Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I'm going to avoid putting future seasons in the position of a tie existing in Final Two again, so here was the protocol. Had there been a tie in the final two, whichever player won more Individual Immunity Challenges would have won. The backup in the event that number was tied, was the player who received less votes throughout the season would have won. Then, if there was a tie THERE, it would have gone to a Backwards QWOP Race. Murmur Twin and Winvirus both had two individual challenge wins apiece, but Murmur Twin received less votes than Winvirus throughout the season, and would have won on that merit, which would have felt like an absolute asterisk victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

minoru suzuki posted:

I'm going to avoid putting future seasons in the position of a tie existing in Final Two again, so here was the protocol. Had there been a tie in the final two, whichever player won more Individual Immunity Challenges would have won. The backup in the event that number was tied, was the player who received less votes throughout the season would have won. Then, if there was a tie THERE, it would have gone to a Backwards QWOP Race. Murmur Twin and Winvirus both had two individual challenge wins apiece, but Murmur Twin received less votes than Winvirus throughout the season, and would have won on that merit, which would have felt like an absolute asterisk victory.

We'd have declared it a joint Twinvirus victory for the recordbooks and then I'd challenge Winnie to a QWOP olympics for the prize fund :slick:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

winvirus posted:

Tremendous Taste, if I had been around that night, I never would've condoned that vote on you. It was heartbreaking to see you go, even though realistically, I guess you did have to go something, since you'd eventually roll up to be a huge jury threat.
winvirus, was this true or blowing smoke? Because if it's true, it's pretty bad that someone got voted out because you were AWOL. When I said I was undecided, it was true, but I was leaning Murmur Twin based on that and another small thing. Her answer to my question wasn't better than yours but I liked her FTC performance more overall.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

For those who have been dying to know what the viewers have been posting, and who wants to read those dirty confessionals, have at it

Viewer's Vista

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Now that I no longer need to talk up my game I can say that I feel like my confessionals are going to read like "Murmur's Slow Descent Into Madness"

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Good work MMT sorry I'm late.

If give you the keys and location of the winners circle as is tradition for the previous winner, but you know.

Good work Winvirus! You played well and this was absolutely a close win here. Idk if I could pick between the two of you!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

minoru suzuki posted:

fast luck literally thinks meinberg has masterminded this whole game and winvirus and mmt have floated to the end
i wanna know what drugs he's got cuz it must be some powerful rear end poo poo
Simple enough. Because I couldn't even conceive of Jake voting against me, since I thought we were 100% tight allies, and since Max said he didn't do it, it seemed like it had to be Meinberg. Which, Meinberg allying with Taste, would've been the biggest twist of all time. And if Meinberg hadn't pulled off an extreme ways move, he was a loyal ally, while Murmur and winvirus were basically strangers.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Oct 1, 2015

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
who won fan fave

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

curiousCat posted:

who won fan fave

Propaganda Machine will reveal that later tonight~!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm finishing up Week 1 confessionals at the moment and I love how much plotting was done in the time where two people who didn't show up were voted out. :allears:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

La'Beouf Tribe
Radium Tribe
Ralp Tribe

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm sorry to viewers/allies for basically checking out after catvote. I regret that.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm sorry to viewers/allies for basically checking out after catvote. I regret that.

so did most of them

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I just want you to know that you're all heroes in my book.

Except for Jake.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I love you meinberg

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I love you meinberg

Perhaps one day the cycle will turn round once again, and I will be able to once more assume the mantle of the hero. But that day is not this day.

I'll say this, our final five was full of awesome players who I fully believe all had a shot at, and had deserts of, victory.

Psychotic Puggle
May 21, 2012

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash!
Congrats to Murmur Twin!

And thanks to minoru suzuki for running another season. I can't imagine all the work that has to go into doing this.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hahahaha oh my goodness MMM/Asii's conversation about types of evil is the best!

Accurate too, I have to at least own it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Noice

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Murmur Twin posted:

Hahahaha oh my goodness MMM/Asii's conversation about types of evil is the best!

Accurate too, I have to at least own it.

I just read it too and just messaged you on FB yeah I died laughing at that

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Grats MMT!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Sorry guys! Tonight I have been out with MY GIRLFRIEND people, and I'm still out so unfortunately This will be a boring post. But I like you, so I don't want to keep you in suspense.

First off, congratulations to our very own Sandra, and the continuation of the streak!

Goondolences and congrats also to Ressel. Please somebody link the FFT vote for me.

I would try to create some suspense, but the Player of the Season vote wasn't even close.

The runner-up, with two votes, was Meinberg.

The only other player to receive more than one vote...

...and a bunch of them!...

...was...

CURIOUSCAT!!!!

Congratulations! People like you! :toot:

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
:tem: :tem: :tem:

Ya'll are sweet. Thank you! :shobon:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Congrats Cat! You're good people, and I highly recommend signing up for one of these things in the future. I think you'll do much better if you give it another go.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

curiousCat posted:

:tem: :tem: :tem:

Ya'll are sweet. Thank you! :shobon:

congrats! i was legit disgruntled when you were voted out. i liked your cat pictures, though.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Propaganda Machine posted:

Please somebody link the FFT vote for me.

Fine. :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-bSeT6KRQQ

This really needs to go into the OP for all future Awful Survivor sign-up threads.

Psychotic Puggle
May 21, 2012

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash!
Still the standard by which all Awful Survivor votes will be judged.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Congratulations, Cat! Say, what emote describes how you're feeling right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Fairly late but definitely well deserved congratulations to both MMT and Cat for their amazing performances.

• Locked thread