Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogcrash truther
Hey all. As recent events have demonstrated I think it's high time we need a place to consolidate all the different conversations we're having about wives here in BYOB, so this is my humble attempt to provide your one stop thread for all your wife needs.

What this thread is for

Do you have a wife? Are you a wife? Or just thinking about becoming one? Were you a wife but you aren't any longer? This is the thread for you! Feel free to swap wifing tips and tricks, like, how to get the most Pinterest followers, how to end a Pinterest feud, Netflix vs. Hulu and of course the age old question "How Do I Husband"? Whether you're new to being a wife, or you're an old pro, feel free to chime in. Please keep disagreements civil or, as we like to say here in BYOB, "Take It To Pinterest, Ladies!"

If you're a husband, your perspective on wives can be valuable, but, please remember that this is a wife-centered space. Keep your comments tightly focused.

What this thread is not for

Posting pictures of wifes whether sexy or gross, talking about how you wish you had a wife, asking for advice on how to get a wife [polygamy exception: if you are ALREADY a wife you may ask for advice on how to get more], etc. If you're interested in that, please see our FYAD sister thread. The Wife Majestic.

Most of all, stay positive

Here in the Wife thread we're all about that Wife Life! Sure, it has its challenges. But at the end of the day, there's nothing we'd rather be.

Thanks, and have fun. :)

dogcrash truther fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Aug 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogcrash truther
FAQ

What is a wife?

A wife is a girl, or lady, who is married. (in this thread for obvious reasons, we're going to stick to talking about married ladies, but in the interests of accuracy, the full definition).

Is there a right way to wife?

There is no right way to wife. That said, there are a number of tried-and-true Wife-Styles. Most Wifes do "hybrid wifing" involving different aspects of a number of styles. There are a smaller number of "Pure Wives" out there, but the growing trend in Wifing is Freestyle Wifing. Whether you go mainstream in your wifing, stick with tradition, or forge your own path, there's never been a more exciting time to be a wife.

What if I can't wife anymore?

Don't panic! Being a wife isn't for everybody. Some women need to take a temporary break, whereas others are starting to discover that being a wife is just not right for them. That's okay. Here in the Wife Megathread, we support you wherever you are in your Wife Journey. Some of the regulars will undoubtedly have valuable resources for you to consider as you decide the age old question: To Wife, or Not To Wife.

This FAQ is a work in progress. Feel free to suggest questions and/or write answers. Thanks. The management.

dogcrash truther fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Aug 28, 2015

Big Mackson
How is pinterest making a difference for wifes and how have it changed the dynamics of the modern household? I am asking because i am studying for a degree in Gender & Marriage.

Miss Psychosis

Hey boys.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i have a wife she enjoys knitting and not cooking

dogcrash truther

Bo-Pepper posted:

i have a wife she enjoys knitting and not cooking

I've noticed that modern wives are more likely to knit than to cook. Nowadays, men do the cooking. Used to be wife = cook, but now wife = etsy knitting side-business. I'm not even a husband so I guess I don't know very much about it, but I'd love for some wives to talk about whether they think this shift is occurring and if so, why.

Big Mackson

dogcrash truther posted:

I've noticed that modern wives are more likely to knit than to cook. Nowadays, men do the cooking. Used to be wife = cook, but now wife = etsy knitting side-business. I'm not even a husband so I guess I don't know very much about it, but I'd love for some wives to talk about whether they think this shift is occurring and if so, why.

I have met a lot of wifes and they are knitting a lot and also teaching knitting to other girls.

Lil Cunty

I'd like to know more about these wives that don't cook

ty crap

ty landy

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

modern women often rebel against cooking because they were raised with the trope that women must cook so gently caress that while men simply can cook if they like so they do

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

the next wave of feminism will be wives asserting their right to be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen

dogcrash truther

Lil Cunty posted:

I'd like to know more about these wives that don't cook

Cooking is a lot more fun and rewarding than cleaning, so when dudes decided to "step up" and "become equal partners," they co-opted the funnest "chore." That's what I hear, anyway.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

dogcrash truther posted:

Cooking is a lot more fun and rewarding than cleaning, so when dudes decided to "step up" and "become equal partners," they co-opted the funnest "chore." That's what I hear, anyway.

perhaps but the joke's on them when cooking most days drains most joy and interest from the activity

Lil Cunty

what year did this happen. I don't think we got that memo

ty crap

ty landy

Miss Psychosis

Whoever marries me gets an av cert, courtesy of FluffieDuckie.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

hello can we talk about waifus here?

