posted:

amass as much money as is humanly possible, over a single lifetime, and in your elder years, attempt to destroy the entire world

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe I should enlist as a soldier or policeman and take my frustrations out on the hapless. Violent video games will only satisfy a man up to a point.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Having equity instead of cramming money into your landlords rear end in a top hat seems like a solid gameplan

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ROFLburger posted:

Having equity instead of cramming money into your landlords rear end in a top hat seems like a solid gameplan

What if he reciprocates? :q:

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
i have had a mortgage for almost 2 months now, we bought a townhouse in one of the most overpriced housing markets in the world at the peak of a bubble and i feel pretty good about it

saying we 'bought a house' feels weird tho. like, the bank bought it and own it, and now we are paying them back

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Thinking of moving to my family plot like those people in the Philippines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmXdPRzXODg

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's

notZaar posted:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Clipperton posted:

i have had a mortgage for almost 2 months now, we bought a townhouse in one of the most overpriced housing markets in the world at the peak of a bubble and i feel pretty good about it

saying we 'bought a house' feels weird tho. like, the bank bought it and own it, and now we are paying them back

You should have bought during the housing crisis or at least refinanced. If you had decent credit mortgage rates were only slightly above targeted inflation even before you took the mortgage interest deduction.

Even now prime APR is what, 3.5%, targeted inflation is 2% and you get to write off all the interest, as long as you don't massively overpay for your house you are kind of stupid not to buy if you have the money.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Three Olives posted:

You should have bought during the housing crisis or at least refinanced. If you had decent credit mortgage rates were only slightly above targeted inflation even before you took the mortgage interest deduction.

Even now prime APR is what, 3.5%, targeted inflation is 2% and you get to write off all the interest, as long as you don't massively overpay for your house you are kind of stupid not to buy if you have the money.

:confused:

You said something smart.

I...

I need some time away from the internet.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Three Olives posted:

You should have bought during the housing crisis or at least refinanced

if id bought back then i never would have moved to another country or met my wife :smith:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Three Olives posted:

You can just pay people for that, I've never even met my housekeeper.

uh and deal with contractors and poo poo? are you huffing glue my man?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

VendaGoat posted:

:confused:

You said something smart.

I...

I need some time away from the internet.

Taxes, HOA, insurance and the interest and tax deduction, my condo works out to just over $2k a month, a comp rental would be $2,800+ a month and I wouldn't have any equity.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Three Olives posted:

Taxes, HOA, insurance and the interest and tax deduction, my condo works out to just over $2k a month, a comp rental would be $2,800+ a month and I wouldn't have any equity.

you know your economic conditions don't apply universally though right?

in the USA yeah might as well buy since the cost isn't much more than renting.

in other countries (Japan for example) the cost of buying is waaaaay fuckin' higher than the cost of renting

or just you know live somewhere that wouldn't be $2,800/mo for rent lol jesus christ

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

or just you know live somewhere that wouldn't be $2,800/mo for rent lol jesus christ

And park my own car? I'm not an animal.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Moridin920 posted:

you know your economic conditions don't apply universally though right?

in the USA yeah might as well buy since the cost isn't much more than renting.

in other countries (Japan for example) the cost of buying is waaaaay fuckin' higher than the cost of renting

Try not being poor sometime, it legit owns

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Clipperton posted:

technically you're renting this house to the bank

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

notZaar posted:

Be my butler

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

toggle posted:

technically you're renting this house to the bank

Technically you own it it's just the bank can take it away from you by force if you stop giving them money.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Three Olives posted:

Technically you own it it's just the bank can take it away from you by force if you stop giving them money.

so the bank is like a landlord, that you pay every month ??

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Anyone who buys a house now will be in so much debt when the real estate bubble 2.0 pops they will probably have to kill themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp
I want to buy property and build my own house one day.

Probably get that taken care before im 40.

• Locked thread