Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

extra stout posted:

does a religion lose credibility when it says that the page that says to kill all gays is from god, but the page that says they can't eat lobster is not from god?

no, just if you eat lobster you are going to a lake of fire next to the queers people need to read more into this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

They should just have tubes at the tables that dump out fried shrimp, people two-fisting mounds of shrimp down their gullets until they are bursting at the seams with shrimp, tears of cocktail sauce, unfastened belts, standing on the tables in triumphant stances proclaiming "I love shrimp!", children making shrimp Angels, tossing shrimp into the air with reckless abandon, parents watching it all and washing it down with a complimentary box of white wine.

This but unironically, like on some I Have A Dream poo poo, I have been to the mountaintop and I saw shrimp.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

extra stout posted:

does a religion lose credibility when it says that the page that says to kill all gays is from god, but the page that says they can't eat lobster is not from god?

The religion is consistent, it's the believers that are selectively applying it :eyepop:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bold Robot posted:

This but unironically, like on some I Have A Dream poo poo, I have been to the mountaintop and I saw shrimp.

Everything can't be all shrimp all the time. Get a grip.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
gently caress the people who fill up on the pasta based dishes during Endless Shrimp.

Remind me again why even brought you.

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010
All good things must come to an end. Maybe even Endless Shrimp?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

I need for shrimp

I scream for shrimp

The crispness calls to me. The limitless opportunities teases me. The yearning for shrimp is almost unbearable

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Applewhite posted:

Shrimp are going extinct, OP. HTH.

Red Lobster ruins everything.

They never should have done the Endless Bees promotion.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'm sure they're just stocking up on their white wine reserves first

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Thanks Obama!

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

all shrimp all the time.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i did an endless shrimp contest w/ the lads way back when and i ate 17 orders but i didn't win. i think i next shat like a week later

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

diabeetz posted:

gently caress the people who fill up on the pasta based dishes during Endless Shrimp.

for loving reals man

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

came to this thread praying you would show up

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

diabeetz posted:

Yeah my friend pulled that poo poo once

needless to say he didn't get an invite next year :colbert:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Cheddar bay isn't even a real place

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010
There is however a Cheddar Reservoir and even a Cheddar Gorge. Assuming google maps isn't lying to me and Cheddar is in fact a real place in the UK.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
ill have a spot of wendsleydale... lol

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Update from Cheddar Bay: I found myself here after a wrong turn in New England. Hurricane strength winds. I plan to take shelter immediately. I see a fleet destroyed. Dashed against the breakwater. There is movement on the the waterfront. Insectoid beings lining the beach. They move in hops and skips. They are growing in numbers and moving forward.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Glad to see that this thread isn't about something bad happening to most-horrifying-handle-owner unlimited shrimp.

Also, it surprises me that people willingly eat at Red Lobster. I haven't set foot in one since the 20th century.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Glad to see that this thread isn't about something bad happening to most-horrifying-handle-owner unlimited shrimp.

Also, it surprises me that people willingly eat at Red Lobster. I haven't set foot in one since the 20th century.

Yeah, same. I was kinda horrified when my girlfriend wanted to go there the other weekend and then I remembered she's lived almost her whole life in Arizona so it's not like she knows any better

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Uh, you can get fresh seafood in the middle of the country. Something I'm missing here? :shrug:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Uh, you can get fresh seafood in the middle of the country. Something I'm missing here? :shrug:

Thats kinda my point "Oh yeah, this is Arizona, there's really not a lot better you can do aside from some high end sushi places" is the logical end point to my thought process.

But I did get us some lobsters from https://www.lobstergram.com and made them the following week and we enjoyed them on the porch during sunset. It was very romantic and she appreciated my effort in obtaining and preparing the meal :)

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Booblord Zagats posted:

Thats kinda my point "Oh yeah, this is Arizona, there's really not a lot better you can do aside from some high end sushi places" is the logical end point to my thought process.

But I did get us some lobsters from https://www.lobstergram.com and made them the following week and we enjoyed them on the porch during sunset. It was very romantic and she appreciated my effort in obtaining and preparing the meal :)

did u get head?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

extra stout posted:

no, because to lose credibility, you must first have credibility

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Ugh

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

angerbeet posted:

Cheddar bay isn't even a real place

cheddar bay is in the heart dude

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Update from Cheddar Bay: The storm has passed and I have survived the night. The village is empty and ramshackle and strange clicking noises come from far underground. I must find a way home.

