Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSuPGDWIlBE

Welcome to the Super Smash Bros. Thread! This is the place to talk about any and all Super Smash Bros. titles, including fan-made ones like Project M. The newest games in the series, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, have been tremendously popular among casual and competitive players alike and will be the main focus of the thread. If you prefer some of the other games, however, don't let that discourage you! We have Melee and Project M fans here too. and we have fun using Dolphin to netplay with each other!

USEFUL LINKS
#goonsmash Discord! A bunch of us hang out there and we play frequently! It's really chill and we always like to get new players, so join us!

Want to play Project M with us? Here's a guide to set it up with Dolphin so you can do netplay. They also have netplay guides for Melee and 64.

Here's the patch notes for the most recent update 1.1.6 thanks to Smashboards

Here's the frame data for every character in Smash 4. Super useful and always kept up to date with the latest patch!

Here's a playlist of the videos Tourney Locator has been putting out that show off some of the more advanced techniques you can use in Smash 4

- drawn by forums user and Pikachu enthusiast Reiley

Ms. Unsmiley fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Mar 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Here's a video on how to wavedash:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_eZoX8nAdg

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Sooo this is for both 3DS and Wiiu now? If so, then fina-loving-ly..if anyone ever played the 3DS version anymore.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
fourth post

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!

quote:

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re loving dead, kiddo.

Roflfox
Jan 29, 2008

Your one and only, scorching laser light
A quick thing that might be useful to some folks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO_7Z85d9hE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7446MSkv3JE

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Since we're getting a new thread started: Does anyone attend IRL Smash events? And if so where, and for what games? I'm curious to see how many people actually go to organized tournaments as opposed to only playing with friends or online.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I like this game.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I'm Smash as well, brother. (said in a strong voice).

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

sharrrk posted:

ps the weekly is going to be on sunday again, 5 pm est. same rules as always. quote this if you want in

Ahem.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

http://challonge.com/goonsmash4

here's the challonge page for the next weekly. reminder that it's on sunday at 5 est

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

I like this game.

Which one?

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
The miiverse stage is great and you should never play any other level :)

Liquid Penguins fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Aug 21, 2015

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Liquid Penguins posted:

The miiverse stage is great and you should never play any other level :)

Unless you want to play online in which case Sakurai hates you

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Here is a guide I just wrote on how to choose a true main in Super Smash Bros.

Step 1: Buy the game.
Step 2: Pick someone you have fun playing as. Your main should feel natural to you, like wearing a glove or a comfortable pair of underpants. Winning or losing, as long as the gameplay feels right to you and your playstyle.
Step 3: Your True Main should be a character whom you love and respect deeply. If you're playing Ness, and you've never played Earthbound, he can never be your main no matter how good you are with him. If you play Diddy and you've never gotten 102% in DKC2, you're a fraud. If you're playing Sheik, and you actually like the character, then I question your mental health. This is without doubt the most important part of finding your main, so consider it carefully.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

sharrrk posted:

Which one?
Yeah

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

hello new thread. i still only have a 3DS but some day i will have a wii u and be able to play with you. maybe in January if Christmas and my birthday can combine into some cash that doesn't just go immediately into bills. i am still enjoying the game when i play it at my friends' houses and we keep making our amiibos fight and that's more fun than it should be

there is a new Smashified and it's Isaac from Golden Sun. he is a 3D model this time instead of just 2D art. i think he looks worse than the other stuff they've made unfortunately but if they keep doing 3D i imagine they'll improve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t08icOlqzGA

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I approve of Palucina gracing the OP of this new thread. Nicely done sharrrk.

Smash is a very good series. I can enjoy the company of all my Nintendo friends when I play Smash.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

You're welcome.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

well now i have no excuse.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I like sdmash bros

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
first

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
poo poo

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ruggington posted:

I like sdmash bros

youre in the right place, friend

NerfHerderEX
Aug 13, 2015

GG!

Wavedashing? More like wavecheating. Am I right?

No, but seriously. Melee is the greatest.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

sharrrk posted:

http://challonge.com/goonsmash4

here's the challonge page for the next weekly. reminder that it's on sunday at 5 est

Think I'm gonna try my hand this time. Sign me up.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I don't.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Haveing fun playing Peach and Kirby, and I am learning Robin too. drat, smash bros is some good poo poo.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
It'
's really messed up that you can only play 1 on 1 Smash 4 online with no items on final destination.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Smashing brothers is really fun and the fact that they added custom equipment and moves is amazing- I grind out equipment for hours hoping to get a rare or slightly better stats gently caress yeah. Falco used to be my bird but he feels kinda nerfed, switched to Pit/Dark Pit and he is an amazing birdboy who has everything falco has and more.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Palutena and Lucina both cute mains for cute gamers

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Reminder that the IRC is full of cool fun-having brothers for you to smash alone or in teams if you're not a regular already.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Come to IRC we are not mean or elitist and we will try our best to help you improve on your Game, as we are but trying to improve at our own. Help us help you help us help everyone not have to play on For Glory.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
not playing on for glory is the best thing next to not having to play with really bad latency issues

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe
I like to play Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U. It's a good game that is fun to play and that is why I like to play it.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

it is posted:

I like to play Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U. It's a good game that is fun to play and that is why I like to play it.

:yeah:

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Smash Is Good

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back