Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
We're alone. How... exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This book is so thrilling. :geno:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I am very excited by this self insert fan fiction game.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

You almost gag, but instead you force yourself to get a grip, to find some kind of anchor….

1. Gilo.

2. Mother.

3. My communicator.

4. My excitement.

5. My fear.

quote:

It may be wrong, but if you really have left Prisca somehow, this could be the escape you've been looking for, ever since —

-6 Family

"Chirp. Company. Chirp," Rosae appears to say. She adds a jaunty little twirl as she wisps back into your Strawman Blond belt, apparently unaffected by your foreign surroundings.

"I can't get any readings on my — unknown at posfour!"

You spin and freeze as you encounter two figures standing across the grassy field. The first is a rugged, grey-haired commander, wearing dark green fatigues with a white H on his chest. He is covered from head to toe with knives, grenades, and belted pouches sure to be filled with even more weapons. Though is that a… water tank that you see strapped to his back?

Next to the commander stands a weathered woman with short black hair, wearing the same green and white fatigues. Her dull white eyes stare at you, the jade-green scar across her eye glowing as she does.

quote:

You heft your grav-gun and thumb the trigger, but before you can say or do anything, the jade-scarred woman whispers something inaudible and twitches her fingers in an intricate pattern. Her eyes flash the same green as her scar and suddenly your grav-gun powers down.

"Disarmed," she says to the grey-haired commander. What the blerg? How did she just —

"Drop your weapon and identify yourself," the commander shouts at you, pulling out two throwing knives and holding them ready. You can tell from his hard expression that he doesn't just use those for show.

You struggle to compose yourself and form words, but that proves even more impossible when an enormous shadow is suddenly cast over the grey-haired commander.

quote:

"Holy furk," the grey-haired commander shouts, turning his knives toward the hulking creature. It stands nearly fifteen feet tall and half as wide, a solid wall of pale yellow skin pulled across thick muscle. Rotting grey teeth protrude from its brutish face and you can smell it from where you stand, a mix of rotten eggs and body odor.

Faced with the grey-haired commander's knives, the pale creature raises its massive hands in defense. You force yourself to blink — what in all Fathers Below is that thing?

"I don't know who you are," a new, high-pitched voice suddenly rings. "But if you maim a royal slave, even one as ugly as this brute, it will be the last thing you do."

You follow the sound of this voice to find a nearly-naked man floating above the pale creature, his arms crossed over his lean torso. He wears only a rectangle of delicately embroidered fabric across his midsection, revealing his abnormally long limbs and sleek olive skin. He is strangely beautiful, but his face looks less human than… avian?

Your mind struggles to grip onto something, some detail that makes any sense. Priscans naturally possess many different skin hues and face shapes, but those differences are thought to be meaningless, entirely superficial. Those are nothing like what you see here — actual, biological differences. These beings have to be…

Aliens?

quote:

"Okay, how about we all put down the shiny weapons and talk this out first?"

This new voice enters the mix and you turn to find a short woman covered in black leather with pink stripes, wearing a matching black and pink racing helmet. There's a massive pink gun on her hip, though this is not as intimidating, somehow, as the two sleek blackmetal wings strapped to her back.

"I was about to start the uni-race when I got bathed in teleportation energy," she says, looking around. "Spawner's Spit, we couldn't possibly be on…"

Before this racing weaponess can finish, however, she seems to register something and thumbs the gun on her hip.

"Actually, we may want to use our weapons on that thing."

quote:

You turn to look across the grassy strip and your heart nearly stops.

It sloshes across the field, but not the way a normal Blot does. It moves with purpose, its nimble limbs littered with dozens of blacknamel tusks. It's twice the size of an ordinary Blot, its towering head adorned with a crown of spikes. Though that's not what catches your eye — all you can seem to focus on is the blood-red V painted across its chest.

That's the Blot General, Empress Vaccus.

You only recognize it from images you absorbed in the Collective Consciousness, of course — no one has ever seen Empress Vaccus in person and lived to tell about it.

