Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

About This Game posted:

ABOUT THIS GAME

Steal alien powers and absorb their memories! Can you outlast your opponents to escape from planet Versus?

Versus: The Lost Ones is a thrilling 123,000-word interactive novel by Zachary Sergi, author of our best-selling Heroes Rise trilogy. Your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based -- without graphics or sound effects -- and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

Become an interstellar warrior, gifted with the power to ransack the thoughts and abilities of others. Transported to an unfamiliar world beyond your wildest dreams, you must invade the minds of your fellow captives to survive.

Seduce Lady Venoma, a self-proclaimed goddess, or clash with Empress Vaccus, a tusked monster and the sworn enemy of your home world. Triumph in gladiatorial combat, or in the deadly politics of planet Versus. Absorb the right talents, and you just might save the galaxy!
    Fight for humans or androids in a morally ambiguous civil war

Play as male, female, transgender, intersex, or a non-categorizable gender identity

Subvert the corrupt Elite Courte, or join them to suppress rebellion

Romance aliens, crossbreeds, and intergalactic royalty, or go it alone -- the choice is yours

Dive into a sci-fi hybrid of space operas, futuristic dystopias, fantasy epics, and political chess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Prologue posted:

reflection

"Prisca needs you, like she needs all of us."

- General Thomil

quote:

There would be something beautiful about this place, if it wasn't so haunted. It's them: the silverized statues, fluid and pulsing in their stillness, stretching across the garden hills in tidy rows. There are hundreds of them, each representing a life lost on this strange, foreign planet.

Planet Versus.

You haven't decided whether being called here is a blessing or a curse, but then you've only been here a few days. Up until now it's been nothing but shock and awe, wonder and adventure. Take your present company, for example: you stand beside a devastated android and a coding witch and a war-torn commander, an avian airprince and his towering slave, a racing weaponess and an alien deity. Where you're from, this wouldn't be near the realm of possibility, but here on planet Versus, any limits on the impossible have been cracked wide open.

In a way, it's everything you've ever dreamed of for your once-sheltered life. It's also more terrifying than you could have imagined. After all, you stand here at the funeral of someone you've just met — someone whose death you had a direct hand in sentencing. You stand underneath their memorial statue, knowing that before your time here is through, you're likely to see many more statues populate these hills.

That is, if your own doesn't take shape first.

quote:

That's when the cold reality grips you:

You don't want to die here.

So what are you going to do to make sure you survive planet Versus?

THREE DAYS AND TWO WORLDS AGO

quote:

Today is supposed to be a different day, a special day, but so far it's looking like all the others. You sit in the same seat in the same combat transplane, staring out the same window at the same set of scenes. You know you're supposed to be nervous, because today's battle is more important than any one you've faced before — but that's the thing: all you've ever faced is battle.

When all you've ever wanted is something more.

Though as usual, all you get is more of the same. Like now, looking out the window at the Priscan capital blurring by. You know that you've explored every crack and cobblestone that makes up the city, just as you've explored every cave and corner that makes up planet Prisca. You see the familiar anti-Blot warning posters, the ads for shared data plans, the banners bearing the Dhanthik Reflection, and wish that for once you'd see something you didn't expect to see.

So you try to put yourself somewhere else, the same way you do every day.

1. I'm on a planet made of fire, steering a lava log through a molten lake.

2. I'm behind a waterfall, hidden in a cavern of crystals pulsating distinct emotions.

3. I'm in an endless foreign city, negotiating the price of some mysterious delicacy.

4. I'm leaning back in my Galactic Council chair, weighing the fate of worlds.

5. I'm jumping out of a bedroom window, hoping to escape the furious father chasing me.

CHARACTER PAGE posted:

BATTLE STATS

Current Life: 10
Maximum Life: 10
Forceful: 50% Cunning: 50%
Solo: 50% Team: 50%
Weapons: 50% Abilities: 50%
Absorption Energy: 0
Absorption Strength: 0
Absorption Technical Skill: 0
Absorption Command: 0
Absorption Agility: 0

SOCIAL STATS

Ruthless: 50% Genuine: 50%
Regime: 50% Rebellion: 50%
Family: 50%
Unknown: 50%

PROGRESS STATS

Mastery: 0
Growth: 0

Master posted:

MASTERY

Gain Mastery points by making decisions consistent with your existing Stat Levels. These Levels will be continuously tested and rewarded with Mastery points.

