Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Snatch Duster posted:

Basically only NEETs and literal human garbage don't buy new cars. Driving to Porsche dealer to get waifu a new Cayenne.

Check you later losers. Have fun posting about cucks and whatnot.

Dude in my bldg just bought a new Macan S and I rode in it yesterday. It was pretty nice, possibly more fun than the Cayenne which is kidn of fat. Ill ask him if i can try it out next time and let you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Snatch Duster posted:

Noice. I like the Macan but the bitch loves her some Cayenne.

oh also it has color matched wheels which is either cool or dumb and gaudy as hell, i can't decide which

like the entire wheel is the same bright blue color as the car. it's weird

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Ran Mad Dog posted:

Why would buying from dealerships be a crapshoot? I would think it would be miles ahead of cragslist at least.

yeah a dealership would never cheat their customers

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ColoradoCleric posted:

Just bought a 2016 subaru forester turbo, good or bad idea?

depends. are you poor?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ashgromnies posted:

Jastiger with terrible advice once again.

I bought a 3-year old car with 30K miles and a clean title. Guess how much less it was than the same car, but new? $30K less. Interest rate? 1.7%

Buying a new car is dumb unless it's something like a Tesla that you can't really find used.

Actually there's buckets of used Teslas around because a ton of people traded up when the AWD models came out. It's actually becoming a problem because the kind of people who buy teslas arent the kind who buy used cars

PS teslas aren't that great. the build quality is bad and the ergonomics are annoying. ill probably sell mine soon

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

A misanthrope posted:

is there a 4-wheel drive vehicle that lasts as long as a camry or corolla? i need 4-wheel for my job

what job is that

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
also modern toyotas, in addition to being ugly as hell, are pretty unimpressive

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

pre-2000 jeep cherokee is what you want. Little chrysler issues like the front speakers not working will crop up but the drivetrain is dead reliable and they will go to 300k+ with just routine maintenance.

you could also try to find a rav4, or an older 4wd corolla or tercel, but they are gonna be more money and the old tercels are slooooow. Plus nothing beats actual 4x4 in deep snow.

those old cherokees are great looking cars

apparently the amc straight 6 engine is so solid that after they stopped making them they shipped all the tooling to china and are still in production there. the cherokee too, actually

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Aug 31, 2015

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Booblord Zagats posted:

Girlfriend might be buying a new Fiat 500L this weekend and she's pretty pumped about it

isnt that car basically a yugo. as in literally made in the factory that used to make yugos

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Decrepus posted:

Are Toyota trucks supposed to look like little kids toys?

it's better than the alternative:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ashgromnies posted:

then what's this poo poo about them having a lifetime warranty and breaking the consumer reports satisfaction scale?

i would absolutely buy a used tesla but our state govt is in the bed with the big three and dealerships and fighting hard to keep them out. they're illegal to buy new here so there are very few on the roads.

i know a friedn who also bought one and had to bring his in for service constantly. the giant touch screen used to crash and stop working. the stupid motorized door handles kept breaking too.

try driving one and youll see, they're actually not that great if youre used to cars in that price range

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Decrepus posted:

Holky gently caress.

Hay guys buy a toyota

or if you can afford it and want understated luxury, a lexus

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Shirley Crabtree posted:

Actually who buys a car at all? That's right, someone that doesn't have respect for mother earth. Maybe it's time you started giving a poo poo about your carbon footprint and walked/cycled/skateboarded etc.

*rolls coal on u*

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

my next vehicle is gonna be a good redneck truck

what's a good kind to bye?

Jeep comanche

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Monkey Fracas posted:

thinking maybe I should get my hands on some 4x4 shitbox for the winter around here

my car really sucks in snow

Have you tried snow tires

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Monkey Fracas posted:

guess I could get some of those cheap steelie rims and put tires on them

is it like a marginal improvement or major

Significant. Better than awd id say since they help you turn and stop, and not just when accelerating

• Locked thread