Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Bad games.

They're sort of everywhere. You have your traditional bad games where people obviously just didn't give a poo poo, to major releases that honestly tried and unfortunately failed. From shovelware on your iPad to top-tier PC or PS4 games. It's a reality every system has to face. Not only that, but people buy these games. Sometimes it's older grandparents who don't know better. Sometimes it's because a little child really wants it.

And sometimes it's because a bunch of stupid nerds buy them ironically to do let's plays for the internet for other nerds.

Welcome to the Bad Games Megathread. Here, we are all somewhere in the ranges above. Some of us have had these bad games bought for us, or we were tricked by screenshots and misleading trailers, or simply spent hard-earned money on a product we knew was crap but hey, why not? We want to show them off because we literally don't have anything better to do with our time, apparently.

Games are linked to their OPs and listed alphabetically.

Rules
1. Don't be a dick. Respect people's spoiler rules, if any.
2. Don't worry about how many updates you can pull out of the game. If you want to do a one-off, that's fine. If you want to do a full, 100% LP that's fine too.
3. If you just want to cross-post your thread supplying an awful game that has it's own LP, either be the LPer or get consent from the LPer first. Respect all their spoiler rules still.

Megathread Games
1993tris ... by Faerie Fortune
Amazon Trail ... by Faerie Fortune
Bad Games Streamaganza ... by Cowman
Batman: Dark Tomorrow ... by kalonZombie
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts DLC ... By Dex01 and Vilemoon
Cry of Fear ... by chocolatekake
Dr. Ruth's Computer Game Of Good Sex ... by Faerie Fortune
Dragonball: Evolution ... by corn in the bible
Eternity's Child ... by Cowman
Garfield Games ... by LORD OF BUTT
Gran Turismo 2 ... by Great Joe
The Last Hope For the Young Century: Banzai Pecan ... by Doseku
Mario Teaches Typing ... by Faerie Fortune
Metal Reaper Online ... by Twiggy Mouse
Orc Attack Flatulent Rebellion ... by Doseku
Pandora: Purge of Pride ... by Nidoking
Pound the Ground ... by Nebiros
Redneck Racers ... by Combat Lobster
Secret of the Magic Crystal ... by Faerie Fortune
Seven Samurai 20XX ... by mateo360
Star Trek ... by kalonZombie
Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness ... by corn in the bible
Trains vs. Zombies 2 ... by Namtab
Valhalla Chronicles ... by OldManMarsh

Other LPs
Bubsy ... by CJacobs
Jotun ... by Alexeythegreat

kalonZombie fucked around with this message at 16:51 on May 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Star Trek was a show that originally aired for three seasons in the late 60's. It painted a positive future for humanity, searching for other life forms in space to co-exist and learn about. While some episodes were action-packed, most episodes involved quiet introspection and learning to live with each other despite racial, cultural, and political differences. Very rarely were problems solved by shooting an enemy into oblivion, the humans of the future having supposedly evolving past such barbarism. It is one of the single most recognizable pieces of science fiction on the planet.

In 2009 JJ Abrams took the quiet introspection of the series and then took a huge steaming dump on it, turning the whole thing into a mindless popcorn action flick where the solution to any given problem is shoot lots of guns at it. All of the characters are exaggerations of themselves and everything is so bright and bloomy that you can barely see what's going on. It sucks and I hate it.

In 2013, in order to bridge the gap between the movie and the sequel, a game came out. Simply called Star Trek, just to cause further confusion if you are talking about the original show, the movie reboot, or the game, the game is a cover based shooter with RPG elements. It also features online co-op for you to play with your friends. It's also very shoddily made and clearly was a quick cash-grab made for people who didn't know better. I still don't know if it's worse than the movie or not.

There are no cut versions of these videos because this game doesn't deserve it.

Episode 1: Fire Bad
Episode 2: Low profile
Episode 3: Handi-Capable
Episode 4: Guarding the Fire
Episode 5: Turret Friend
Episode 6: Jump
Episode 7: Fock
Episode 8: Teleport
Episode 9: Turbo(lift) Tunnel
Episode 10: Mind Meld
Episode 11: The Script

kalonZombie fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 5, 2016

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

JamieTheD posted:

However, I need a co-commentator who likes Eberron.

