Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Well I was Buffalo's GM so the bar is pretty low for me to hop over, anything better than 23 wins and 54 points and I'll be happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Well based on the program's assessments of our teams, it seems that it is tipping Dallas and Boston to meet in the SC finals - the only "needs" these teams are identified as having as they could add a 2nd pairing defenseman and "prospective" forward depth whatever that means. Every other team has a major piece left to add to it's roster - a first line player, top pairing defenceman, or #1 goaltender.

Winnipeg is the only team to have 3 major pieces missing - 2 first line wingers + the kiss of death (need a #1 goaltender). Could be your likely contenders for McDavid in this alternate universe :)

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

god drat it Niemi and Enroth. You're sinking the team!

**still ahead of the pace of the real life Sabres so I can hold on to that :(

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

well apparently my Sabres are averaging around 23 shots per game so maybe its not all the goaltenders fault..

Penalty Kill is decent so far.. that's the value of having Marcus Kruger on your team.

does this sim have unusually low events per game and that is why goaltending is so drat important? Based on some math (assuming those stats you posted are for the same 11 games my team went 3-6-2 in) I'm only allowing 26 shots per game.. so either I'm the real life New Jersey Devils, or this game is kind of low event.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

yikes that is one ugly goal differential for the Sabres. I think no small part of that is my goaltenders having a sub .900 combined save percentage last time I looked, but this is the point I'd be looking to sell if I were the Sabres. Good run in the last 10 games or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Obviously the program wants to right a terrible wrong and have the Sabres end up with Connor McDavid, I can understand.

• Locked thread