Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
we dont have as many people shooting each other as we once did and maybe america can learn a lesson from that? i dunno. im not going to post any studies because im one of those lazy idiots who just reposts things he saw on facebook, but maybe give it a shot, yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

they've got kangaroos there

e: also koalas???? can someone confirm

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

they've got kangaroos there

e: also koalas???? can someone confirm

You're thinking of Pandas.

az
Dec 2, 2005

oh god a gun thread thanks for tryggering me you diumb rear end in a top hat i cant even belive you would do that!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
yeah but now the kangaroos are in charge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MY5LmRXoeM

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

if i remember correctly the murder rate either remained steady or only decreased a tiny bit after the aussie gun ban

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Applewhite posted:

You're thinking of Pandas.

drat, you're right. hosed up to think about

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Ghost Head posted:

we dont have as many people shooting each other as we once did and maybe america can learn a lesson from that? i dunno. im not going to post any studies because im one of those lazy idiots who just reposts things he saw on facebook, but maybe give it a shot, yeah?

lol if you think america can learn any lesson at all, ever.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Ghost Head posted:

but maybe give it a shot

I think America has done that enough already

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Chinatown posted:

yeah but now the kangaroos are in charge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MY5LmRXoeM

literally just about to say that now these fuckers are in charge

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

suck my cock op

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010
But didn't Australia already kick out all the natives and colored people? How does that factor into all of this bullshit?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Crimson Harvest posted:

lol if you think america can learn any lesson at all, ever.

we learned how to make flying death robots

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

symbolic posted:

suck my cock op
lol @ 300 murders per year on an entire continent.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

you just do not understand the unique cultural heritage of the american people, please refrain from hurting the feelings of our great nation

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
everyone should immediatley shoot themselves. thanks, your pal, enfiled

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
The founding fathers wanted us to have guns. It is a freedom we have. It is against the bill of rights to take guns away. Everyone should have a gun, imo.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

symbolic posted:

suck my cock op

listen, you might have a point, but i wont be sucking any cocks. I dont know how you guys argue in america, but we try to be civilised down here

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

symbolic posted:

suck my cock op

for comparison

in conclusion: go gently caress yourselves, australia

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
America doesn't learn anything and Australia doesn't either, both of our nations just blunder from one event to another in their respective histories like the fat stupid trailer trash that both of our nations are primarily composed of.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
australians are stupid loving idiots though

americans arent lol i cant even finish that haha

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Sheep-Goats posted:

America doesn't learn anything and Australia doesn't either, both of our nations just blunder from one event to another in their respective histories like the fat stupid trailer trash that both of our nations are primarily composed of.

speak for yourself, trash person

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010
That sounds like every nation ever though?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ghost Head posted:

listen, you might have a point, but i wont be sucking any cocks. I dont know how you guys argue in america, but we try to be civilised down here
usually it's one of two ways

same race = civilized discussion, might get a bit heated with shouting but all friends in the end

different races = hate crime

sean price
Sep 30, 2011

by Lowtax
Australia and America are the same country with the same issues, same prison gangs, same street gangs, same rednecks and same demographics so we should definitely do the exact same thing as them to get the same result, yes.

sean price
Sep 30, 2011

by Lowtax
lmao oh this thread title isn't even true

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

for comparison

in conclusion: go gently caress yourselves, australia

Y axis on this chart is in percentage.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

symbolic posted:

usually it's one of two ways

same race = civilized discussion, might get a bit heated with shouting but all friends in the end

different races = hate crime

ah yeah i see. anyway when was the last time a bunch of kindergarten kids were shot to death in your country? i just want to compare stats

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i hope they ban guns just so i can see the aftermath of the government raiding 50% of the homes in the USA with a certain percentage of those people refusing to comply to the level of firing back at the police. sounds amazing to me

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010
The problem is that the majority of us here in America have the mentality of children. If you tell us not to do something, we just want to do it even more. That's what happened with Prohibition from what I think I heard somewhere.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
first they came for my platinum acct and i said nothing

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Aphrodite posted:

Y axis on this chart is in percentage.

it still shows a significant falloff across the board, nationwide, with the exception of native americans, for some reason :confused:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

it still shows a significant falloff across the board, nationwide, with the exception of native americans, for some reason :confused:

Gotta murder someone.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ghost Head posted:

ah yeah i see. anyway when was the last time a bunch of kindergarten kids were shot to death in your country? i just want to compare stats
that would be sandy hook and it was sad i guess

i dunno, i was 15 and heard it on the car radio. it was jsut kind of like "oh, okay, people died again."

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
white people have to give up their guns to save the blacks

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

white people have to give up their guns to save the blacks

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

symbolic posted:

that would be sandy hook and it was sad i guess

i dunno, i was 15 and heard it on the car radio. it was jsut kind of like "oh, okay, people died again."

yeah for real it must be kind of like "oh not this again, LOL!"

WobblySausage
Nov 7, 2014

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

firewater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

coldplay chiptunes posted:

lol @ 300 murders per year on an entire continent.
My city alone had 460 murders last year.

• Locked thread