Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
futile
May 18, 2009
I got to level 42 in the alpha and this game was pretty fun mainly because of the combat. You pretty much fly around and do crazy kung fu poo poo and air combos and I was able to knock people on the ground then headbutt them or also give them the people's elbow. Characters were pretty cool, my guy had an afro and a sweet pink beard and bug eyes. There is a race that's like a squirrel or a skunk and it's loving tiny.

The leveling was generic questing dogshit and the translations and voice acting are worse than terrible. Leveling is completely loving mindless and easy except for maybe soloing some of the dungeons. If you actually 6-man the 6-man dungeons they are WAY too easy. Also there's a lot of annoying weeabos in chat who never stop talking about Aion and anime and Archeage and other korea poo poo so if you're in a bad place in your life you can come play this game and know that there's people who have it worse.

The combat is really fun though and is the only reason I'm still playing.

Also our version is way super far behind Korea and we are extremely content gated. Why do publishers always do this?

futile fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Oct 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

futile posted:

Also our version is way super far behind Korea and we are extremely content gated. Why do publishers always do this?

Its so we don't get a lot of useless content that we will never do because newer easier/better content is available. This at least makes sure they can milk our time for a few months before the next update. Repeat until we eventually catch up.

Also for those of us that didn't get into the alpha test, the next one this week will be available to everyone who purchased a founder pack before the 14th!

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

futile posted:

Actually we're pretty much up to date on balance/system changes (hence the availability of Gon FMs and Yun KFMs which happened like 3 months ago in Korea). Only thing they're actually holding off gameplay-wise is the Warlock class, they mentioned that will be out a little while after release. Guess they want some big hype thing to have after the release rush dies down.

We are pretty behind on story though and the level cap is lower for now but they can add that in pretty quickly.

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009

Jimbot posted:

Just a side-note on outfits, a lot of the women outfits have a lot of high-heels and wedges. So if that poo poo bothers you, like it does me, a lot of the outfits will irk the crap out of you. Luckily there are a few decent ones in there that are alright. Supposedly the North American release will have even more outfits.

It irks you that your pixels are wearing high heels instead of appropriately sturdy footwear?

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

pertinent posted:

It irks you that your pixels are wearing high heels instead of appropriately sturdy footwear?

To be fair, high heels are the worst loving footwear ever created. Ugly, hard to use, easy to break. gently caress em.

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009

Shadowlz posted:

To be fair, high heels are the worst loving footwear ever created. Ugly, hard to use, easy to break. gently caress em.

I think it's wonderful. Think about it. I can force my stick figure anime girlies in chainmail bikinis and high heels to walk through marshes, desert and mud, and get bloodied up as they murder people and beast alike in great amounts, all while I sit at home in my chair. It's everything a man could ever dream of no?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Play a lyn if you dont want high heels. Or thighs. Instead you always have their weird cat hind legs forever

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

cathead posted:

Actually we're pretty much up to date on balance/system changes (hence the availability of Gon FMs and Yun KFMs which happened like 3 months ago in Korea). Only thing they're actually holding off gameplay-wise is the Warlock class, they mentioned that will be out a little while after release. Guess they want some big hype thing to have after the release rush dies down.

We are pretty behind on story though and the level cap is lower for now but they can add that in pretty quickly.

warlock weapons are in as they were dropping for me, but the warlock class is not

ps: image googling this game is nws and nms, because if you scroll down too much, the bns nudity mods start popping up and the corresponding hyper creepy poo poo associated with people who make those mods

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Play a lyn if you dont want high heels. Or thighs. Instead you always have their weird cat hind legs forever

most ingame lyns ive seen were elin-thunder-thigh copies. at least you have more clothes this time though, because everything looks three sizes too large for your character

Lemon King posted:

I bought it but forgot to apply to my account. :smith:

i got into the tech alpha without applying any of my codes until afterwards

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Karistar posted:

Will there be a write-up on the different classes soon? Was planning on starting as a Lyn Blade Dancer, but I'm usually drawn to summoner-type classes (which is also a Lyn exclusive, the Summoner class), so I was wondering on which one to pick.
My preferred playstyles, if I can't just be your typical healer/buffer in a Holy Trinity, is to either be that human being who hides behind a pet while laughing at you, breaking that '1v1 honour' (which is being a Summoner), or that human being that spins everywhere in terms of how they fight and dodge (which is being a Blade Dancer), being really annoying to deal with.

blade dancer is a sword wizard that has the most annoying CCs in the game and good burst

summoner deals mostly DoT damage, and nobody in pvp will be attacking your cat pet considering the mobility/ranged capabilities of most classes in this game

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I noticed on the premium page that faster chi recovery is listed as a perk of being a premium member. Isn't that basically MP regen? Or is the faster recovery something that's mostly negligible in combat since it'll be replenishing in ways other than time most of the time? Same thing with windstride (which I'm guessing is the run fast thingy seen in the trailers/gameplay video).

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
They renamed chi the resource to focus for the localization. I believe chi recovery refers to meditating when you hit 0 HP to revive yourself, which is normally a 20 second cast.

Windstriding is basically fast travel, click on a hub you've visited before on the map and you teleport there.

Everyman fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Oct 14, 2015

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!

Velveteen posted:

Also for those of us that didn't get into the alpha test, the next one this week will be available to everyone who purchased a founder pack before the 14th!

Mind linking a source? Curious about the timing of this and all.

Edit: Thanks a bunch.

Dawnfire fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Oct 14, 2015

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Dawnfire posted:

Mind linking a source? Curious about the timing of this and all.

