Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Les Affaires posted:

Is there a news link for this?

https://www.goatse.cx

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/help-me-find-him-pregnant-french-tourist-seeks-sunshine-coast-lover-20150901-gjcel1.html

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Graic Gabtar posted:

Any Goons from the Brisbane area have something they need to get off their chest?

I'm gay.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Kommando posted:

I thought some here might like to see this. Its not exactly Auspol, but it gives some insight into how far IS has spread, but what that means, and how its affected the demograph of the region.

Man how many nukes would this require?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/is-labor-running-dead-in-canning-to-protect-tony-abbott-20150901-gjd1m5.html

hahahahahahah

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

National shearing champion called in by RSPCA to help overgrown sheep
A national shearing champion has been called in by the RSPCA to shear a heavily overgrown sheep found near Canberra today.

The animal was found and rescued by RSPCA staff after it was reported by a member of the public.

But it is so woolly its life is at risk, as sheep can develop serious medical conditions if they are not regularly shorn.

That prompted calls from the RSPCA for shearers to come forward, and this afternoon four time Australian Shearing Championship winner Ian Elkins put his hand up for the job.

Mr Elkins is based in Canberra and will shear the sheep tomorrow morning.

"Ian Elkins was in touch with us just recently, and apparently he has won 110 open shearing competitions, so I think we have our man," RSPCA chief Tammy Ven Dange said.

Originally the RSPCA wanted to shear the animal today, so they could see if the sheep was injured under its fleece.

"It'd be great to get someone here immediately so we can assess any serious medical conditions he might have as a result of this," Ms Ven Dange said.

"It can actually make it impossible for them to go to the bathroom ... we don't know how bad the damage could be because this has been building for a while.

"There are so many things that could go wrong with this, we won't know though until we can properly shear him."

Ms Ven Dange said while finding a shearer was good news, the sheep was not out of the woods yet.

"He has obviously not been around people in a very long time, and it's probably going to take a couple of goes before we get it all off him," she said.

"He could go into shock during the shearing process tomorrow so we're going to sedate him to try and take some of that pressure off him."

She said sheep were often found not shorn because they had lost their herds, but there was the chance the animal had been neglected.

"If it was done deliberately, yes, it would be a cruelty case, but in many cases it's not, sometimes it's just a lost sheep, literally," she said.

One runaway Tasmanian sheep, known as Shaun, lived in the wild for six years and was found with fleece that weighed more than 20 kilograms.

The RSPCA said it was not clear how long the sheep it found today had gone without being shorn.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-02/woolly-sheep-found-near-canberra-rspca-needs-shearer/6743370

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Sep 2, 2015

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

ASIC v Danny Bro posted:

He's clearly juicing, what does he take?

Anabaalic steroids

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Negligent posted:

How can a Prime Minister be judged to have governed competently when his or her Party colleagues thought he or she should be replaced, and actually did replace him or her?

Is this a trick question?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-03/wool-world-record-set-after-42kg-fleece-shorn-off-canberra-sheep/6746200?section=act

They sheared the big sheep.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Chris the Sheep will be available for interviews on monday, the pink stain is antiseptic spray.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

The National Medical and Health Research Council, which last examined the issue in 2007, is half way through a review of the benefits of fluoridation, as well as investigating any potential health effects. It is due to hand down its findings mid next year.

they did a review into homeopathy and wind turbine syndrome as well. I imagine there next one will be do antibiotics cure the common cold?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2015/s4305807.htm

So they interviewed Ice Cube and his son on the 7:30 report.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Deport Andrew Bolt back to Nazi Germany.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

how can we even have a border force we don't have a border

we have a coastline.

We consider the border not to be a purely physical barrier separating nation states, but a complex continuum stretching offshore and onshore, including the overseas, maritime, physical border and domestic dimensions of the border - border continuum diagram. To protect the safety, security and commercial interests of Australia, we are working with our partner agencies to develop intelligence-based profiles of risk across each dimension of the border continuum.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Border continuum was also the name of a Star Trek episode

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
She should have been deported for being a pom.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

:eyepop: No dogs on the street! That is one lie too far!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNtf_z8STLI It's like this but with mosques.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
After the lid was blown on systemic wage fraud known as the "half pay scam" across the 7-Eleven convenience store empire, a new more insidious scam has emerged known as the "cash scam".

It revolves around employees now receiving the correct award rate in their nominated bank accounts for the hours they have worked.
A new more insidious wage rort is sweeping the nation's biggest convenience chain.

They are then expected to pay part of it back to the franchisee in cash, away from the surveillance cameras that operate in most of the 620 stores.

If they refuse to play ball, they lose their job and are threatened with deportation. Their names become mud around the network.

According to one Sydney-based employee the cash is collected outside the store by a representative of the franchisee.

The employee said the payslip reflects a payment of $25 or more an hour, which is within the award rate, but the agreed amount between the employee and franchisee is a lesser sum.

The scam is sweeping the country, with numerous workers discussing variations on the "cash scam" theme.