Tip: Once you choose a stat characteristic, keep making decisions to master that Stat. For example, if you choose to be Ruthless, remain as Ruthless as possible throughout your experience.

Tip: Mastering different combinations of Stats in new readthroughs will unlock new story outcomes and Achievements.

Growth posted:

GROWTH

This Stat measures your character evolution. How successfully do you navigate new cultures? How do you respond to belief systems that potentially conflict with your own? Does your own perspective evolve or remain unchanged?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Hahaha goddamn you're doing this already? Godspeed to you.

Let's do the waterfall thing

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
Oh christ he pushed the romance angle in the advertising :suicide:

We're relaxing in a chair

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
I can't believe these lovely games sell well enough to keep getting made.

4. Let's be galactic president donald trump.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Ooo. Shiny!

I'm jumping out of a bedroom window. Round these parts, we call that Tuesdays.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Obscil posted:

I can't believe these lovely games sell well enough to keep getting made.

4. Let's be galactic president donald trump.

They get surprisingly good reviews. For reasons I cannot fathom.

3 - let's barter with the local McDonald's cashier.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
Hey, you still have about 500,000 pages of HPMOR to read! Don't think we're letting you off the hook that easily!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3702281

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

quote:

an avian airprince
Because of loving course

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
I'm ready to ride this railroad all the way to the inevitable trainwreck. But hey, the Heroes Rise trilogy was some time ago, maybe he's learned something since-

Zachary Sergi posted:

an avian airprince
Ah hell.

Let's be Councillors (4).

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Prologue posted:

So you try to put yourself somewhere else, the same way you do every day.

1. I'm on a planet made of fire, steering a lava log through a molten lake.

2. I'm behind a waterfall, hidden in a cavern of crystals pulsating distinct emotions.

3. I'm in an endless foreign city, negotiating the price of some mysterious delicacy.

4. I'm leaning back in my Galactic Council chair, weighing the fate of worlds.

5. I'm jumping out of a bedroom window, hoping to escape the furious father chasing me.

quote:

You could allow the invasion hordes to conquer their neighboring planet, but is securing their minister's signature on your eon-construction contract worth those thousands of lives? You know that someone will have to rebuild in the face of all that destruction… but what of your sworn duty to intergalactic peace?

Power and influence are such tricky things, aren't they?

+1 Absorption Command

quote:

This is perhaps your most cherished memory and you remember it vividly, even though it isn't truly yours.

You absorbed it years ago from a stranded pilot who accidentally crash-landed in your backyard. You were just a child then, luckily, so the authorities didn't even suspect you had absorbed the memory. Though the fact that you did, and that you have kept it a secret all these years, breaks two of Prisca's most sacred laws.

You're pulled from this blasphemous thought as your sister Gilo hisses your name from the seat next to you:

"Caprica."

"Nilo."

"Godessa."

"Bludgeono."

"Gailford."

"Bohari."

"Kgoins."

"Hillsaint."

"Phershorn."

Select your own name.

CHARACTER PAGE posted:

BATTLE STATS

Absorption Command: 1

SOCIAL STATS

PROGRESS STATS

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Donald Trump is the only name suitable to this train wreck of a series.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Blackrail McMagicrunner

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Why are you doing this to yourself? Haven't you suffered enough?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

What the gently caress are those names? Clearly we are Bludgeono.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Nilo

A non-choice already. Oh Zachery, it's like you never left :allears:

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

No kidding. I vote for Kgroins, and that is not a typo.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Bludgeono is clearly canon.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Who else would we possibly be?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Another one of these? Shine on, you crazy diamond :allears:

Bludgeono is our name.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

You're pulled from this blasphemous thought as your sister Gilo hisses your name from the seat next to you:

Select your own name - Bludgeono Trump

quote:

"Bludgeono Trump, show some respect!"