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

King of Bees posted:

Update from Cheddar Bay: The storm has passed and I have survived the night. The village is empty and ramshackle and strange clicking noises come from far underground. I must find a way home.
> Go left

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

a suit filled with shrimp so it's a shrimp man but it will never replace her dead husband (died of the shrimp)

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

I walked left alone through deserted streets and boarded homes. Fallen trees branches line the way. There is a feeling of being watched and the clicking beneath my feet remains constant. I've come to the town square. The business are boarded except one that appears to be a general store. There is a note nailed to the door of the store.

>...

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Didn't the BP oil spill kill/taint like 80% of the shirmp supply in the world? I remember seeing that the day after the spill, then not another word. Presumably because BP paid tv networks a mint to keep quiet about it.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

according to their web site it's now crab fest

shrimp is out, crabs are in

get with the times.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

please respect shrimp.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Beware their attempts to fill you up on bullshit garbage food like biscuits and drinks. If you're going for endless shrimp you need to be on your game. Full-on Commander Data "I don't feel embarrassment and have no emotions of any type" game. A shrimp-eating computer. Like so:

Would you like some more biscuits?
No thank you, just more fried shrimp please.
How about another drink?
No I didn't even get a drink in the first place, just more fried shrimp please.
How about some of the seafood pasta?
No, just more fried shrimp please.
What about a free salad?
Could I get you a glass of water?
Is there anything in this restaurant I can offer you that will make you stop ordering more fried shrimp?
How about I run across the street to the Coach and Four and get you a steak?
I'll suck your dick.
OK that sounds nice but how about first I have some more fried shrimp.
How about some cheddar biscuits?
Did I mention you can get shrimp pasta? Think about how good that would be, so creamy and delicious.
Oh that is interesting and yet it isn't what I want, which is just more fried shrimp.
Mmm, mmm, mmm, have you tried our sweet tea? I'll be happy to bring you multiple gallons, for free even!
What about dessert? You can just have every cake we have in the back, literally every one. Just take them.
We can just call this thing even right now and you can walk away. You don't even have to pay for your meal.
... gently caress it FINE the shop is just losing money today I guess HEY EARL THIS GUY WANTS ANOTHER ORDER OF FRIED SHRIMP
Can you make it a double or triple, all this shutting down your attempts to stuff me with bullshit food is exhausting me and I need my energy reserves full for even more chewing and swallowing fried shrimp. Also hurry it up please, my DPS is going down pretty harshly due to your stalling tactics.

Simply repeat this 10x an hour and you're golden. As golden as a perfectly-fried fried shrimp.

If you wanna be SERIOUSLY pro, when you first go in put 3 $1 bills on the table and read this to the waitress:
"This... is your tip. Every time my plate lacks a fried shrimp I take a dollar away. I'm looking for shrimp three times and you're rear end-out, sweetheart."

(I have actually heard someone say this in a Chinese restaurant only it was $2 and he was talking about his drink)

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

King of Bees posted:

I walked left alone through deserted streets and boarded homes. Fallen trees branches line the way. There is a feeling of being watched and the clicking beneath my feet remains constant. I've come to the town square. The business are boarded except one that appears to be a general store. There is a note nailed to the door of the store.

>...

> EAT SHRIMP

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

There are no shrimp visible nearby nor in your inventory.

>....

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

King of Bees posted:

There are no shrimp visible nearby nor in your inventory.

>....

> EAT SHRIMP

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

JonathonSpectre posted:

If you wanna be SERIOUSLY pro, when you first go in put 3 $1 bills on the table and read this to the waitress:
"This... is your tip. Every time my plate lacks a fried shrimp I take a dollar away. I'm looking for shrimp three times and you're rear end-out, sweetheart."

(I have actually heard someone say this in a Chinese restaurant only it was $2 and he was talking about his drink)

if I was still waiting tables and someone did this I'd just forego the tip and give the table my minimum attention

I was a really bad front of house worker fwiw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Red Lobster is awful, if not having Endless Shrimp means not going in there for people it's doing them a favor.

• Locked thread