Immediately, you recall the most chilling memory…

1. Of a village in Prisca's agricultural sector that was pillaged by Empress Vaccus personally.

2. Of an elite Priscan Special Forces Unit that was sent to infiltrate Empress Vaccus's stronghold…

3. Of Empress Vaccus's rumored taste for Priscan teeth, which it bites off one by one with its unique ironclad jaw…

4. Of Empress Vaccus's true bloodlust. It is the only Blot you've ever heard of that kills its prey without the intent of Blot conversion.

5. Of the red V on Empress Vaccus's chest, which is said to be repainted with the blood of its victims regularly.

CHARACTER PAGE posted:

NAME: Bludgeono Trump

BATTLE STATS

Current Life: 9
Maximum Life: 10

Forceful: 39% Cunning: 61%
Solo: 45% Team: 55%
Weapons: 55% Abilities: 45%

Absorption Energy: 0
Absorption Strength: 0
Absorption Technical Skill: 0
Absorption Command: 1
Absorption Agility: 0

SOCIAL STATS

Ruthless: 55% Genuine: 45%
Regime: 43% Rebellion: 57%
Family: 39%
Unknown: 50%

PROGRESS STATS

Mastery: 1
Growth: 0

Achievements posted:

ACHIEVEMENTS

Family Falters: Mother Reacted Negatively To Your Answer (5 points)
Battle Blots Flawlessly: Gained First Mastery Point for Consistent Stat Decisions (10 points)

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

No. NO. I can take slugger. I can take blerg. But no furk.

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

Suddenly you get ambushed by two aliens who disarm your high-tech weapons effortlessly! Then a monster appears! Then more aliens! Then the alien boss! Which of the facts you remember about her terrifies you the most?

Also:

quote:

He wears only a rectangle of delicately embroidered fabric across his midsection, revealing his abnormally long limbs and sleek olive skin. He is strangely beautiful, but his face looks less human than… avian? 

:negative:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Oh we're into some poo poo now aren't we :negative:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

" 3. Of Empress Vaccus's rumored taste for Priscan teeth, which it bites off one by one with its unique ironclad jaw…" :what: :psyduck:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

At least slugger fit the tone of the series as this sort of cutesy euphemism that might show up in a campy comic book.

But blerg and furk sound like stupid made-up words in a stupid made-up setting.

Okay, I guess they do match. :v:

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

I'm guessing that the characters are on some dumbass alien reality tv show where they kill each other.

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

The protagonist isn't sure if Blots are even alive despite the fact that they reproduce. Then there are intelligent tactician Blots and now we see a Blot Empress who's sentient enough to have a bloody letter painted on her body (of course, a letter from the Latin alphabet). This is probably the moment where the protagonist should reevaluate their views.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

can we seduce the corpse???

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I vote for False Choice #1

It is a false choice, isn't it? There's no way that this choice will have any impact beyond influencing half a paragraph where our character, frozen in fear and indecision, has a flashback to one of these things with a little bit more detail and then the rest of the exposition dump comes down on us.

Eldataluta
May 31, 2012

I'll admit, I've mostly been just skimming the longer paragraphs because... Well, you've read them. So, I don't really know if I missed it, but has there been any real physical description of what a person from Priscia looks like? Are they just meant to be humans but telepathic?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

It has to be the teeth. Also allow me to throw in an early vote for seducing the empress

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

Immediately, you recall the most chilling memory…

1. Of a village in Prisca's agricultural sector that was pillaged by Empress Vaccus personally.

2. Of an elite Priscan Special Forces Unit that was sent to infiltrate Empress Vaccus's stronghold…

3. Of Empress Vaccus's rumored taste for Priscan teeth, which it bites off one by one with its unique ironclad jaw…

4. Of Empress Vaccus's true bloodlust. It is the only Blot you've ever heard of that kills its prey without the intent of Blot conversion.

5. Of the red V on Empress Vaccus's chest, which is said to be repainted with the blood of its victims regularly.

quote:

While its victim still lives. You have absolutely no idea what Empress Vaccus is doing here in this strange place, but one thought pierces through all the chaos in your mind: if you somehow manage to kill or capture it, you could end the Black Blot War right here, right now. Empress Vaccus is the Blot figurehead, mindlessly worshipped by the Blot hordes as the driving force behind their hive-minded invasion.

The thought that you can take Empress Vaccus yourself is laughable, though — it is the most powerful and deadly Blot any Priscan has ever encountered. It's also supposed to be the only Blot with some sort of awareness, directing its Blot army atop an utterly solitary throne.

Empress Vaccus is supposed to be virtually unkillable, but then again, you can tell it is as disoriented as you are right now, since it hasn't lurched to kill any of these strange beings yet. Perhaps there is a way to use this temporary confusion to your advantage….

quote:

You still have no idea where you are or why you are here, but you can sort those details out later. All that matters in this moment is finding a way to fight Empress Vaccus without getting yourself killed, which is going to be a lot easier said than done.

You could try to handle Empress Vaccus relying solely on your anti-Blot Battlesuite and Priscan abilities, since there's no telling who you can trust to fight alongside you just yet. If anyone in this insane bunch is at all smart, hopefully they'll follow your lead and find a way to back you up.

However, you also quickly realize that you could try to flash-absorb the abilities of one of these strangers to better your chances against Empress Vaccus. You've always been warned that absorbing off-world can be dangerous, or even deadly, without proper training, but fighting Empress Vaccus either way is going to be a risk.

No matter what, you know that hesitation is not an option.

1. Flash-absorb the abilities of one of these foreign strangers.

2. Fight Empress Vaccus directly with my own anti-Blot Battlesuite.

3. Try to stun Empress Vaccus with a shareburst mindbolt, if only to buy some time to plan my next move.

CHARACTER PAGE posted:

BATTLE STATS

Solo: 45% Team: 55%
Weapons: 55% Abilities: 45%

Absorption Agility: 0

SOCIAL STATS

PROGRESS STATS

Achievements posted:

ACHIEVEMENTS

Battle Blots Flawlessly: Gained First Mastery Point for Consistent Stat Decisions (10 points)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Anticheese posted:

It is a false choice, isn't it?
Let's be real, everything is a false choice.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Oh. OH. I get it now. "Several warriors from various planets all around the universe are brought to a single place to duke it out in a grand battle royale until a single one stands victor, all for the amusement of a vastly powerful being (or race of beings) and/or to obtain a fabulous reward."

Personally speaking, I have a weak spot for these kinds of stories, especially since it usually results in a huge and hugely intricate web of alliances and betrayals. I wonder if the author can pull it off properly.

(Also, about 50% of the times this trope is used it results in the "contestants" allying themselves to bring down the superior power rather than battling. I wonder how it'll turn out in this CYOA.)

Stun the Empress.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Aug 28, 2015

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Stun the Empress so that somebody can come and explain to us... yeah, what Mikl posted there is what I was gonna get at, but it seems I was beaten to the punch!

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the answer to "can the author pull it off" is no.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Flash absorb the bird dude before he does something stupid

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

SSNeoman posted:

Flash absorb the bird dude before he does something stupid

Oh poo poo! Bird guy! Kill it first! Kill it first!

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
What no, that's (probably) taking his powers and adding them to our own powerset, to fight the Empress. Please don't turn us into a bird.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Oblivion4568238 posted:

What no, that's (probably) taking his powers and adding them to our own powerset, to fight the Empress. Please don't turn us into a bird.

If you're familiar with this author, turning into a bird will make us invulnerable because he is possessed of truly immense bird love.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Oblivion4568238 posted:

On the other hand it means we never have to listen bird guy talk. Worth it.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

SSNeoman posted:

On the other hand it means we never have to listen bird guy talk. Worth it.

I highly doubt that absorbing from him would kill or even harm him, least of the reasons being he's there in the intro! The pain is for us because we would be looking in the mind of someone who isn't part of an entire race of empaths who share literally everything with each other (and I've been wondering how individualism would even develop in such a society).

So, if the option even worked (instead of the more likely "As you try to decide who to absorb abilities from, [X] arrives and announces "This is my private Hunger Games on my private planet, have fun bye."), we'd end up with two birds instead! Bad idea! Please don't turn us into a bird!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Sorry, Oblivion, but considering how much this guy loves birdmen, we might as well absorb his powers now and get things over with.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Considering we have a whole stat block for it, absorb.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

No matter what, you know that hesitation is not an option.