Eberron is the best post-2e setting and better than all of the other standard settings combined.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

In today's episode of Star Trek, we run into some "forced" "stealth".

Episode 2: Low profile

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Oh hey, the game throws some "variety" at us at last. Too bad it all pretty much sucks.

Episode 3: Handi-Capable

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

dex

dex why

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Yeah, don't worry about quality or whatever. People didn't give a poo poo when making these games, why should you give a poo poo making these videos?

Star Trek gets an inordinate amount of effort put into it considering I have to go through two different sets of raw footage. I'm glad I do though. The game breaks in spectacular fashion for only one of us sometimes.

Speaking of which, more Star Trek is finally on its way.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Hi. It's been a while. What's happening in the world of Star Tr... oh. Oh...

Oh...

Episode 4: Guarding the Fire

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Personally I refuse to put any amount of effort into this game. Next episode is going to have Kalon loving up massively, and it is 100% his fault. But it's also hilarious.

Says the man who only died 1 less time than me.

David D. Davidson posted:

Well that was a fine video:
Spock: I believe we can override the power grid with our tricorders
thirty seconds later
Kalon: Are we shooting theses suppression systems?

Fantastic playing as always.

To be fair I'm not paying attention to anything anyone in this game says. I'm still confused as to how the people know the Gorn have a doomsday device and how exactly they got it.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Garfield had a few good holiday cartoon specials, to be fair.

But yeah, I used to be really into the comic too. It was a rite of passage to be enamored by bad newspaper comics before the internet got huge and you could be enamored by bad webcomics instead.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

gently caress, this was a thing I was doing, wasn't it? poo poo. Dammit.

Episode 5: Turret Friend

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Spookyelectric posted:

That game really seems like torture to play.

Just wait until the next episode!

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

25 minutes worth of footage condensed down into this. I hate this game. I hate it so much.

Episode 6: Jump

I also went through the thread and added an LP or two that I had missed to the OP. If you're still reading this thread and I've missed it, let me know and I'll fix that!

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Widely regarded as one of the worst Batman games of all time, Batman: Dark Tomorrow came out in 2003 for the Gamecube and the Xbox. For some reason, the PS2 was spared this black mark of a game. It's about a shadowy figure who totally isn't Ras Al Ghul guys c'mon trying to destroy Gotham by... some... way. Gang warfare or something? I honestly couldn't give less of a poo poo.

The game looks like poo poo. Keep in mind this was made in 2003. This is the same year Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando was released. It controls like rear end, somehow simultaneously having tank controls but not? Directions on where to go are unclear, requiring a walkthrough. You get a fixed camera that changes with no warning at all, causing you to run in all sorts of weird directions. This game is garbage trash.

I originally planned on not having this be an LP at all, and just stream it. However since the game is also short as poo poo, I ended up almost beating it in one sitting, and would have if I had only had another 30-45 minutes or so. As a result, I'm making this an impromptu LP and will probably get to beating it in not too long from now.

Episode 1: Swing Batta Batta Batta Batta Swing!
Episode 2: Resetti [FILLER]
Episode 3: You're Under Bat-Arrest
Episode 4: WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?! *FART NOISE*
Episode 5: A Baseball Bat and a 2X4
Episode 6: Mandatory Sewer Level
Episode 7: Yes, This Episode Is Seriously One Room [FILLER]
Episode 8: Killer Croc of poo poo
Episode 9: Backtracking [MOSTLY FILLER]
Episode 10: Uncle
Episode 11: That isn't Schwarzenegger at all!
Episode 12: Bat Glider
Episode 13: I Want The Good Ending, For Some Reason
Episode 14: I Never Have To Play This Again! Hooray!

kalonZombie fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 8, 2016

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Whoops this game from 2003 doesn't have autosave whoops.

