Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

A guy from TUF 2 fighting a guy from TUF 4 in 2015. What a world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Weighins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYRkoi3o83o

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Who was the goon that said this was a tune up fight for Moroz because lol.

I said I thought it was a weird matchup from a promotional point of view and to be honest I still kinda do because it basically killed any momentum she had from the Calderwood fight without really serving to boost Letourneau's profile all that much. Like basically after this fight you can sort of say ok, Moroz isn't all that great and Letourneau is OK (and Calderwood looks really bad). Whereas if they had matched her up with like, Randa Markos or Rose Namajunas then either one would have probably smashed her and would have gotten a lot more hype from it than Letourneau is gonna get.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

I'm glad that ended quickly because I was fully expecting a mediocre 15 minute fight.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

SLANGIN' AND BANGIN'

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Cote's first UFC finish since 2008 :monocle:

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

If this goes longer than 3 minutes I think Magny's got it.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Silva takes his first deep breath at the 0:50 mark, lol

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

huh Silva actually looks better in R3. Colour me surprised.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

"Demian Maia did a good job of keeping me humble" :3:

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

My guess is that Oliveira is going to get boxed up and do the fainting goat routine again but if it goes to the ground it'll be interesting.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

uh what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/ufc-es...mpaign=facebook

quote:

While the fighter was clearly hurt, the exact nature of the injury wasn’t immediately clear. However, a UFC PR official, as well as Dr. Jeff Davidson, a UFC medical consultant who worked the event, today told MMAjunkie that Oliveira suffered a micro-tear of his esophagus in the fight.

That's a new one.

• Locked thread