Ignoring Gilo's punch to your thigh, you turn your attention back inside the transplane, where it probably should remain. Mother is giving one of her speeches and you know that troops from all over Prisca would kill to hear a rallying cry from her, today of all days. You just don't imagine that Mother will say anything much different from the dozens of speeches you've heard before.

"I don't have to remind you how important this battle is," Mother continues, one hand resting on the holstered grav-gun at her side. That special edition grav-gun is like Mother's security blanket, or better yet, a kind of permanent extremity. You can't remember a time you've ever seen her without it laid against her hip, coursing with power and command.

"I will remind you, nonetheless. Today, the future of our entire planet depends upon us." Mother pauses, lapsing into one of her signature dramatic breaks. You watch as the troops sit a little straighter in their transplane seats — when Mother speaks, people listen. After all, she is the greatest Priscan general who ever lived.

"We've fought hard to keep the Blots from advancing this far, but the enemy we face is relentless. If they take control of the Collective Lifeplant, Prisca is lost forever. Which means that today, we must win."

You look to your right and see Gilo sitting still, her square jaw set, always the perfect soldier. Then you look across the transplane to the Medic Bay, where Father stares at Mother, a broad smile curved under his bushy moustache. As usual, he is practically made of pride — you can feel his emotions flowing freely through the cabin with everyone else's as Mother finishes her speech.

"Today must be the end of this black war," Mother finishes. "Which means today must also be the first day of our new lives."

quote:

"In Dhanthik's glory, we share!" Mother finishes, raising her fist in the air. You shout a cheer with the rest of the troops and immediately feel the swell of courage and terror and resilience in the transplane, passing from soldier to soldier.

Automatically, you feel your mind opening up, offering your own thoughts and feelings freely. You've always wondered what it might be like on other planets, if other cultures value sharing the way that Priscans do. You know firsthand that when you live in a world where everyone can absorb the abilities and memories of others, reciprocity becomes the golden standard. Still, you've always wondered what it would be like to keep things to yourself. What would it feel like to have a mind entirely untouched by others?

These are questions that have plagued you your entire life, though you suppose you already know a bit of what it's like to withhold. As the emotional shareburst builds into a frenzy inside the transplane, you bury your stolen pilot memory deep in the most private pocket of your mind, holding back just enough to keep that part of yourself hidden.

NOT LONG AFTER

quote:

You stand in a circle with your family in the private command office, reciting the standard pre-war Dhanthik Reflection. This always makes you think of your very first pre-war Reflection, back when you were in grade school, before anyone knew how grave and encompassing the Black Blot War would become. Mother has always been stern, but she was not yet a General to you then. You remember how much younger she had looked, before her light grey eyes turned entirely to steel.

You'd been playing in the pondpool with Gilo, losing at some intricate game she had created with trapballs and floating rings. Whenever the game shifted in your favor, the rules also seemed to shift to suit Gilo — which was fine by you, since you had long since learned to cheat at Gilo's games, anyway. She was so loyal and obedient, Gilo didn't even consider the possibility that someone might cheat, so she never thought to look for the signs. Though you suppose Gilo cheated in her own way, setting up her malleable rules to begin with…

Mother had come out into the yard in the middle of the game, dressed in her full Priscan Battlesuite armor, which she somehow wore as effortlessly as a summerdress. Father trailed behind her, as he often did, wearing not much more than a smile. Though something was different about Father's smile that day — it took on a labored quality, like it was stretched too tightly to hold for very long.

quote:

"I must go on a tour now, I hope to not be gone for long," she said. "Gilo, I expect you to protect the family while I'm gone."

Gilo nodded and raised her hand across her broad chest, finding a way to salute in her own way before she even knew what it truly meant. She was a born soldier even then, with her sturdy frame and plain, pliable face.