For instance, a permanent resident might pay back a smaller amount than a worker on a student visa who is only allowed to work 20 hours a week under the visa conditions.

As one store manager says: "Imagine working for $12 an hour and being taxed for $20 an hour or more. I didn't think they could get more odious but I was wrong."

Pranay Alawala, a former 7-Eleven worker in Brisbane who recently confronted his boss to pay back more than $40,000 to himself and a few other workers, said he had been contacted by many workers who have got caught up in the "cash scam".

Text messages between a franchisee and a 7-Eleven employee from a Brisbane store leave no doubt that this new fraud is widespread.

The "half pay scam" morphed into its new abomination last month when head office became aware that ABC's Four Corners and Fairfax Media were investigating wage fraud and started trying to cover itself by cracking down on payroll compliance, including making sure franchisees had their bookwork "correct".

Between July and August head office audited 225 stores and found 69 per cent had payroll compliance issues including gross underpayment of staff, falsification of payroll records and in at least one case a franchisee holding the passport and drivers licence of an employee without their permission.

Consumer advocate Michael Fraser has been in contact with many workers and says the latest scam is evidence that 7-Eleven franchisees are highly organised from the top down and quickly adapt to anything interfering with their wage model.

"Now that they are expected to pay the correct wages – at least while the media is watching – they have had to adapt," he said.

He said he had been contacted by text, email and on the phone by concerned staff from every state that 7-Eleven operate in that are now having to pay back half of their wages. Mr Fraser is advising them to keep a personal diary at home with all hours worked, how much they were paid and how much they were told to pay back.

If there is any money withdrawn from an ATM, he is telling them to keep the receipt with the diary.

The new scam will be difficult to prove and could be an additional challenge for the independent panel that has been set up by 7-Eleven to investigate underpayment of wages.

The panel, headed by former ACCC chairman Allan Fels, a fierce critic of the 7-Eleven franchise model, will kick off this week.

Mr Fels hit the headlines a week ago when he said "the only way a franchisee can make a go of it in most cases is by underpaying wages, by illegal behaviour."

Workers are invited to come forward if they have been underpaid and the panel will assess their claims, but the success or otherwise of the panel will depend on whether they are given amnesty by the Abbott government and whether the onus is on the worker to prove their case, or the franchisee and 7-Eleven head office.

Remember, most of the payroll records and rosters have been falsified, other documents shredded and many workers have been getting paid in cash, which would make it almost impossible for most workers to prove their case.

That's assuming they get amnesty and can therefore come forward without the threat of deportation.

With the Abbott Government admitting it is "considering" an amnesty, here's hoping.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The Islamic extremists gave Robil Rabwa a choice: provide them with fresh fruit and vegetables or they’d kill his sons.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
How do you test for Christianity? Bible quiz?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

The Greek island of Lesbos is "on the verge of explosion" with the arrival of more than 15,000 mainly Syrian asylum seekers pushing local resources to the limit, the immigration minister says.

:quagmire:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Amethyst posted:

Don't act like the word anglosphere is a racial slur lmao

Your momma's so fat they call her the anglosphere.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Can we get the cage moved to parliament house, I have some ideas.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
In the past they just would have been given a good thrashing.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

hooman posted:

Stay Classy Western Australia.

:staredog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB6vhA8iU78

ah I remember this lady.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Orkin Mang posted:

hi jmpingmahnjim : )

hi

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Rude again. The ABC is a disgrace for allowing her to speak to our Prime Minister like she did. Polls are never accurate. I have done qualitative and quantative research and you can't get accurate figures unless you poll thousands of people in different areas. I have never been polled and nor have any of my nine siblings. Go Tony.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
"no more muslim men"

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxU2eqZtYmc

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Do these Syrians even know the Don's batting average?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

MonoAus posted:

I don't. Should I start packing my bags now?

Would you prefer Nauru or Manus?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Unimpressed posted:

Those filthy Arabs, on the other hand, blow their noses all the time and on everything, snatch tea out of your hands and eat food straight from the ground without even using their hands, they're basically animals, whereas we are all so very cultured.

Is there a limit to the cultural arrogance?

https://www.border.gov.au/LifeinAustralia/Documents/lia_english_full.pdf

Here is the offensive document in question for anyone that is wondering.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Australians value equality of opportunity and what is often called a ‘fair go’. This means that what someone achieves in life should be a product of their talents, work and effort rather than their birth or favouritism

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://vine.co/v/etQzHZDOEz3

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Federal Circuit Court judge Alexander Street accused of bias after rejecting hundreds of migration cases

A Federal Circuit Court judge from one of Australia's most famous legal families has been accused of apprehended bias after he rejected more than 250 appeals in migration cases in six months.

Rulings of Judge Alexander "Sandy" Street have been subject to several appeals in two recent cases in the Full Federal Court, which has strongly criticised the newly appointed Federal Circuit Court judge.

In a highly unusual move, applicants have presented statistics to support their allegation that those seeking a judicial review of migration decisions had virtually no chance of succeeding in Judge Street's court between January and June this year.

