Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Since it's September already in undesirable parts of the world, that means it's time for the return of the Sheep Game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

MustardFacial posted:

I'm stuck. I've got a bunch of buttcoins, but all of the exchanges have shut down, and all I can do on the darknet to buy drugs. How do you actually get money out of this thing?

That's the point of the game; you don't! :ssh:

Also it gets a hell of a lot more ridiculous/hilarious from there, believe me.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

TwoFire posted:

I gave up after completing (getting stuck in) the Sierraesque Bitcoin Island game. I took some weasel stuff to make the background pulse but I just can't figure where the hidden bit is on the white level. :shrug:

Order a hit on the Moon in Bitcoin Island, then go back to the white game, take some weasel dust and go to the Darknet and you will see what you need to do.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

MustardFacial posted:

:siren: MustardFacial gets in a huff about the games industry.....again. :siren:

The reason why you shouldn't pre-order games is because the publishers want you on the hook before the embargo's drop and you find out the game is a big piece of poo poo. They want their $60 from you based solely on the marketing and hype train they've managed to generate. Ever wonder why video game advertising seems so much more sensationalist than anything else? That's why. These companies want you on the hook before anyone has had a chance to warn you off it.

Want to know why there aren't demos anymore? This is why. The onus is no longer on the game maker to convince you they're making a good game, when you are so willing to plop down $60 months before it's out.

Do you want games to be stable on release? Do you want new IP? Do you want the content of the game to justify the money you spent? Do you want GOOD games again? Then stop pre-ordering. Publishers have exactly ZERO reason to ensure any of these things happen if you keep pre-ordering games. The same game you pre-ordered will still be there on release day, yeah you probably wouldn't have gotten the hot wheels but the fact that they're willing to include something like that (and charge you extra for it) shows how badly they want your money upfront, right now.

Of course, if you order a game through Steam it's pretty easy to get a refund nowadays, unlike before where they would only give you one refund as a gesture of good faith (which I used on Flatout 3...what a horrible game).

meatpimp posted:

There's a whole bunch of bodies washing ashore all over the Mediterranean Sea recently. It's horrid and you should not look at the images on liveleak.

Funny, Europe wasn't getting hammered by huge waves of refugees before the West destabilized the entire Middle East...

Edit: I just saw the picture you were talking about. At least the article called the people "refugees" instead of "migrants," because they sure as gently caress are not migrants.

Once again we find ourselves in a situation where huge numbers of people are fleeing what can only be described as absolute horror where people are being butchered en masse, and yet again Europe and the rest of the world sits on their hands, hoping the problem will go away on its own.

Don't we ever loving learn from history?

MrChips fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Sep 3, 2015

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Seriously lol if you think China is in any way going to dominate the world economically or otherwise.

This whole mess with their stock market of late? It's probably only the beginning...they've been cooking their books for a long loving time.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Sigma X posted:

What the gently caress are fully dressed chips? Do they have little tuxedos on them?

It's me; I am fully dressed chips.

At least for now :mmmhmm:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

If any of you fuckers haven't bought Mad Max yet you can get it 40% off on GreenMan Gaming with this code:

MADMAX-SAVE40-MADMAX

E: I watched Weekend Of A Champion tonight; it's not a bad little movie.

MrChips fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Sep 5, 2015

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

There was a diesel Oldsmobile Cutlass?

You bet there was...it wasn't very good though. In fact it was so bad that you could make a case that it set diesel adoption in the US back by 30 years.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

DrakeriderCa posted:

So if I was looking for a similar car - FR layout, hardtop, manual tranny, fun amount of power (~250+hp/tq) in a similar price and reliability range, what's better?

Edit: ^^^ bonus points for Alberta market specific

E92 335i.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Buy a Geneiss Coupe 2.0T or 3.8. :getin:

Because around here this...

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Also a lot of people who drive them suck.

...applies even more to the Genesis Coupe. I've never not seen them being driven like a total knob, and this is coming from a BMW driver.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

14 INCH DICK posted:

because cat owners, while sociopaths, don't inflict their pain on others

Toxoplasmosis is a hell of a thing.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

I can't believe you guys let yourself get trolled by a couple of English soccer fans again...the literal lowest form of humanity on Earth.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Mooseykins posted:

We don't have "soccer" in England. You meant to say "Football Hooligans".

If you would like to learn more, watch Rise Of The Footsoldier. It's very good.

No, I distinctly said soccer fans...as in, people who enjoy watching soccer. And I use the term people loosely in this case.

kastein posted:

I think you're giving TSA agents a whole lot of undue credit here.

Soccer fans, especially English ones, are way dumber (and far more inbred) than any TSA agent I've ever encountered.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Tomarse posted:

You missed the point. We don't have 'soccer'. 'soccer' is a stupid american word that we don't use. Its 'football'.

I suspect that there are just as many dumb and inbred american football fans in the US as dumb and inbred football fans over here. Probably more since you have 4x the population!

Unlike English soccer fans, American football fans don't need to be locked up in cages in the stands like zoo animals.

corn in the fridge posted:

this thread continues to deliver

I'm sorry you don't understand what's going on here. Just a sec, lemme translate this to your native language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3cD1Nd302k

MrChips fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Sep 12, 2015

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

I dunno dude, Philly had jail cells in their old stadium.

There's a difference between having a couple of jail cells in a stadium, and the entire seating area being effectively a giant jail cell. Or in the case of Hillsbourough, a giant barbecue pit.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Tomarse posted:

So why don't they make V4's anymore? The one that Saab used in the 60's/70's sounded awesome and sizewise would pretty good for a small modern car.

