Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

This is really great, but there's going to be an even better gif moment coming up. Probably be about the third episode, depending on how long Kalon makes these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Cowman posted:

Episode 1[/url]

The first episode of my short runthrough of Eternity's Child.

This game would be really impressive if it were a flash game on Newgrounds around 2007.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

kjetting posted:

I understand that there's probably a story reason for having two characters with different skill sets, but gameplaywise it doesn't really change anything. It seems like something that could have been used for interesting gameplay mechanics if done right, but nothing would have changed if it had been one character doing both the jumping and the shooting. I'm probably overthinking, but I find it really annoying that there's two main sprites in the game and they don't utilize it in the gameplay in any way whatsoever.

Hey thanks, you helped me pin down what this game was reminding me of. Rayman. This game is lovely Rayman. Everything this game has done the Rayman series has done a thousand times better.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Hell's bells, just have a bad guy cripple her wings in the intro, so she can only use them very briefly. BOOM, useless rear end in a top hat is gone and bonus, now you have an in-game explination for a double jump.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

mateo360 posted:

Why the gently caress is he wearing a duster on his head?

Oh you think him foolish now, but when you're walking under a low hanging ceiling and spot some cobwebs, then we'll see who's a fool.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Earnestly posted:

Nuts and bolts isn't a bad game.

Yes but it's a terrible Banjo Kazooie game.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Major_JF posted:

Yeah, they do DSP it up a bit. But, I will be generous to the game and say it is 25% the player's fault.

Personally I refuse to put any amount of effort into this game. Next episode is going to have Kalon loving up massively, and it is 100% his fault. But it's also hilarious.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

kalonZombie posted:

Says the man who only died 1 less time than me.

In fairness it's partly my fault for believing you when you decided that was impossible.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Shady Amish Terror posted:

The best part is that at a glance, the game just looks kind of bland, but then as I kept watching more and more bugs and oversights became apparent, and more and more the wonderful, fantastic, very responsive controls seemed to shine through. So it looks like a game that would merely be bland and mediocre...if everything worked the way it looks like it's supposed to, but it doesn't.

Oh, you're going to enjoy the next episode then.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

kalonZombie posted:

25 minutes worth of footage condensed down into this. I hate this game. I hate it so much.

Episode 6: Jump

I also went through the thread and added an LP or two that I had missed to the OP. If you're still reading this thread and I've missed it, let me know and I'll fix that!

OK so things that happened in that episode you didn't see.

• Myself spawning with no Tricorder or Phaser. Thankfully I was able to pick up guns so I wasn't completely useless.
  • We bumbled around for ten minutes trying to find a way to extend the bridge after Kalon decided the jump was impossible and I believed him.
  • The only reason said bumbling came to an end is I tried to commit suicide by jumping off the bridge and actually made it.
  • Our completely shocked reactions to my first time making that jump.
  • Having to sit through a 30 second unskippable cutscene every time one of us missed the jump.
  • Our growing frustration and anger after watching Kirk and Spock just fall off without even attempting to jump.
  • Seriously, gently caress that jump.
  • The general glitchiness and clipping issues that you've come to expect.

So kind of a short episode, but the next episode will more than makeup for it, with bonus special guests.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Shady Amish Terror posted:

You were right, that was incredible. At a guess, mechanically, the jumping might be trying to sync up with your walking cycle in order to create smoother, more 'cinematic' animations, at the cost of giving you completely unplayable bullshit controls where pressing jump only works immediately on certain frames of your running animation. Add to that everything else being wrong with this game and, from the looks of it, poo poo loving sucks.

See what gets me is the times where we slammed into the ledge and just flopped.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Cathode Raymond posted:

I want to see if the guide is referring to a somehow censored decapitation scene or if the game literally lacks the graphics to depict a decapitation at all.

I'm pretty sure Scarface is a puppet.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Sometimes I think "Say, maybe Star Trek is actually a perfectly fine video game, and we're just a couple of dumb assholes who can't do anything right". Then I watch Kalon die because he flew into a bit of debris that didn't even appear on his screen and it's like "OK yah naw, this game is dogshit".

(we're probably still dumb assholes though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

They brought Sulu down to the planet because he was the shuttle pilot.

It just seems like a really terrible idea to send Sulu down there when any other rear end in a top hat who can pilot a shuttle would do just as well. Then again it's also a really terrible idea for the captain and second in command to undertake a dangerous rescue mission, but I guess that's how Star Trek works.

• Locked thread