1. Flash-absorb the abilities of one of these foreign strangers.

2. Fight Empress Vaccus directly with my own anti-Blot Battlesuite.

3. Try to stun Empress Vaccus with a shareburst mindbolt, if only to buy some time to plan my next move.

quote:

You know that it would be nearly impossible for you to take down Empress Vaccus on your own, so you need to try something new, attempt to acquire some unexpected edge.

-2 Solo / +2 Team
-5 Weapons / +5 Abilities

According to Priscan lore, it's terribly risky to absorb the abilities of unknown entities, given all the unpredictable factors. Still, it's a risk worth taking if it gives you a real shot at Empress Vaccus. Besides, you've always suspected that this warning was just more rhetoric to uphold Prisca's Purity Laws….

Either way, you suppose you're about to find out. Only one question remains: who should you flash-absorb?

1. The grey-haired commander.

2. The jade-scarred woman.

3. The pale creature.

4. The floating avian man.

5. The racing weaponess.

quote:

You run forward into the crowd of strangers and stop below the floating avian man. Physical contact works best for a full absorb, but you only need to be adjacent to perform a flash absorb — which is likely all you'll be equipped to handle, anyway.

+2 Absorption Agility

As you initiate the flash absorb, your eyes shine like liquid mirrors and your entire body seizes. You wonder if this was a terrible mistake, until your mind is flooded with images of a life spent in the clouds, moving fom palace to splendid palace, an endless parade of luxury built on the backs of brutes. You have no idea what you are seeing and you feel like you might explode from the loftiness, but then you stabilize.

Once you do, you find that your body becomes light and agile, perfectly suited for a cunning maneuver.

The floating avian man turns to you, wanting to speak but unable to express himself. However jarring that was for you, it must have been doubly so for him. Still, there's no time: you've got to act fast. You doubt you'll hold onto this borrowed power for long, since flash absorbs tend to wear off quickly.

quote:

Now that you're properly armed, you need to decide how to attack Empress Vaccus.

You know that your only chance is to match how you've just equipped yourself with the proper forceful or cunning combat pattern.

Only the perfect combination will give you a real chance at taking down Empress Vaccus.

1. Attack Empress Vaccus directly: don't give it a chance to react, just devastate it.

2. Perform recon to discover if Empress Vaccus has any weaknesses, since I've never faced a Blot of this magnitude. Then use that weakness to formulate a plan of attack.

3. Focus on fracturing one of Empress Vaccus's many blacknamel tusks to see if it takes out a mindheart nervous system, then execute my planned attack.

CHARACTER PAGE posted:

BATTLE STATS

Solo: 43% Team: 57%
Weapons: 50% Abilities: 50%

Absorption Agility: 2

SOCIAL STATS

PROGRESS STATS

Achievements posted:

ACHIEVEMENTS

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Our newfound agility should give us an edge when it comes to recon. 2

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Force Recon

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Recon

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

Only the perfect combination will give you a real chance at taking down Empress Vaccus.

1. Attack Empress Vaccus directly: don't give it a chance to react, just devastate it.

2. Perform recon to discover if Empress Vaccus has any weaknesses, since I've never faced a Blot of this magnitude. Then use that weakness to formulate a plan of attack.

3. Focus on fracturing one of Empress Vaccus's many blacknamel tusks to see if it takes out a mindheart nervous system, then execute my planned attack.

quote:

You fly up into the sky, amazed at how agile you suddenly feel. You're actually flying — you have to stop the wave of inappropriate giddiness rippling through you to refocus on your plan of attack.

-5 Forceful / +5 Cunning

You have no idea if you're being incredibly brave or incredibly stupid, but either way you fly circles through Empress Vaccus's coldzone. Aside from the rush of empty silence, you immediately feel your skin crawl, as if it is covered in a thousand writhing spiders. A searing sting also erupts behind your eyes, a pressurized bolt of pain that rockets through your sinuses and makes your teeth ache.

Ignoring the added effects of this enhanced coldzone, you keep flying, hoping to see if Empress Vaccus's reaction will illuminate any weaknesses. Sure enough, you do capture Empress Vaccus's attention. It turns to you and you feel a burst of terror as its bloody eyes settle on you. Empress Vaccus then breaks off one of its blacknamel tusks and throws it at you like a projectile weapon.

You catch the tusk in midair and maneuver to return an attack. Before you can make another move, however, Empress Vaccus suddenly leaps into the sky without missing a beat. With one bounding stride, Empress Vaccus careens deep into the forest, its bloody V gleaming as it soars closer to the sun.

Blerg, you didn't know it could do that. Nor did you know it could prioritize anything other than mutilating Priscan targets. Could there be something about this place, or something about your attack, that has frightened Empress Vaccus into fleeing?

Whatever it is, you plan to capitalize on it as fully as possible.

quote:

Feeling your borrowed flight powers already wearing thin, you touch down and begin to chase after Empress Vaccus. You feel your body still seething with adrenaline — coordinating that attack and utilizing your abilities correctly was quite the rush. The fact that it was against Empress Vaccus means you've just done something no other Priscan has come close to doing… perhaps Mother was indeed correct to choose you over Gilo? Though you remind yourself that now is not the time for congratulations, not when Empress Vaccus is still out there.

+1 Mastery

That's when you suddenly realize that the broken blacknamel tusk in your hands isn't melting into a Blotbog. Empress Vaccus must have a more sophisticated composition than normal Blots — which must also mean that killing it is going to be much more complicated than killing a normal Blot.

Whatever the case, you pocket the tusk on your way into the forest — unlike normal Blot tusks, this one might come in handy as a weapon later.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED
Under The Tuskan Sun: Acquired Empress Vaccus Tusk (10 points)

quote:

As you enter the thick forest to chase after Empress Vaccus, you try your best not to be distracted by your wild surroundings. The forest is filled with massive tree trunks whose branches all bend back into the ground, forming intricate caverns and tunnels. You think the whole forest might actually be made up of one singular tree, with drooping branches that become the roots of the next trunk.

There are brightly colored flowers everywhere and you can hear the buzzing of insects all around — Mirrored Matron only knows what kind of animals are in here. You force that thought from your mind, however, because you need to focus on one thing: catching up to Empress Vaccus, wherever it is now. Though you haven't even paused to wonder why Empress Vaccus is running in the first place — usually Blots are more concerned with dominating than fleeing. Especially a Blot as vicious and powerful as Empress Vaccus is supposed to be…

The farther you run and the longer you have to think, the more the weight of your reality begins to settle. You're all alone in some foreign place, fighting the most deadly creature your people have ever known. You scream at yourself for ever being curious about disconnecting from Prisca, because now that you have, you feel a dark hole gaping in the edge of your own consciousness.

Creeping tendrils of cold panic start to seep out of that hole, so you try desperately to think of something, anything else.

quote:

Your mind decides to fix on a night long ago, when your family was on one of its rare vacations and you got lost for the first time. You had been out exploring the legendary Priscan mirrorwoods, where it is said that shamed Priscans have traveled for generations to share the dark secrets they tell no one else. You expected the mirrorwoods to feel sinister or sinful, but you were awed by their bright, shining branches and crisp, metallic leaves.

You were so engrossed by the mirrorwoods and the secrets hidden in their refracted seeds, you completely lost track of time. Night feel quickly and before you knew it, it was too dark to find your way back. To make matters worse, your mobile communicator had lost its battery charge from searching for scant service in the mirrorwoods and your own connection to the Collective Consciousness had been dimmed by the reflective interference. It was the first time you felt truly alone, but even then as a child, you did not panic.

Instead, you settled yourself against one of the sturdiest mirrortrunks, ignoring the sounds of the shardbugs and shatterwolves calling in the night. You dug in your heels and focused with all your might on projecting your presence as strongly as you could. It took hours, but eventually Gilo was the one to register your emotional signature. When she finally found you, her skin was flecked with cuts and her hair was matted with sweat — you realize she must have been looking for you tirelessly.

Though what you remember most about that night in the woods was that…

1. Gilo lied and told our parents we were playing a game of hide and seek, so that I'd be allowed to go exploring again the next day.

2. Mother could feel my lingering fear, so she insisted we all camp in the mirrorwoods that night so I wouldn't be afraid of them ever again.

3. Father told me stories of magical wood convexias who protected lost children in the night, to show I never had anything to fear.

