Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
i was just there for several days. it's small, the buildings look like big orange blocky feet, that shiny rear end church is a loving nightmare to look at, people are either hicks to the extreme or loving douchecanoe yuppies obsessed with working out, the bars were boring and awful, it's easier to find free parking in chi-town than in that loving place (chicago goons know that this is impossible), and it was not exempt from the usual "people suck at driving" problem. gently caress iowa, jastiger is a LIAR

the only good thing was the band I was there to see and the stage at the bar was too small for them to do their full stage performance. gently caress YOU AND YOUR CORN IOWA, YOU'RE NO BETTER THAN NEBRASKA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

you're the guy who went there, for some reason. it's your fault you dingus.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

jastinger honeypot

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
didja try the iowa chop

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

Toadvine posted:

didja try the iowa chop

the only food place any local mentioned was zombie burger and im a vegetarian :smith:

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
iowa sucks dick! i like where i live, which is a gopher hole

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

gently caress the midwest imo

like poo poo when you are being compared to nebraska you're hosed up

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
good job, OP

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i live there with my gopher friends

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Enfield posted:

i live there with my gopher friends

i was gonna ask you a question about that, so do you guys like see in the dark or what?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
that would be a good power

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

dad gay. so what posted:

i was gonna ask you a question about that, so do you guys like see in the dark or what?

no but we have incredibly sensitive whiskeres

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I'd kill myself if I lived there. West Coast bad boi representing

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Enfield posted:

no but we have incredibly sensitive whiskeres

ahhh. makes sense. i would like to talk to you and your friends about a superhero team im kicking around.. maybe after winter?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
whenever

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

dad gay. so what posted:

ahhh. makes sense. i would like to talk to you and your friends about a superhero team im kicking around.. maybe after winter?

ok. winter is usually when we hibernate anyway

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
the midwest is extremely "meh" all over, the small towns on the middle of nowhere are pretty much all identical, the only difference is the big cities, and if there's not anything interesting besides "shiny loving church" and "uninteresting bars with stages too small for gwar to give full performance" then gently caress, im happy in chi-chi-town. even milwaukee is at least interesting, even if i fear being raped while waiting in line for the eagles club to open up. i can look at the ambassador hotel and think fondly upon dahmer. iowa? NOTHING

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Enfield posted:

ok. winter is usually when we hibernate anyway

well, thats what i was thinking. i didnt want to interupt if you gauys were foraging and poo poo. ill fax you the deets.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

i was just there for several days. it's small, the buildings look like big orange blocky feet, that shiny rear end church is a loving nightmare to look at, people are either hicks to the extreme or loving douchecanoe yuppies obsessed with working out, the bars were boring and awful, it's easier to find free parking in chi-town than in that loving place (chicago goons know that this is impossible), and it was not exempt from the usual "people suck at driving" problem. gently caress iowa, jastiger is a LIAR

the only good thing was the band I was there to see and the stage at the bar was too small for them to do their full stage performance. gently caress YOU AND YOUR CORN IOWA, YOU'RE NO BETTER THAN NEBRASKA

whoa whoa hold the gently caress up

the only part of nebraska that even matters and is cool is a tiny sliver of it along the missouri river and it is still a hundred times cooler than iowa

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
The smallest city I've ever lived in had a population of 998k, what the gently caress is it like living in such a podunk state?

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

Nooner posted:

The smallest city I've ever lived in had a population of 998k, what the gently caress is it like living in such a podunk state?

jastiger made that entire stupid thread about how boring it is, ask him

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Des Moines has a very delicate ecosystem

Cant come pushing your way in like some homoerotic chipotle spiced mega turd

Remember there is cult in cross cultural next time slappy dick

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Nooner posted:

dude why did u say 998k instead of a million

do u like trains

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
how can i trust the opinion of someone who doesnt like meat?

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

ButteCysts posted:

how can i trust the opinion of someone who doesnt like meat?

the point is that in any city there should be more than 1 place off-hand nearby that's local and unique. if I had been hungry i might have gone there anyway and been that lameass that asks for just some fries or whatever, but my friend would've been able to tell me if the burgers were good.

one of the opening bands even publicly announced they didn't go to zombie burger because they didn't want to feel like poo poo while on stage :colbert:

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.
yeah but relay

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
jastiger infuriation engine -- ENGAGE

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Why do people in iowa seem so impressed by a gimmick burger shack?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
What the gently caress is this?

The gently caress is going on?

gently caress you all.

All Ya'll, go gently caress yourselves.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

Hobohemian posted:

Why do people in iowa seem so impressed by a gimmick burger shack?

chi-town has a butt load of amazing unique food joints, even the gimicky ones are fuggin great, but jean and judes outside chi-town has the best fries I've ever had, legit. i didn't see the need to waste money on not-good potatoes

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Lol flyover state.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Paging Jastiger.

Because OP is right. I know a bunch of people from Iowa who have migrated north because Iowa is a stupid state.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
:siren: NEWSFLASH: IOWA IS A loving SHITHOLE :siren:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

saying chi-town instead of "brutally corrupt midwest wasteland that avoided the rust belt through sheer incompetence and luck" is pretty clever imho. it really hides the fact that chicago is a brutally corrupt midwesterb wasteland

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Zombie burger is gently caress awful.

801 Steakhouse is loving heaven on a plate.

El Bait Shop is cool.

I don't know much else, but gently caress it.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

saying chi-town instead of "brutally corrupt midwest wasteland that avoided the rust belt through sheer incompetence and luck" is pretty clever imho. it really hides the fact that chicago is a brutally corrupt midwesterb wasteland

WELCOME TO CHI-TOWN, HOME OF THE BLAGO AND CAPONE BUSINESS MODELS LIKE NEW YARK BUT SOMEHOW loving BLACKER, WERE STILL BETTER THAN MOST OF THE MIDWEST HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
gently caress you rahm emanuel. gently caress iowa harder tho

Business Octopus
Jun 27, 2005

Me IRL
You used the word douchecanoe OP... I was pretty certain that Iowa sucked but now I'm not certain

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
in before jastiger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

thrre is also lots of KoRn

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread