Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
xposting:

Unormal posted:

*Fixed an issue in autowalk/explore that was causing one extra step to happen on sighting an enemy at the edge of vision/light (including jilted lovers)
*Enemy misses will now stop an autowalk or wait

yes! yes!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Unormal posted:

*You can now save, share, and import character builds!
-When you create a new character, you can name and save the build to your build library. You can also copy the build code to your clipboard or tweet it.
-From the character build library, you can pick a saved build to play, rename a build, type in a build code, paste in a build code, or tweet about a build. The build library is accessible from the character creation screen.
*Turrets now have a 1-turn warmup sequence before they start firing
*Shank no longer raises the penetration cap of short blades by 1
*Torches now display a description of their condition rather than a precise count of remaining turns (What??? You thought you were some sort of optics savant?!)
*Added an overlay message log that spans the bottom of the screen. It's more readable than the sidebar message log. We'll be improving it, too.
*Added a new UI option "Show overlay message log" under User Interface. It's disabled by default.
*Improved the UI for storing things in containers
*Saved games on the save management screen are now sorted by age
*Improved the performance of the Golgotha level builder

verry nice.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
how much further do you think you have to go on your first pass through the stilt? almost done, barely started...?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Unormal posted:

...also I guess we're in Popular Mechanic's Top 10 RPGs of 2015: http://www.popularmechanics.com/culture/gaming/g2339/best-rpgs-2015/

Wow, congrats! That seems good - I think people still read Popular Mechanics?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Nice to see it's getting some light reading in.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Clever Spambot posted:

Is Argyve taking an endless number of artifacts from me and never advancing to the quest where i collect wire for him a deliberate change? I feel like i am being conned.

I'm guessing it was this bug, fwiw.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

dis astranagant posted:

In the current context I'd like more making boring things cool and cool things cooler. I'd much rather be invested in making one of a kind items than mass producing a bunch of mediocre items to turn into turrets. There's a screenshot buried in here somewhere with a weapon with 4 and 5 stacks of several mods and I want to make that or something weird and game changing like converting a flamer into a high pressure, armor-eating acid sprayer.

This seems good to me.

Would grenades still be tinkerable, in this world of Cool Tinkering?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Roobanguy posted:

you can turn off dying in the options.

not a super inspiring answer

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
i believe the recommendation is "don't play true kin while trying to learn the game, since they're bad"

shell man with axes & freezing hands is a classic pro build, probably.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
i think that'd be very nice, yeah. are there explosives with variable explosion radii? that'd make things trickier

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
megane, the tiles king.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Unormal posted:

• Player names are now trimmed of whitespace. This means typing 'space' and pressing 'Enter' while naming your character now gives your character a random name.

I love random player names & fully support this feature.

quote:

• Updated the copyright date.

Just in time!

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Unormal posted:

Random each game, and they start hidden, you'll reveal them as you uncover that game's history by investigating shrines to the sultans of qud/etc, or by just stumbling across them during exploration. There will be a guaranteed shrine in Joppa that will reveal a nearby historical location that's a viable first dungeon for character, so people bored with the early-game set quests can just do a totally random dungeon to open the game.

Hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Pumpkinreaper posted:

So, I got Sproggiwood during the steam sale and enjoyed it (though it felt like it was lacking a little in content and the village building aspect felt pointless...)

They'd initially planned for the village-building to be much more involved, but it was cut for scope reasons. :rip: