Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Parallax Scroll posted:

*tells racist joke*

Ah hah. Heh.

*awkwardly tries to change the subject*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
I love when the customer tells a racist joke and the corporate leadership falls all over themselves to laugh at it

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
"Want a tip? I'll give you a tip: America deserved 9/11"

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
we might get faster service if the waiter wasn't of the wrong... culture if you know what I mean uh hueh hueh hueh

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Awakrdly speaks spanish with an american accent to the busboy in an attempt to sound multi-cultural, busboy responds in perfect fluent english, don't say another word for the entire meal.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
explain to the hibachi chef that what he's doing is basically the japanese equivalent of blackface

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Harald posted:

"Want a tip? I'll give you a tip: America deserved 9/11"

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

quote:

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
*not paying for the meal*

*orders a shot of tequila for everyone at the table*

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

For real, that joke is going in my repertoire.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
*puts spaghetti in pockets to snack on in the car*

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum
passively aggressively seethes at that dickhead from the structures group who ordered an extra appetizer and had a dessert, when we each pay the exact same amount with an equal split of the bill among every person to make it "easier", I meekly throw in my $15 even though I only ate $8 of food

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Bacon Taco posted:

passively aggressively seethes at that dickhead from the structures group who ordered an extra appetizer and had a dessert, when we each pay the exact same amount with an equal split of the bill among every person to make it "easier", I meekly throw in my $15 even though I only ate $8 of food

thats why you order $15 of food dum dum

even if u dont eat it all get the rest to go or throw it away.

mmm yes i'll take the waygu filet mignon, medium rare of course with extra order of fries, yes please add garlic and Parmesan on those fries for an extra $5.

then hmmm hummm an extra larger soda--no wait lets make that an extra large imported british beer yeah $10? ok sure. hmmm ummm what appetizers do you recommend, super grilled chicken caesar salad with french imported bleu cheese, macadamian nuts, arugula and truffle oil yeaa h i'll take two of those you know, got to watch my figure and all. hmm yeah i'll also have an plate of vegetables rolls and satay to myself too. what about desert? german flourless black forest chocolate cake, panna cotta with marionberries, and apple crumble pie? Why i'll take ALL THREE if i do say so myself those sound delish!

THANKS!

Xaris fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Sep 1, 2015

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
*fucks the college aged waitress in cleaning closet while coworkers get ripped on scotch*

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
*awkward out of touch boss whose 40 years older htan the college aged waitress* hey where'd that hot piece of rear end go, heh right right guys? i would "hit it" as people are saying now-a-days. drat my water glass is still empty and needs filling, i bet shes back there getting filled up by that sissy bus-boy!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

*fucks the college aged waitress in cleaning closet while coworkers get ripped on scotch*

I want to work where you do

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Skips breakfast, orders 4 burgers and 3 beers....sleeps in the disabled toilet for 2hrs back at the office.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

*puts silverware in briefcase*

um waiter we seem to be missing some silverware.

*puts butter packets and sweet n low packets in briefcase*

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I want to work where you do

Go work at a dotcom where the oldest employee is in their late 30s tops and everyone has black cards that they flash around at the regular Friday lunch outing

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Crap crap crap I got a text the building UPS went down I've gotta run

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR: "Now you all remembered to clock out for lunch, right? The same rules still apply today."

EMPLOYEES stare at watches and phones for two-hour lunch where ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR talks about work the entire time, even though nobody is getting paid and is essentially working through lunch, and why did we have to go to this place again? The food is terrible here, and such small portions.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
*berates waitress in front of coworkers*

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010
*spends entire lunch degreasing plain cheese pizza*

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
murders everyone then kills self

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Chinatown posted:

murders everyone then kills self

"Mondays..."

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Pork and beans on a platter, ma'am.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
*asks for the kids menu so he can get chicken tenders*

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
*gets drunk prior to luncheon, stumbles in dishevelled and reeking of booze, disappears from table and found passed out on toilet*

*receives promotion the next day*

this happened to me irl...

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Full service you say?
*whips out dick, whistles for waitress*

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Robbie Fowler posted:

*gets drunk prior to luncheon, stumbles in dishevelled and reeking of booze, disappears from table and found passed out on toilet*

*receives promotion the next day*

this happened to me irl...

was your promotion to a cushy job observing and reporting on a series of high powered meetings where movers and shakers from a wide variety of industries sat in a church basement giving testimonials while drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes like it's going out of style?

DirtyMick
Feb 1, 2014
We can order one adult beverage? I'll take a pitcher of your IPA with the highest ABV please.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I'll have a T-bone steak because I'm a t-bone kind of guy.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
i-i'll just have water

*eats more amphetamines on the sly

*bounces leg nerovusly until the the entire table shakes

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
*goes specifically to a pub because that's what actual cool places do for friday lunch*
*everyone "is driving haha no more for me!!" while nursing a diet coke*

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

Did you guys hear about Gene in Accounting?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

praxis posted:

Did you guys hear about Gene in Accounting?

*thinks to self "I thought YOU were Gene in accounting?? Oh god I've worked here forever and I still haven't bothered to learn anyone's name."

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
no thanks I'll take steak

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

A misanthrope posted:

*thinks to self "I thought YOU were Gene in accounting?? Oh god I've worked here forever and I still haven't bothered to learn anyone's name."

This why I'm glad our office has everybody's ID photo on Lync.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

notZaar posted:

This why I'm glad our office has everybody's ID photo on Lync.

gently caress that would be nice

i just call everyone "hey" or "man" and i think they're starting to figure it out

• Locked thread