Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

This is a tiny house or one of the many kinds of tiny houses that can be your home if you are not a wasteful glutton of an American that hates the environment.

But if that is not to your liking there all sorts of modern designs around like this one:

Don't let the outside fool you though, these tiny houses are actually very spacious with more than enough room for a couple:

All of this can be yours in 160 sqft and less than $20,000.

Of course you are asking yourself, this is too good to be true, how can I have a tiny house? Where would I put it? Well my friend the answer is easy, you pull up to your parents house one day and say "Hi, I'm parking my tiny house in your backyard!" This house will probably also the one that you poo poo and shower in and also take their food.

If you would like to know more about tiny houses and how you can not kill mother earth by being a greedy bastard I suggest you tune in to Tiny House Hunters on HGTV:

http://www.hgtv.com/shows/tiny-house-hunters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EB Nulshit
Apr 12, 2014

It was more disappointing (and surprising) when I found that even most of Manhattan isn't like Times Square.
And if you really wanted extra space then you could just get like seven or eight of these and put them next to each other and then you wouldn't even need a real house. Very cool.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
Post itt if tiny house is bigger/nicer than your apartment.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Fargo Fukes posted:

Post itt if tiny house is bigger/nicer than your apartment.

They are smaller, but nicer than my apartment.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Did you get evicted from your condo 3 Olives and have now been reduced to living in a glorified shed?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Lol tiny houses are so 2010 lol you out of the loop rich fag

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
They seem sturdier than most american houses :shrug:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

The Taint Reaper posted:

Did you get evicted from your condo 3 Olives and have now been reduced to living in a glorified shed?

I'm building a tiny house inside of my condo so that I will have three houses.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Three Olives posted:

I'm building a tiny house inside of my condo so that I will have three houses.

Goddamn what are you russian?

naem
May 29, 2011

Hector Beerlioz posted:

They are smaller, but nicer than my apartment.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i live in your bathroom. when you use the bathroom i hide, but i'm there and will come back out once you leave. i find this to be very sustainable and efficient use of space.

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme
Trailers for hipsters.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
dehumanize yourself and face to class struggle

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
I want to see what these things look like in 10 years.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Do they mention how much (little) insulation there is? This is going to be a problem everywhere except really temperate areas.

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008

Three-Phase posted:

Do they mention how much (little) insulation there is? This is going to be a problem everywhere except really temperate areas.

I was considering this as well. gently caress that poo poo. aside from the obvious claustrophobia.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Someone in another thread that people living in mobile homes can have extremely high heating/cooling bills because the insulation is so poor. There's also a disadvantage that there's an air gap between the floor and the ground itself, and the volume to surface area ratio for a small mobile home is going to be a lot larger than, say, an average two-story home.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

congrats now you can die in a house fire instantaneously.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The show is great when one half of the couple obviously wants no part of a tiny house.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

those would be great to lug around to a state park rv park, and you'd look pretty innovative like steve jobs

or just live in a trailer park like a lot of folks do for $49,000.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
I built a tiny house within a tiny house within a tiny house and now there's 5 versions of me running around and I don't know wtf is even happening anymore

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
They only lease these things out for a week since everyone who gets one kills themselves pretty quickly.

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
I'd rather just live in a van

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Enos Cabell posted:

The show is great when one half of the couple obviously wants no part of a tiny house.

I've only seen one episode but one couple was buying a straight up single wide trailer house and another couple was living in one of their parents place and buying a $20,000 "Tiny House" to move in to Dad's backyard and daughter's dad was like passively aggressively like no just keep living in my house you loser son-in-law, I don't want your loving tiny house in my backyard.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That's bigger than some Flats you get in London that cost £300k.

SD87
Jun 7, 2011

I am Toni Lippi posted:

I'd rather just live in a van

Down by the river?

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
a lot of people buy those oversized storage sheds they sell in the home depot parking lot and convert them to houses

it's real popular among the nutbar prepper/rahowa enthusiast community

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate these. They give the impression that this is a real home. it's not. most of them don't even have toilets.

A house

gotta have

a place

to

poop

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
also shame on you if you own, an item

my elk head wouldn't even fit into some of these

the front 1/4 of an elk

that is dead

would not be comfortable in your loving tiny house. poverty isn't cute. jesus christ.

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lomy7xAVDKE

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

move dad's stuff out to the man cottage and get the basement back for storage.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Pick posted:

I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate these. They give the impression that this is a real home. it's not. most of them don't even have toilets.

A house

gotta have

a place

to

poop

chamber pot

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

Pick posted:

A house

gotta have

a place

to

poop

Home is where you're most comfortable pooping

naem
May 29, 2011

I had friends whose parents bought a big plot of land in Amish country, who would go spend the weekend camping out and doing outdoorsy activities all summer. They plunked a really janky old camper thing on it, I guess you could use one of these for that. I wouldn't spend $20k personally

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
we could fit one of those pieces of poo poo in our bedroom

eat it poors

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
oh wait 160 sq ft lol

can fit in our master bath

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
stop making threads you loving turd

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
to summarize the whole movement:

it is actually very cool, it's so effective that the government will probably make it illegal in all states to keep one on wheels to avoid having to pay them tons of money and stay on their grid

and most of the bad things about it come from idiot hippies who like the movement without actually having any survival or building skills, understanding of electricity or solar power, etc, and the contractors who now very successfully sell these things for a literal 300-400 percent mark up

but if you do it yourself or have contractor friends, are smart about the design, this is a really cool way to live after college if you're trapped in america, picked a fake major, and are not blessed through nepotism

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
idk op, this "tiny house" thing seems to be aimed at rural hicks who reject the inherent superiority of urban life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
I'd rather we just go to war with China.

• Locked thread