Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i bought a 2015 Mazda a few months ago it was only like $22k or so

was just tired of dealing with mechanics and break downs all the time

rabble rabble posted:

I've only got what, like 5 cars left i'm gonna own until i die/don't give a poo poo anymore? may as well not drive around in a piece of poo poo

also this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

A very large percentage of brand new 2015 model year cars are included in my definition of "piece of poo poo," because new does not equal good and in fact is often vastly inferior. Especially when talking about American cars.

Mazdas are cool though. As long as you like rust!!

good thing i live in CA where it's 70-85 degrees and sunny 95% of the year

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mange Mite posted:

yeah a dealership would never cheat their customers

what as opposed to craigslist?

ashgromnies posted:

Jastiger with terrible advice once again.

I bought a 3-year old car with 30K miles and a clean title. Guess how much less it was than the same car, but new? $30K less. Interest rate? 1.7%

Buying a new car is dumb unless it's something like a Tesla that you can't really find used.

yeah but my new car had 2 miles on it when I took it off the lot it was p dope and I had it paid off in a month because loans are for scrubs.

idk why people have to get all upset about it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ashgromnies posted:

then what's this poo poo about them having a lifetime warranty and breaking the consumer reports satisfaction scale?

i would absolutely buy a used tesla but our state govt is in the bed with the big three and dealerships and fighting hard to keep them out. they're illegal to buy new here so there are very few on the roads.

lol im so glad i don't live in some shitbird state like this

why are they illegal to buy new? what could possibly be the logic there or did they just straight go 'well we want to stifle competition' in the bill?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if you're so broke you're worried about the difference between a new car at around $22k and a same model but older and used one that is $15k or whatever odds are you aren't becoming rich anyway

• Locked thread