"And Bludgeono Trump, I want you to make sure to keep Father busy tending to the cuts and sprains from all of your exploring. Can you do that for me?"

You nodded as well, though you were unable to mask the wave of fear that poured through you, seeing Mother off like this. She sensed this immediately, as all Priscan mothers do, and drowned out your fear with a burst of her own shared courage.

"It's high time I taught you both the pre-war Reflection," she said then, taking your hands into her own. "It is meant to remind us to be a source of shared strength in all things, but especially in times of strife."

That was the first time you recited this Reflection as a family, but none of you knew then it would be far from the last…

Father toweled you and Gilo dry before Mother knelt down to speak to you both, smelling of metal and gravity fluid.

quote:

"We are mirrors, forever reflecting, hiding nothing, sharing everything," your family whispers in unison now, echoing these same words across your shared minds.

As you repeat the words, you sneak open your eyes and see everyone's reflections continue infinitely, bouncing from mirrored wall to mirrored wall. Almost every structure on Prisca is made of mirrors, a powerful reminder to see yourself in everything, so that you may reflect everything in yourself. The metaphor is so potent, in fact, that all Priscans are branded with mirror patches on their left cheeks upon birth.

You stare into your own mirror patch now, reflecting your image endlessly across the ship. You wonder what it would be like if you could dive into this infinite abyss, if somehow the mirror could melt into a portal to take you to some new world, someplace new and uncharted.

Though really, you'd even settle for a different life here on Prisca…

1. I'd love to be a doctor, like Father.

2. My dream is to be an artist of some kind.

3. On second thought, I really do just want to be a galactic explorer outside Prisca.

4. I'd like to pursue an academic profession, to become a teacher or a lawyer.

5. I want to be a Priscan Purist, serving as part of the Reflectionist Elders.

6. I've always dreamed of a simple life as a farmer.

7. Truly, I see myself as some kind of political revolutionary.

8. Actually, I'm happy serving as a soldier, defending my planet.

CHARACTER PAGE posted:

NAME: Bludgeono Trump

BATTLE STATS

SOCIAL STATS

PROGRESS STATS

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
3. On second thought, I really do just want to be a galactic explorer outside Prisca.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

malkav11 posted:

They get surprisingly good reviews. For reasons I cannot fathom.

Some of them are actually good- I liked Tin Star, for one.

Anyway, there is no way Trump isn't a political revolutionary (7)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

7. The revolution is coming, my friend, and President Bludgeono Trump shall be the friend of the rich people.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This reads like War with the Evil Power Master.

It lacks the Evil Power Master, though, and is thus much worse.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

Though really, you'd even settle for a different life here on Prisca…

1. I'd love to be a doctor, like Father.

2. My dream is to be an artist of some kind.

4. I'd like to pursue an academic profession, to become a teacher or a lawyer.

5. I want to be a Priscan Purist, serving as part of the Reflectionist Elders.

6. I've always dreamed of a simple life as a farmer.

7. Truly, I see myself as some kind of political revolutionary.

8. Actually, I'm happy serving as a soldier, defending my planet.

quote:

While Mother couldn't begin to fathom a life of debate and exposition, she has always respected your desire to become a political force, as a Priscan loyalist herself.

Instead, Father has been the one to truly support your ambitions, sneaking you newstablets and history books here and there. Still, time has always been too short for you to truly engage in anything but war.

So you've been stuck serving as a soldier since you came of age. You've always felt trapped by this service, but you fear this feeling isn't confined simply to the war. It has always been hard for you to forget the fact that you're stuck on planet Prisca, period.

This portal fantasy is one you play on repeat, sadly, for no one has been allowed on or off Prisca for generations.

quote:

It has been centuries since the Priscan Elders decided it was imperative to protect the Collective Consciousness from any and all "culturally impure" alien knowledge. Whatever else you may believe, you've always found it difficult to understand the point of having the ability to share everything when everyone is the same and there's nothing new to learn.

