Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Kershaw homed against Cain on I think opening day 2013.

Cain was pulled and replaced with Kontos. I remember for two reasons:

1) All the "They didn't beat Cain, they beat Kontos" rationalizing from Giants fans. (Kersh's HR was the only run they made, iirc)

2) Kontos also served a cupcake to A-Rod that year to set a new world record for career grand slams, blowing up Lincecum's ERA even further in the process.

I really did not like Kontos that year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.

Craptacular! posted:

Cain was pulled and replaced with Kontos. I remember for two reasons:

1) All the "They didn't beat Cain, they beat Kontos" rationalizing from Giants fans. (Kersh's HR was the only run they made, iirc)

2) Kontos also served a cupcake to A-Rod that year to set a new world record for career grand slams, blowing up Lincecum's ERA even further in the process.

I really did not like Kontos that year.

They lost that game 4-0.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

dont be hurt, dont be hurt do not be hurt please

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
gently caress YOU DODGERS

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Be ok Crawford :(

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
"your gorgeous incredible defensive shortstop who is finally hitting sure is great... it would be a shame if something...

Happened to him"

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
what the gently caress, dodgers

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
lol I just noticed Marlins man behind home plate

e: a page late apparently

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
What the gently caress I just saw some footage of the A's game. Their field looks like they hosted a monster truck rally.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Ambassador of Funk posted:

They lost that game 4-0.

Ah, I guess over the years I conflated "Kershaw could have beaten them by himself" with "Kershaw actually did beat them by himself."

Rand alPaul posted:

What the gently caress I just saw some footage of the A's game. Their field looks like they hosted a monster truck rally. football game.
They did.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

Ah, I guess over the years I conflated "Kershaw could have beaten them by himself" with "Kershaw actually did beat them by himself."

Well he did pitch a CGSO that day :v:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Vin, a man who has lived thorough like 80 Septembers, is totally baffled by the concept of September.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The 70s Rock Band Name section of the Dodgers lineup gives me nightmares. I would rather see more Joc and Adrian than Justin Turner Overdrive and Scott Van "Halen" Slyke.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

It's literally going to take two months to complete this game.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I hope this game goes to 30 innings. I enjoy this late night stuff.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The Giants had a like 18 inning game a couple of Augusts ago. I remember because I had to go to loving work at 7 AM the next day and it went until 2 AM. Around midnight I said gently caress it this is happening and watched every minute of that poo poo fest.

I think it was against the Mets.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Hmm, what? I looked back up and the game was still going and also it was January.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Giants playing with fire here.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
why in the gently caress are you walking this dude intentionally

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

It's after midnight, rosters expand to include fans in the stands

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It will be funny when the wild pitch ends the game

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

It's after midnight, rosters expand to include fans in the stands

Marlins man can hit imo

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Decent contact for a schlub.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Well it worked but I cannot praise the walk anyway

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Brandon plz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTOFbJg4-k0

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I think the 18 inning game was actually shorter than this

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I wish Vin Scully could announce my life

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Dear Dodgers,

Ro Sham Bo, best of 5?

Love,

Giants

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Hatcher's ERA has dropped like a run from this game.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Ah Christ, here's Broadway.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Some guy has his kid at the ballgame at 12:30 AM on a school night. Bad Parents Night.

rebel1608 posted:

"While you were away, you got a call from your boss. Your boss, from Tocaluka, was the ninth-place finalist in the 1987 Spelling Bee. He called and said you had to come to work tomorrow. This is a lot like a time in my own career, and this was in the days when all the games were on radio and you worked on your own...."

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I don't know that this Broadway guy is very good.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

14th inning. Ketel One ad in the background. Appropriate.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Craptacular! posted:

"While you were away, you got a call from your boss. Your boss, from Tocaluka, was the ninth-place finalist in the 1987 Spelling Bee. He called and said you had to come to work tomorrow. This is a lot like a time in my own career, and this was in the days when all the games were on radio and you worked on your own...."

hahahahaha amazing

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

RIP Giants

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rebel1608 posted:

"14 innings and he's still masturbating..."

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

I'm sure glad we went with Broadway instead of Petit.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Some weak baserunning by utley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Broadway is real bad at this baseball thing.

• Locked thread