Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

GMing Strike on Mondays and playing Exalted on Sundays on Roll20 has been fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

What are you trying to hide from me???

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Countblanc posted:

It's for a project. Do NOT ask what the project is.

Asking would imply it's not an order.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Who is dumb enough to pay more than 15 bucks on a PDF, especially a PBtA one?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Goon Project: Lets bash Monte Cook's skull with a Razer peripheral until his brain splatters all around.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Firefly was hella bad and everyone who was on it sucks rear end

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Captain Walker posted:

It's probably a contributing factor that, to my limited knowledge, Day actually talks about the harassment she gets rather than, I dunno, being grateful for the attention?? I don't know what the quote appropriate unquote response is supposed to be if you're born a woman, or God forbid you transition to womanhood, and people in the subculture get on your case about it. I don't like thinking about this stuff as it makes me angry how far we've come in some ways and not others, but I realize that having that option is the literal definition of privilege.

Content: I'm trying to sell my 5e-loving friends on 13th Age. How would the more eloquent of you make the case for 13A over D&D?

gradenko_2000 posted:

She's a lady, and she's in gaming, and that's really just about all the reason the uglier parts of the hobby needs for people to start flinging poo poo. It's barely even worth discussing their purported reasons for why (not a "real" gamer etc)

Slimnoid posted:

Because she's a woman in a male-dominated sub-culture.

Ya callate pinche pendejo

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Arivia posted:

My pathfinder game tonight had one point where the players seriously thought about having an entire army piss into the mouth of Winson Paine's character to drug test them all. It was the Whizzard come to life!

Winson_Paine posted:

I CAN TASTE PISS

Winson_Paine posted:

god it just occured to me that GBSism is over a decade old now

kingcom posted:

Old man paine and his pissisms.

Ningyou posted:

i can't think of any good pee puns and it's making me feel a little pisspirited :(

Error 404 posted:

But did you get head?

Zurui posted:

Urine trouble for this piss-poor pun.

Davin Valkri posted:

Urine luck, ammonia single man but wee can share our puns. Ureally want to make them?

(You're in, I'm only a, you really, oh god why?! It hurts!)

Captain Foo posted:

penis in ear = dance all night

Winson_Paine posted:

ugh, the puns have started, clear the urea

Error 404 posted:

Eyes.
Goggles.
Nothing.
:gonk:

Captain Foo posted:

5 golden manbabies for this, good sir

Jimbozig posted:

I'd write a bigpeeler story for the thread to contribute but I don't have the dedication for that.

Actually, just go listen to "Risk". It's basically the bigpeeler of podcasts.

grassy gnoll posted:

Tell us about Partycat again, grandpa Winson.

Ningyou posted:

SNORTS A LINE OF FINELY SHREDDED ELFGAME PAGE

"ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhghghghgghfuck that's the good stuff" i muse to myself before dressing up like an ethereal faerie princess and flipping over a cop car in a terrifying blur of wonder and whimsy and cocaine-fueled rage

a bloodcurdling scream escapes my lips as the few surviving onlookers stare, frozen and horrified

"that's like five xp right"

"does eoris have xp"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FishFood posted:

It looks like the thread for this has died so I'm posting this here! I'm looking to start a WFRP 3rd Edition campaign and I'm setting it in an alt-history fantasy Hellenistic period. I've statted out Orcs because Orcs rule and they're filling in as Scythians in the setting. I've got the document here if anyone with some experience with the system wants to look over it and tell me how terrible it all looks.

Fantasy hellenic world is a cool concept and I will destroy all the unfathomably horrible posts after this one in order not to sully it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's the best game of this millennium even if it was unfinished due to the greed of the money gobbling pachinko building fucks at Konami and if you disagree you need to have your head shot off by powerful Stinger missiles.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Stinger is the most iconic weapon on the game... Even though they renamed it on TPP... Zuh?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Countblanc posted:

i cannot fathom a world where a jrpg, or a jrpg-inspired game, is the goty

It will be next year, with either Persona 5 or FFXV. Hop in, Gamer!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Countblanc posted:

Monster Hunter X is coming out in the west next year, and in its home nation this year, so GOTY is already taken for both those years unfortunately.

