Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Got stabbed with a used syringe by a junkie because I wouldn't give him a cigarette and didn't catch a thing except for 3 months of no sex with a new girlfriend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Safety First posted:

I was struck by lightning when I was in my teens. It was very fortunate that it was an indirect hit, but it was enough to give me a good throw and some bruises, but no other serious injuries that I know of.

...guess that's not so much a close call as it is just a call...

You didn't get one of those awesome scars from it did you?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Safety First posted:

I wish...would have at least given me something to show for the experience. Had some light burn marks on my back but that healed after a couple of weeks and wasn't very impressive to see.

That's a real shame. Those are so cool. As soon as I saw one I started researching ways to get struck by lightning safely. As far as I know it can't be done.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
All these posts from Americans almost getting caught with a small amount of weed being the most dangerous situation they've ever been in is just. It's mindblowing. "We went into a black neighbourhood to score weed and saw some cops. It's loving harrowing but thank Christ we escaped with our lives!"

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Lutha Mahtin posted:

lmao every other developed nation is like 500% more racist than america

are you even trying? the answer is no of course

It wasn't the racism thing it was more the banality of it all. A run in with the cops as a teenager while you've got a small amount of weed on you just won't rate to people in most other developed nations.

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

You got poked w a syringe. WHoop dee doo

Well I've also been hit by a car and left for dead on the side of the road, almost been lynched because some moron interpreted "actually the koran was written about a thousand years before America was a nation so no it doesn't say anything about destroying America in there" as gently caress islam and muslims. The only reason I didn't end up at least in hospital was because this awesome Iraqi guy Wael calmed the mob down (I'm not kidding about this Karla was a loving moron and probably had some kind of developmental issues who didn't like being told she was wrong so she went and told a little story to all the gang members at the school), been caught in multiple rip tides and survived a suicide attempt when I was a teenager but I went with the syringe story. Oh and I had a simple hernia operation when I was 4 or 5 that apparently nearly killed me but I don't remember anything about it. I should ask my mum about that.

E: And I very nearly just went out with my fly undone! My god, do you know what it's like constantly living on the edge like I do?

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Sep 4, 2015

• Locked thread