In the latest application, filed last week in the Full Federal Court, the editor of the Federal Court Reports, Victor Kline, has sworn an affidavit which alleges Judge Street found in favour of the Immigration Minister in virtually every case he heard between January and June this year.

Of 254 rulings delivered, Judge Street rejected migration appeals in 252 cases.

According to the statistics, the judge dismissed a large number of cases at the first court date, which is usually set aside for laying down a timetable for gathering evidence and scheduling a hearing.

Monash University law professor Matthew Groves said such analysis of an individual judge's rulings was rarely seen in Australian courts.

"The very fact that they were collected is unusual, and the stats themselves are quite unusual because they show that for migration hearings, essentially you've got no prospect of succeeding in front of this particular judge," Professor Groves said.

The judge hails from the well-known Street legal family, which has produced three NSW chief justices.

Judge Street's father, Sir Laurence Street, served as NSW Chief Justice between 1974 and 1988.

Judge Street was appointed to the Federal Circuit Court in late December last year by Commonwealth Attorney-General George Brandis.

He was the subject of media attention in the year prior to his appointment when it was revealed he was carrying hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt and faced possible bankruptcy.

In his time on the Federal Circuit Court, Judge Street has heard an astonishing number of cases.

Between January and June this year, he delivered rulings in 286 cases. The other eight judges who sit on the Federal Circuit Court in Sydney delivered 357 cases combined.
Judge subject of criticism over Tamil asylum seeker case

Judge Street has been the subject of pointed criticism in two successful appeals of his decisions in the Full Federal Court in which the judge was found to have denied litigants procedural fairness.

In one case, an unrepresented Tamil asylum seeker told Judge Street that his younger brother, younger sister and her husband had been killed in Sri Lanka.

"The police will be targeting me as I was seen as being opposed to the police," the Tamil man told Judge Street.

"I plead to this court that I have come here to seek refuge and protection, and therefore, I urge this court to grant me protection and allow me to stay in this country."

In that case, lawyers for the Immigration Minister had cautioned against the summary dismissal of the Tamil man's case, stressing the duty of the Minister to put evidence before the court.

The man's immigration file had not yet been obtained. But the judge did not accept the Minister's counsel's entreaties, summarily dismissing the case with costs.

The Full Federal Court took a dim view of the judge's approach when it ruled the case should go back before a different judge to be re-heard in the Federal Circuit Court.

"Serious issues relating to the procedural fairness of proceedings must arise in circumstances such as the present, in which an unrepresented applicant whose primary language is not English ... is called on, without notice, to mount arguments resisting the summary dismissal of his application," judges Mansfield, Tracey and Mortimer said.

"These circumstances, or ones similar to them, should not occur again."

Former NSW Supreme Court judge Anthony Whealy said the comments from the Full Federal Court were notable.

Mr Whealy said it was essential that courts offer procedural fairness, most particularly in migration cases.

"When we're dealing with a case that involves the refugee issue, I think it's even more important because often these people are unrepresented, they can't speak English, they don't understand any of the issues that are involved," Mr Whealy said.

"It's terribly important that they be allowed to prepare their case."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-10/federal-court-judge-alexander-street-accused-of-bias/6764704

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
TONY Abbott is believed to be planning to axe up to six ministers in a wholesale reshuffle of Cabinet and the outer ministry as he comes under increasing pressure to dump “dead wood”.

Joe Hockey is unlikely to be among them, despite increasing concerns among senior colleagues the PM’s leadership may not survive if he sticks with the Treasurer.

Pressure is mounting on the Prime Minister to make swift, significant Cabinet changes, with speculation growing in the Coalition that a leadership challenge from Malcolm Turnbull is in the planning.

A senior source claimed the changes being contemplated by the PM would “surprise” colleagues, with a cabal of ­former Howard era ministers in the firing line.

He is being urged to promote the next generation of stars, who party powerbrokers believe need to be in the ministry if the government is to be a viable prospect at the next election.

Mr Abbott has maintained virtually the same Cabinet since he was elected opposition leader in 2009. He disappointed colleagues when during a reshuffle last year he removed only one minister — defence minister David Johnston.

There is a view Mr Abbott is refusing to accept that some of his long-time colleagues need to be “tapped on the shoulder”.

Those marked as needing to move on include a mix of competent ministers who are nearing the end of their careers and ministers who have blundered their way through the first two years of government.

A large portion of Mr Abbott’s front bench served during the Howard years and the post 2007 intake of MPs, many of whom have impressive resumes, are marking time on the back bench or in parliamentary secretary roles.

While Mr Hockey retains the support of Mr Abbott, there are few in the Coalition party room confident he can sell the government’s economic agenda, which will be vital to winning the election.

Defence Minister Kevin Andrews, who yesterday bizarrely put a two to three year timeline on Australia’s combat operations in Syria, is regarded as being out of touch, as is senate leader Eric Abetz. Ian Macfarlane is also believed to be in the firing line.

• Locked thread