Cylinder heads cost a lot of money to both design and build; the more cylinders you have under a head, the cheaper it becomes proportionally. Also there's the increased friction loads of a second valvetrain, the fact that in a front-wheel drive car they offer no packaging advantage and that they are inherently more imbalanced than an inline-4, to name but a few of the issues with a V4 engine.

E: I would also hazard a guess that because the block is larger (it won't be much shorter than an I4 but certainly much wider) and with two cylinder heads, a V4 is heavier than an I4, and carries most of its weight up high (another disadvantage).

E2: VVVVV There are a handful of V4 bikes out there, but there are a shitton of I4 bikes as well.

MrChips fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 12, 2015

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Ozmiander posted:

You're all being a bunch of circle jerking retards.

Welcome to The Internet. I love you.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Just over five days left to get your answers in for the Sheep Game; entries close on Saturday night at 11pm Pacific Time. The more entries I get, the better and more hilarious the end result will be!

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Geoj posted:

Never got a thank you letter in the mail for the $200 worth of wedding presents either. But as a consolation prize a mutual friend and I both got death threat letters (not even joking, she literally wrote "if I ever see you again I will cut you like a pig and gut you like a fish") in the mail from his bitch wife about two months later because we "ruined her wedding" by asking the wedding planner if we could do a toast at the 45 minute long church social hour that everyone was allowed to attend immediately following the ceremony. Didn't actually do it - we just asked and accepted the "no, that's not in the plans" answer and apparently the wedding planner was a close friend of the family and was greatly offended that we would even ask.

Bridezilla there sounds like a real winner. Does she like to eat? Because her threat sounded vaguely food-related. All she needed was a "...then I'll hang your corpses for 40 days to dry age and carve you up into delicious steaks!" to complete the analogy.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

LloydDobler posted:

Oh poo poo I think I skimmed and mis-read that question! I thought it was about taking a break from car shows!

If you or anyone else want to change your answers for the Sheep Game, it's not like I have them carved in stone or anything...just send me your revised answers and you're good!

Also, I'm up to just short of 40 participants, with just over three days left; keep them coming in guys! I would like to hear from more of you, especially from posters I've never heard from in any of the previous games. Come to think of it, I've only ever heard from a couple of NEAI posters...

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

meatpimp posted:

Old ones use thermal, most recent use plain paper. Thermal is as out of date as the rest of the A+ curriculum (neverminding the nonsense the instructor is spewing from that twitter feed).

poo poo, I did my A+ in 2001 and I thought it was badly out of date even then. I can't even imagine how bad it is now.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

some texas redneck posted:

Spotted this a bit outside of Dallas the other day (in Wylie) :stare:

And yet here we are in Alberta (basically, Texas North) and our gas prices just went up 16 cents per litre because gently caress you that's why. I can't wait to see what excuse the Oil Industry Speak 'n' Say comes up with this time.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

fjelltorsk posted:

so bored at work, is there an ai irc channel?

You can also have a go at the Sheep Game! Just a day left to get your answers in, everybody...the deadline is 11pm Pacific Time on Saturday!

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

MORE GASCHAT

I made a shredded pork and black bean burrito for dinner tonight; it was so hot it made my eyes water.

And now I have gas.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

I have two hours to kill here at work before anything happens; I might give IRC a try for the first time in many years.

Mooseykins posted:

After many anxious months of being broke, and grabbing every job at work and working my rear end off i was well excited to have some money saved up. Not a lot, about £2,500. Then my best mate calls me and asks to borrow a grand for his rent. :cripes:

Friendship and money never mixes well, believe me. If you loaned that money to your friend and you wish to remain friends with him, you'd best be prepared to eat the loss entirely.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Just a couple hours remain before submissions to the Sheep Game close; play now or wish you did!

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

The one with the guy who spends his points to send the chick to the talent show.

After I finished watching that episode, I had more questions than answers...then I finished the series and it hit me:

That wasn't actually a person in that episode; in fact, none of the people in that episode were actual people. You saw the Christmas Special, right? John Hamm's character made a throwaway comment about how if he pushed the Cookies (the AI avatars his company made) too hard that they'd just wig out and be useless, so they would sell them to the entertainment industry. All those people you saw in that episode? Discarded Cookies put to work to entertain real people. In fact if you watch closely, in one scene where he's flipping through TV channels, you see a brief clip of the talent show.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Open mouth insert penis.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

14 INCH DICK posted:

I try and keep my poo poo posting limited to only the threads I'm posting in

This post reminded me of Yogi Berra and now I'm sad :(

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Frankly I preferred politics chat to IT chat.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Enourmo posted:

Which operating system should be elected president?

LoseThos

e: Same thing as TempleOS

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

kastein posted:

You mean to tell me you need big rear end open fields and stuff to put wind turbines in?!

We almost got it in the northeast, offshore, but a bunch of loving hypocritical politicians went full NIMBY because they didn't want to look at wind turbines from their posh multimillion dollar retreats on MAHHHHTHAS VINYAAAAAAHD.

I don't understand that sentiment one bit; I personally think wind turbines look cool as heck and are very relaxing to look at as they turn.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

All the bad posting in this thread has killed the forums. Good job guys! :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

While my car is in the shop for hail damage, the rental company gave me a Ford Taurus as a loaner. It's too big, with too much wasted space, you sit too high and it wallows like a whale.

But it's loving hilarious to drive because everybody thinks it's an unmarked police cruiser.

• Locked thread