Prisca's Impure Black Market tries its best to keep you supplied with galactic textbooks and foreign holozines, exotic fiction and alien scripture, but you know the truth: There's an entire galaxy beyond Prisca filled with bold and exciting planets brimming with strange and wonderful cultures, and you hardly know anything about them.

With this in mind, do you still consider yourself a good Priscan?

1. Yes, in every other regard, I open myself to others.

2. No, I am a master of keeping secrets and hiding my true intentions.

3. I believe in Prisca's doctrine of openness, but I do not believe in the Purity Laws.

4. I want to be a good Priscan and am ashamed of my behavior, but I can't seem to help it.

CHARACTER PAGE posted:

BATTLE STATS

SOCIAL STATS

PROGRESS STATS

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Man, gently caress Prisca. 2

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

2. (lie) I am a good Priscan.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

Some of them are actually good- I liked Tin Star, for one.

Anyway, there is no way Trump isn't a political revolutionary (7)

I was specifically talking about the ones Zachary Sergi has written - i.e. Heroes Rise et al. There are definitely some Choice of Games titles that are worthwhile. But the Heroes Rise trilogy are appalling yet have a ton of glowing reviews on Steam, TouchArcade gave the iOS version of the first one four stars, etc etc.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

malkav11 posted:

I was specifically talking about the ones Zachary Sergi has written - i.e. Heroes Rise et al. There are definitely some Choice of Games titles that are worthwhile. But the Heroes Rise trilogy are appalling yet have a ton of glowing reviews on Steam, TouchArcade gave the iOS version of the first one four stars, etc etc.

Ah, right then. Yeah, I don't know wtf either.Maybe people just like lovely, railroaded romances?

Speaking of which, there isn't an option to be a wholly obedient, :commissar: Priscian, is there? IT BEGINS.

That being said, Liberal!Trump is as outspoken (1) as regular Trump!

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
It hurts already. Even this early, there's already some painful torture of language. I don't get why Sergi's works are considered the flagship for Choice Of Games. None of the others I've looked at are this bad at, well, writing. Just, the entire page after choosing our name is full of descriptions meandering from the dialogue they spawned from, "this is a super-cool thing", and of course we're a special snowflake who hides their memories from everybody in a society where everybody shares all of their memories and emotions. On that note, lying is our game (2).

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Mikl posted:

2. (lie) I am a good Priscan.

Yep.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

With this in mind, do you still consider yourself a good Priscan?

1. Yes, in every other regard, I open myself to others.

2. No, I am a master of keeping secrets and hiding my true intentions.

3. I believe in Prisca's doctrine of openness, but I do not believe in the Purity Laws.

4. I want to be a good Priscan and am ashamed of my behavior, but I can't seem to help it.

quote:

Your mental stockpile of contraband knowledge is just the beginning — you've learned to hide a lot about yourself over the years. Who knows, maybe you could have devoted your life to changing things on Prisca if you hadn't had to constantly fight in this endless war…

+5 Ruthless / -5 Genuine
-5 Regime / +5 Rebellion

"In Dhanthik's mighty name, we hold ourselves up in Hir stead, awaiting the glorious return."

Pulling your mind back from its usual wanderings, you close your eyes again. You try to focus on repeating the Reflection, on opening your mind to the desires of your family. Right now you all have the same desire: to win this war. Which is so… expected.

Focusing harder, you push your powers to peek behind this desire, looking to find the more personal projections. It's considered impolite to dig further beyond what is offered by another Priscan, but you've gotten good at browsing surreptitiously through the minds of loved ones.

Within moments, you can feel how Mother wants to win the war for world peace, to save the lives of the troops under her care. The desire feels sharp, made entirely of edges. Father wants to win so your family can be safe and finally live a normal life, a feeling of ceaseless smoothness and roundness.