Episode 2: Resetti [FILLER]

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

ZeeToo posted:

I can only assume you're using images from the best Batman depiction to increase contrast with the game.

It doesn't deserve the respect of a good modern Batman, so I gave it the hokiest Batman ever.

Speaking of which, I'll be streaming the last of the game in about an hour if anyone is interested. https://www.hitbox.tv/kalonzombie

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Cathode Raymond posted:

Hrm.

So, the level design just consists of hallways and alleys packed densely with garbage?

Oh no no no.

It's much worse than that.

Eventually we bust out a walkthrough and never stop referring to it.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Hey, actual progress!

Episode 3: You're Under Bat-Arrest

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Cathode Raymond posted:

Also, please continue playing until you reach at least this point:

Well considering I beat the game last night, okay. Will do.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I accidentally put on my best AVGN impression on this episode.

Episode 4: WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?! *FART NOISE*

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

THE LESBIATHAN posted:

If you don't wanna do the Bat-Time don't do the Bat-Crime (the crime is playing this awful game).

I can't wait for all of those thugs to go free because citizen's arrests are illegal in Gotham.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Do NOT miss this Star Trek update. Even if you've been ignoring the LP up until now. This is absolutely required viewing for this thread.

Episode 7: Fock

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Mandatory sewer level hooraaaaaaaaaay.

Episde 5: A Baseball Bat and a 2X4

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

I'll set up a seperate thing in the OP for cross-posting threads, sure. Also, here is more Batman: Dark Tomorrow. We're still in the sewer. We will continue to still be in the sewer for a while.

Episode 6: Mandatory Sewer Level

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

This walkthrough is bad and useless.

Episode 7: Yes, This Episode Is Seriously One Room [FILLER]

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

That boss strategy I found against Black Mask? It works on nearly every boss of the game, but better since sudden camera angle changes don't happen as often.

Episode 8: Killer Croc of poo poo

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Here's some more loving awful Batman game. It's mostly me totally misunderstanding what to do so I end up wasting all but like the first few minutes of episode. Dark Tomorrow!

Episode 9 - Backtracking [MOSTLY FILLER]

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

This is the end of the first recording session and gently caress this loving game it was a goddamn miracle I came back to it.

Episode 10: Uncle

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

There are no ice puns for this boss fight. Only stupidity. Also this begins the second (and final) streaming session and I'm sorry that Heave and Julia are so quiet. I forgot to turn mumble back up and nobody told me in the stream chat.

Episode 11: That isn't Schwarzenegger at all!

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Remember how awesome it was to glide around in Arkham City and Arkham Knight? Yeah, you're not getting any of that here.

Episode 12: Bat Glider

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Penultimate update. I work towards the good ending, which means I'm willfully playing more game.

Episode 13: I Want The Good Ending, For Some Reason

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

You get half the endings here. If you want the other half, too bad, gently caress off. I'm never touching this game again.

Episode 14: I Never Have To Play This Again! Hooray!

By the way, I was serious when I said I was going to mail it to Lesbiathan, and she seriously framed it.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Oh wait I was playing another lovely game, wasn't I?

Episode 8: Teleport

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Sometimes I think "Say, maybe Star Trek is actually a perfectly fine video game, and we're just a couple of dumb assholes who can't do anything right". Then I watch Kalon die because he flew into a bit of debris that didn't even appear on his screen and it's like "OK yah naw, this game is dogshit".

(we're probably still dumb assholes though)

I told you there wasn't anything there.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Happy Easter! Here's some more of this loving bullshit!

Episode 9: Turbo(lift) Tunnel

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

So it turns out this game is REALLY lazy with it's models.

Episode 10: Mind Meld

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Except this takes place between movies 1 and 2 and therefore anybody who was in the second movie is going to live no matter what.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Whoops, forgot I was sitting on this episode! Whoops! WHOOPS!

Episode 11: The Script

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

How come your footage is so desaturated compared to Ape's?

Probably the difference in capture cards. He uses an older one that I gave him. It's well known that the Elgato HD60 is not exactly the best.

• Locked thread