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Miss Psychosis

Update: Whoever marries me will also receive a bacalou sig.

Ace of Baes

hi

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bwee
hey

PandaCookies

Delicious endangered confection!
My wife can cook really well. But lately she has not been cooking. =I She's lazy.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
im not a wife, but i like cooking

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
the problem lately is that i have no inspiration for cooking so ive just been heating sausages and pasta

Ace of Baes
i love my wife, deal with it

----------------

fuck. marry. t-rex

Miss Psychosis posted:

Whoever marries me gets an av cert, courtesy of FluffieDuckie.

Miss Psychosis posted:

:eyepop:

Miss Psychosis

Wife Stats of Miss Psychosis:

Professional with a career of over 5 years.
Currently leases a very comfortable apartment in a nice city.
Can cook, and does often.

Height: Redacted
Weight: Redacted
Build: Redacted
Deadlift: Redacted

Dislikes: BYOB.

Wearing: Clothes with a band on them. My coworker commented today that it was a nice shirt, but wasn't appropriate because there was a meeting later. It's past lunch so I can't go home to change.

Dowry: An iPhone 5.

bacalou

Miss Psychosis posted:

i don't think this is how dowry works...

fuck. marry. t-rex

I'm seeing a slot machine with every reel hitting "win" right now

Senior Management

are dowries still a thing? Also I am neither a wife nor do I have a wife. I am a guy so I guess I am disqualified. Feeling a little unwelcome and discriminated against here.

:jerry:

Lil Cunty

wife hack: if you cook a meal and your husband doesn't care for it, remember that meal. anytime you feel like going to a restaurant say "God I'm craving [that meal you hate]" or "huh it looks like we only have ingredients for [that meal you hate]" but then you say "oh or I suppose we could grab some Chinese food" and you don't have to make dinner that night

ty crap

ty landy

bacalou

i can't afford this im going to have to be miss psychosis's wingman and ward off all potential suitors

bacalou

"wow, you must really like her. friendzoned?"

'no I just really don't want to draw.'

"wh-"

Senior Management

I am very talented at video games and clearly turbo smart. Why don't I have a wife? I can't imagine any sort of flaw possibly overtaking these impressive qualities.

fuck. marry. t-rex

Vynar posted:

are dowries still a thing? Also I am neither a wife nor do I have a wife. I am a guy so I guess I am disqualified. Feeling a little unwelcome and discriminated against here.

I think it's still pretty common for the brides family to pay for or assist with the wedding costs

bog pixie

Is this where I can get married

Senior Management

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

I think it's still pretty common for the brides family to pay for or assist with the wedding costs

Wedding's are very expensive. Is it socially acceptable to rent out the lobby of a Taco Bell for one?

Lil Cunty

wife tip: if you are very busy with work and make a casserole three nights in a row and your husband jokingly says "casserole again?" you can throw the casserole on the floor and stomp on it with your feet until it is completely inedible and then say "YOURE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT HONEY, gently caress CASSEROLE, WHAT THE HELL WAS I EVEN THINKING" and then collapse on the floor in a pile of tears and hormones and then you get to order pizza

ty crap

ty landy

fuck. marry. t-rex

Vynar posted:

Wedding's are very expensive. Is it socially acceptable to rent out the lobby of a Taco Bell for one?

Nothing is keeping you from the elopement of your dreams, except for your wife's dreams

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
*squints off into the distance on a rocky cliff* i'm married to the sea... that shipwreck over yonder, that's where we got married. a squid married us, my wife threw some seaweed on shore and now the beach will be next to get married. she's still as beautiful as the day we met.

----------------

fuck. marry. t-rex

Lil Cunty posted:

wife tip: if you are very busy with work and make a casserole three nights in a row and your husband jokingly says "casserole again?" you can throw the casserole on the floor and stomp on it with your feet until it is completely inedible and then say "YOURE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT HONEY, gently caress CASSEROLE, WHAT THE HELL WAS I EVEN THINKING" and then collapse on the floor in a pile of tears and hormones and then you get to order pizza

Megatip: skip the 3 casseroles straight to the final stage

Lil Cunty

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Megatip: skip the 3 casseroles straight to the final stage

*crashing, stomping and screaming from upstairs*

me: sounds like pizza night at the millers again

ty crap

ty landy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogdisaster

by Lowtax
is this thread for engaged folks too? i'm trying to min/max my build before full-on marriage

----------------

• Locked thread