Gilo wants to win the war… actually, it doesn't feel like a want so much as a need. You're not sure what Gilo would do if the war ended, since a life in combat is all she has ever dreamed of. Still, she needs to win for the glory of victory. It's a feeling so bold and loud, it almost drowns out everything else.

quote:

"Mirrored Matron, Bludgeono Trump," Mother says as the Reflection comes to a close. "I know we're meant to share all, but how many times must I tell you that it's poor manners to pry during a Reflection?"

You feel your ears start to burn — you thought you had slipped through everyone else's desires undetected. Usually you're good at doing so, but something about your nerves today must be making you sloppy. You look at Mother's stern, unadorned face as you try to think up another explanation for your behavior.

"Don't mind Mother," Father says. "You know how she gets before a big battle."

Father kisses Mother and, as usual, he has a calming effect on her. She even tries to smile, but that's never been her strong suit. You've all faced battle together before, but never one this big, or this important.

"May I please have a moment alone with Bludgeono Trump?" Mother says. Father and Gilo don't seem pleased by this, but they are used to doing what Mother says without question. Once they have exited, Mother turns to you, her usually stern face set ablaze with worry.

quote:

"Bludgeono Trump, I've always known you have the most willful and curious nature in all of Prisca," Mother sighs. "Mirrored Matron knows this war has been hard on all of us, but I have no doubt it has been the hardest on you. I know there are a hundred ways you'd rather be living your life. So trust me when I say that I fight this war for your freedom, as hard as I fight it for anything else."

You feel the urgency behind Mother's words as you listen, forcefully merging with your own. Still, as much as you appreciate them, you know these are not the words Mother has called on you to deliver.

"Despite all this, there is still something I must ask of you. I have thought on this matter a great while and have long since made up my mind, but there has not yet been a time I felt you needed to know. I fear that time has now come, for there has never been a battle more vital than the one we face today — or more dangerous."

As Mother pauses to clear her throat, you feel something from her you've never, ever felt before…

Fear.

quote:

"There is a chance today, more than any other day, that I may fall."

Mother says the words and she grimaces from the force of your own projected rejection, but she pushes through, determined as always.

"If that were to happen, all eyes would certainly fall on Gilo to inherit my command position, in Priscan tradition. While Gilo is the fiercest soldier I have ever known and I love her with all of my heart, she is meant to carry out orders, not command them."

The words land with a slap across your mind, but Mother's face remains even. How could she say that about Gilo? You've never met anyone more suited for war or leadership than your older sister….

"I can already feel that it will take you time to understand, and that comes as no surprise," Mother carries on. "However, someday you will indeed understand. I will fight today with all that I have to keep the worst from happening, but if I should fall, I must ask you one dying wish."

quote:

"If I am to fall, you must promise to inherit the command of the Priscan army and win this black war in my stead."

You hear these words and are truly baffled by them. You're not sure what stings most, the idea of Mother dying or the fact that she has asked you to inherit the position Gilo covets most in the world — a position you'd much rather do without. After all, a soldier's duty always eventually ends, but a General's responsibility lasts for life.

Despite your shock, Mother's steely eyes still demand a response. How can you even begin to answer such an impossible request?

1. "I… I don't know that I can accept this responsibility," I say earnestly.

2. "I accept your request with honor," I say, hiding my true feelings of doubt.

3. "I don't have a choice in this, do I?" I say. "I've never had a choice."

CHARACTER PAGE posted:

BATTLE STATS

SOCIAL STATS

Ruthless: 55% Genuine: 45%
Regime: 45% Rebellion: 55%

PROGRESS STATS

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

2. It is a heavy burden, but Bludgeono Trump is the best suited to carry it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

No option to say 'Hell yes, I will take up the banner of victory!' I note.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
3. "I don't have a choice in this, do I?" I say. "I've never had a choice in a Zachary Sergi story."

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Oblivion4568238 posted:

It hurts already. Even this early, there's already some painful torture of language.

"Pondpool"

3. There are no choices in this game.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

YOU'RE FIRED, SIS!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I eagerly await seeing how this one turns into romance-railroad bullshit halfway through.

3. But thou must!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Blood for the blood god

• Locked thread