That's the only reason I didn't include Fire Emblem Fates and Bravely Second either, as they are also contenders.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ningyou posted:

look at all these fuckin bad opinion havers

the TRUE GOTY 2015-2016 is obviously Ittle Dew 2: Ittle Dew Harder

*clicks the radio button while reading this*

Ocelot: "That's a bad post... Don't bother reading it and fultoning it home... And don't try eating it either!"
Miller: "Cipher is definitely behind the bad posts, boss... *grunt* We have to destroy them to get back what we lost, to get revenge!"
Code Talker: "Diiid yooou knoooow my triiibe haaaas eleeeeveeen naaames for haaamburguer?"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

It's the Bioshock Infinite thing where one side is comprised of militant white supremacists using an aerial city-fortress to intervene in foreign wars and exploiting/persecuting minorities and the other side is those very same slaves and minorities getting fed up with all that poo poo, and then suddenly WOAH MAN did you know that BOTH SIDES are actually bad and maybe the truth is in the middle hmmmm

A lot of people think they're making a great "shades of grey" story when they're actually just writing a dumb one where characters act like idiots and assholes not for compelling or interesting reasons but because "how else am I gonna show that this is a serious, mature story?"

If you played BioShock 1 and that didn't made you realize that Ken Levine is a hack and an idiot then you only have yourself to blame.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ryoshi posted:

jesus christ

I got a buttload of CthulhuTech books used for dirt cheap since despite knowing some...questionable...things about the setting, the overall themes and ideas sounded rad as poo poo.

Then I opened it and started reading the actual rules.

Did....did anyone, at any point during the creation of this book, ever, actually try to roll for average or challenging tests? It's so absurdly flawed!

And they're really proud of how they plan to use this rules framework (no pun intended, ugh) for other games?!

It's so egregiously bad!

Everyone on this forum said this game was bad for half a decade already. Who gives a chimp's rear end about it anymore?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

TG Poster: Oh my god everyone. It turns out that this game has some really deviant and sick poo poo! I read all of this gross and creepy stuff and it's really bad! So bad, I had to read it twice because i couldn't believe my eyes!
Me: *Shrugs while tabbing back to Exhentai.org whilst swirling a cup of brandy*

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Error 404 posted:

Cool story broseidon, what are you currently smoking?

I don't smoke.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ryoshi posted:

Wow you sure showed me!!

Good. Now don't repeat that crap.

Forums Terrorist posted:

You could have just stopped here really.

Poland saved western civilization from the Turks, Mongols and Soviets by being pwned by then every year. Poland is FTW.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ryoshi posted:

Wasn't there a time when you were banned from the chat threads, or was that just a marvelous dream of some lost utopia?

I don't need to hear this from *reads closely* a "Massive Douchebag".

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

He gifted me the original Payday iirc but I never played it because I already had the sequel then.

Also lol at using your SA name on Reddit.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Reddit is better than SA.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I love posting on Reddit about how Monsanto actually has been demonized by most people and how they actually do good work for farmers and how a Costco membership is "on fleek" but everyone gets negative when I say it here.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Davin Valkri posted:

Plutonis, help me out here. I've recently seen you post in the Ask/Tell military history thread. You're clearly capable of asking questions sincerely, you want to learn more about things and people, you're plenty knowledgeable about the history of South America. And then you post here and...you...just...

...why? What do you gain from being a troll and posting "ironically" and saying mean things and just being a jerk on this particular subforum? Why not act the way you do on the military history thread on the forum as a whole? Same with all the other people who leave those one-line snipes and talk down to other posters so condescendingly. If you're capable of posting sincerely, why not just...do so?

If anything I've been more sincere than ever for months, aniki, it's just that sincerity can go both ways.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

What in the Lord's name is Pet Play?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jesus. These deviants need Sharia law ASAP.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I take Quiet so I can stare at her rear end on the helicopter

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Getsuya posted:

I played a bunch of Japanese tabletop RPGs in Japan and I was all starry-eyed with the idea of taking a bunch of the books back and starting up a small group here in my new town to try out the systems. We would meet once a month and try out a one-shot on a different system, the month between giving me time to translate enough of the system that they picked for character creation and then the rest of the rules I would explain verbally as we played. I figured it would be a pretty easy thing to do. Sadly I've been here for about a month, posted up ads in the various roleplayer hangouts/various local messageboards/even Craigslist and out of the 4 people I would need I've gotten all of 1.

At this point I'm about ready to give up and just make a group with 4 goons and do it over Skype instead, sacrificing meeting actual people in real life to actually being able to do this an justify the hundreds I spent on getting together a collection of Japanese RPG books.

Have you tried going to anime con/hangouts as well? They are in my experience more likely to play Japanese/Japanese-inspired tabletops than normal RPers.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://w.webms.org/wYf6zb8w.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Watch the first 9 episodes then switch to the light novel.

• Locked thread