4. I was so proud for surviving on my own without any source of connection, like a true explorer.

CHARACTER PAGE posted:

BATTLE STATS

Forceful: 34% Cunning: 66%

SOCIAL STATS

PROGRESS STATS

Mastery: 2

Achievements posted:

ACHIEVEMENTS

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
TRUMP NEEDS NOBODY! (4)

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

TRUMP NEEDS NOBODY! (4)

Sounds correct.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
4. Trump ain't no Loser

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

Though what you remember most about that night in the woods was that…

1. Gilo lied and told our parents we were playing a game of hide and seek, so that I'd be allowed to go exploring again the next day.

2. Mother could feel my lingering fear, so she insisted we all camp in the mirrorwoods that night so I wouldn't be afraid of them ever again.

3. Father told me stories of magical wood convexias who protected lost children in the night, to show I never had anything to fear.

4. I was so proud for surviving on my own without any source of connection, like a true explorer.

quote:

You let the memory of that rare independence steel you now as you run through this strange forest.

You may be lost and disconnected again, but you'll find your way back to your family now, just like you did then. And once you do return, you know you'll find that Gilo and Mother overcame those dreaded Blotbocs and won the day. There simply isn't any other reality you can consider.

This thought warms you as you run deeper and deeper into the forest, so far that your legs ache and your breathing becomes labored. You start to seriously question whether you're really on the right track when you glimpse a black figure moving up ahead. You dash after it even faster, your hope rising, but find that you go flying forward as something unexpected tightens around your ankle.

"Chirp. Trap. Chirp." Rosae tries to warn you, but it's too late.

Before you know it, you are swept off the ground as your legs fly up above your head. You dangle awkwardly for a moment until some kind of net falls over you. You feel around, expecting to touch roots or rope, but are surprised to find you're wrapped in…

Wires?

The net appears to be some strange mix of coaxial, charging, and auxiliary cords. What are these doing in the middle of this forest?

quote:

"Joy, another crop of Newcomers to deal with," a robotic voice says from somewhere nearby. "It won't be long before those snobby Elites come sniffing around, I suppose."

"Hello?" you shout. "Whoever you are, you need to let me down. There's a very dangerous creature loose in these woods!"

"Seriously," the voice says, growing louder. You swivel as much as you can to find… actually, you don't know what you find. Or what to call it, save for a woman-shaped robot, covered in more wires.

"You don't know the half of it, sweetie."

quote:

Blinking back your disbelief, you study the thing. Her body is made up of chunky metal consoles painted green and brown, which rest like plates of armor over a clear plastic frame. Inside the plastic you can see endless bundles of wires running like nerves through her body, all the way up through her head, where rubber-covered wires run out and fall to her waist like braids. Her faceplate is made to look human, save for the glowing white core that shines through the openings.

She also wears a tattered dress that covers her rusty, scratched frame. She looks like some kind of android gone wild — another being you have no idea how to classify. You don't know why this wild android woman has captured you, but you do know that you don't have time to figure it out. You have to break free before Empress Vaccus —

"Why are you looking at me like that?" the wild android woman snaps, her robotic drone taking on a tone of concern. "Wait, where are you from?"

You would like to ask her the very same questions — you've read Priscan science fiction stories about sentient androids, but you didn't know they really existed. Or that they could look like this. Or live in a forest.

Pushing these thoughts aside, you try to break free from the net that holds you, but the wires are too tight. You can't even move, let alone escape. You're going to have to try to talk your way out of this one.

1. "Let me loose now and I won't have to hurt you once I free myself."

2. "I mean you no harm; sorry if I intruded on your space. I could use some help, actually."

3. "If you let me go, I'll protect you from the deadly thing in the woods."

CHARACTER PAGE posted:

BATTLE STATS

Forceful: 34% Cunning: 66%

SOCIAL STATS

PROGRESS STATS

Mastery: 2

Achievements posted:

ACHIEVEMENTS

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
3. Trump is very arrogant about his skills that he doesn't actually have

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
3. Stand back and do REAL MEN do the job, baby.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

3. trump will protect you from that thing in the woods... a mexican

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

3. I'll protect you....for a price.

• Locked thread