Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Orkin Mang posted:

whats everyones favorite dfw footnote?

his epitaph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

imagine a guy who tries all his life to be the new thomas pynchon, but fails because the real thomas pynchon won't let him

that's dallas fort wallace

im imagining that, and what im picturing is a homo who lacks wisdom. i dont think history will remember him.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Frostwerks posted:

his epitaph

i was going to make this post after a few replies, but it looks like you beat me to it. anyway, ive heard that dfw fans are better at skim reading than most people, and are boring to hang around. i dont know if theres a link.

naem
May 29, 2011

Jason Segal got drunk and made a pass at a coworker and got her number and drunk texted her inappropriately for a week true story

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

king salmon posted:

was david wallace a communist

He liked to play tennis.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i dont know if dfw was just a boring writer like me, or if he was more trying to destroy christendom, like satan.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
this sounds like it is going to be a typical oscar bait biopic with a comedic actor attempting to take a serious turn into drama.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Simstim posted:

this sounds like it is going to be a typical oscar bait biopic with a comedic actor attempting to take a serious turn into drama.

yeah but it might be the first one where the main character doesnt come out the closet but goes into one and stays there. im interested to see it.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Simstim posted:

When was Jason Segal funny?

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Orkin Mang posted:

yeah but it might be the first one where the main character doesnt come out the closet but goes into one and stays there. im interested to see it.

I'll see it too eventually, these movies almost always get picked up by premium cable channels. I watched the fifth estate yesterday and it was really bad.

Bip Roberts posted:

When was Jason Segal funny?

I think segal has had his cock out in two movies so far trying to be funny.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
should've gotten steven seagal instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

So this guy is the literary equivalent of a one-hit wonder band from 1996, cool. Probably needed a biopic.

• Locked thread