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/forums/index.php?/topic/138517-technical-alpha-weekend-1-ends/

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012

lewtt posted:

blade dancer is a sword wizard that has the most annoying CCs in the game and good burst

summoner deals mostly DoT damage, and nobody in pvp will be attacking your cat pet considering the mobility/ranged capabilities of most classes in this game

Sounds like I'll be sticking to Blade Dancer then.

Summoners are usually just a mage of some sort with a thing they summoned to magi-babble at so that they don't go insane in most MMOs, but I was hoping that B&S would make them a little more durable or at least make the pet annoying enough that it's always better to deal with it first.

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010
I played summoner and in PVP I actually had the most problem with people that would kill my cat first, if they ignore you can use it to set up some shenanigans. IDK how relevant this is against good players but it seemed true to me from what I did.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

pertinent posted:

Yes.

lewtt posted:

warlock weapons are in as they were dropping for me, but the warlock class is not

I wonder how long before the Warlock class is added to the game. They look really fun. Apparently they're overpowered as heck, though.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
Check your e-mails. Next beta weekend starts tomorrow at 10:00 AM PST, but you need to put in a new code on your NCSoft account page.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

lewtt posted:

i got into the tech alpha without applying any of my codes until afterwards
I just got my invite today, so its all good.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
There any mention if there's an NDA on this test? Curious if I can stream to some friends or not.

Edit: Cool beans, thanks for the answer.

Dawnfire fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 16, 2015

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Dawnfire posted:

There any mention if there's an NDA on this test? Curious if I can stream to some friends or not.

I'm reasonably sure the devs said in one of their streams that there was no such NDA for the previous tech alpha, so the same should apply to this weekend.

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?
So Red or Blue? :getin:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
So I'm a little interested in this game because a few of my friends mentioned they want to try it.

But my question is, do people really spend $125 on an F2P game that isn't out yet? :psyduck:

Who I am kidding, people bought lifetime subs to Hellgate London, of course they have.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Anatharon posted:

So I'm a little interested in this game because a few of my friends mentioned they want to try it.

But my question is, do people really spend $125 on an F2P game that isn't out yet? :psyduck:

Who I am kidding, people bought lifetime subs to Hellgate London, of course they have.

Have you visited the Star Citizen thread?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

gently caress, yeah. I can play this weekend.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I wonder if there will be enough goons playing this game at launch for a clan. The maximum people we can fit into one is only 80 so its quite small compared to other games.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

quote:

Getting into Technical Alpha 2

Everyone that has successfully purchased a Founder’s Pack by Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 5:00pm PDT will be allowed into Technical Alpha 2.

You should receive your Technical Alpha 2 code via email by Friday morning, October 16th, 2015.

-BnS page

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Anatharon posted:

I just want to point out that while normally founders packs for games that are literally not playable at all yet are definitely pretty sketchy, it's very easy to actually try BnS before it comes out over here, since there's multiple other regions without IP blocks that you can play on to try it. If you know that you're actually going to play AND spend money on BnS for at least 3 months, the Master pack is actually a ridiculously good value for the money, since you get like $90 worth of NCoin in addition to 3 months of premium, which is already pretty much the entire price right there, then you get a bunch of char slots/inventory expansions/character alteration vouchers (all of which also would cost cash shop money anyway), lv4 premium from the start, and an exclusive costume. Head start/beta is just icing on the cake. You're basically paying ahead for stuff you'll probably buy anyway and getting a ton of extra stuff with it. Whether that's worth it is up to you.

That being said if you're unsure about the game or don't see yourself spending money on it, I definitely would not recommend going ham on the master pack, but for people who have already played/enjoyed the game and are just waiting for it to actually come out over here so they can play with non-poo poo ping or whatever, there's actually a method to the madness of getting that kind of pack.

Damone
May 3, 2009

Anatharon posted:

I was willing to play the game with 300+ MS latency for an extended period of time, so I'm reasonably confident I'll at least get my investment out of this version of the game. I've played the game before and I liked it therefore I spend money on it.

I would not recommend doing the same for games you haven't played before, it's just a bad idea. That said, as cathead said; you get more than enough value out of this founder's pack if you plan on playing it for a while.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009

Velveteen posted:

I wonder if there will be enough goons playing this game at launch for a clan. The maximum people we can fit into one is only 80 so its quite small compared to other games.

I'll be starting a (probably red) clan for launch with some goon pals from other games. Thread isn't too active now since we haven't hit closed beta yet, but I'm sure that'll change. At least in my circle of friends I know a lot of people who tried a different region of the game at some point and are just waiting for launch now. Not too much to talk about until then unfortunately.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Probably best to play this on the US servers right? Less chance of NCSoft selling the rights to a lovely company like Gameforge or whatever I suppose.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!
Game is up

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Where's my key

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012

KyloWinter posted:

Where's my key

If you're using Gmail for your account, it might have turned up in the 'Promotions' folder. Or at least, it did for me.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
I must be in the you-don't-get-a-key-today pool.

e: just got it.

barkbell fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 16, 2015

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
Nexon just sold off all their NCsoft stock today. See how this effects anything.

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
Looks like you can still join a faction even if the UI tells you its full and not accepting more members.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
I wanna join the red nerds but it won't let me. Says full.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

KyloWinter posted:

I wanna join the red nerds but it won't let me. Says full.

Wait a bit, it will change.

edit: Yeah I got in right after typing this post :v:

Damone
May 3, 2009
Haha, there's a blue ganking party right outside the first town in the little pathway between it and the first town. I may or may not have partaken in said ganking. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Seems like it's the opposite of what was in the previous alpha. Everyone went blue.

• Locked thread