Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

The gnostic texts basically play out like The Omen with Jesus doing evil magic poo poo and killing kids. They can't even get him a teacher to teach him how to read because he keeps freaking them all out.

Why do I feel that Christianity would be different if they kept those in?

Anecdotally, it seems like a lot of it's followers have issue with seeing that people can change, or be good despite not following their way of thinking. I have a feeling if more of them had read about that stuff that they would be a bit more open minded about the way the world is. I personally like the idea of Jesus being a gently caress-up when he was young, how else are you going to get good at something if you don't screw it up a bazillion times. I'm not religious but it definitely makes him more relatable and human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

Kiryen posted:

So it gets you mad that people get forgiven in the supernatural sense of bad things won't happen after you die by a being you don't believe exists in the first place?

I think the issue is that it gives them carte blanche to be a arsehole.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004

Gatekeeper posted:

jesus was basically dad gay only without the legit funny sense of humor

I'm willing to bet there is some funny stuff in the gnostic stuff.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
Dad gay is pretty alright in my book too. If my dad was gay I'd want him to be forum poster Dad gay, so what.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
I like the goons that are at least slightly funny and not uptight jerks.

It's nice to see things are almost back to GBS 0.1, it was kinda boring and not really funny once the dark times of Ozma and Ice Queen (or whatever her name was) came. This whole thread would probably be banned cause you put whore in the title back then.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004

Nooner posted:

Those were very bad times. I did not post back then cause 9/10 things I post would have gotten me banned lol

Same, it was weird to see when the whole thing slowly started happening too. Hell, I really just started posting within the last year or so myself and I've had a account since '04 and lurked since '00.

The coverage that dude did of Hurricane Katrina during that time was really nice though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004

naem posted:

He's the only begotten son of God, he's pretty humble honestly when you think about it

I mean, his dad is the ceo of the universe. His stepdad had a job all lined up for him in the carpentry business too.

Instead he code a life of hanging with his bros. all his followers were sinners and prostitutes, they'd just get wasted and like talk about eh meaning of life all day. Kept pissing off the cops too and didn't call his dad to bail him out or anything.

He's like that really cool guy that had rich parents but didn't flaunt it almost.

• Locked thread