Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
their movies are garbage too except the southerpark movie whcih merely sucked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
South Park's been on for so long that it's like the Simpsons.

It might be worse than the Simpsons. I saw some recent Simpsons screenshots and clips and they looked funny and topical (I'm not gonna actually watch new episodes though).

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrimMyOoEDA

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Ddraig posted:

Best episodes are objectively the Timmy and Jimmy episodes.

and butters episodes

e: and randy episodes

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the simpsons at its peak was about 5 billion times better than south park at its peak. it is a laughable comparison to make. see yourself out.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

thathonkey posted:

Orgasmo is good and the beginning of Cannibal The Musical has promise that is never delivered on. Baseketball is ok.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

hemophilia posted:

Orgasmo is good and the beginning of Cannibal The Musical has promise that is never delivered on. Baseketball is ok.

i remember team america being good enough

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the team america movie was ok. people who quote it on the other hand...

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
People who hate South Park do so as they can see themselves as one of the hosed up flawed characters.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

thathonkey posted:

Team America had a solid first half and then a horribly unfunny 2nd part. 'lol dicks in asses'

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

thathonkey posted:

the simpsons at its peak was about 5 billion times better than south park at its peak. it is a laughable comparison to make. see yourself out.

*homer does something stupid*

*something random happens*

"The simpsons are going to Khazakstan!"

*Cliffhanger involving a volcano*

*family is saved and everything goes back to normal*

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
the south park video game

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
Randy is my favorite character.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
........................................... BUTTERS!!!!! LOL

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Would be nice to see an actually funny goon weigh in with their opinions on south park.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
i like the episode where cartman is always inviting butters over for sleepovers, and it's revealed that cartman is really taking pictures of himself pooping on butters while he's asleep

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
The creators showed up to the VMAs dressed in JayLos dress on acid. Thats kick rear end in my book.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's had some really good stuff, even recently like that video game, but as with any show the cult around it is loving annoying. Yes we get it you find Randy and Butters cute and every time there's a new episode you start quoting it before the credits have even rolled and no you're not fooling anyone we know this is actually how you stay up on current events and politics you idiot stoner gently caress my god just drown in a shallow pool.

But yeah the creators aren't bad. I think they mostly checked out 4-5 years ago and are now in that same place the Simpsons VAs are where they mostly just collect a crazy good check for relatively little work, only now they can infuse whatever poo poo strikes their fancy.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

South Park sucks. Also Book of Mormon. Tangentially related but so does Avenue Q. Keep going down the list. It's poo poo all the way

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
wow a discussion about cartoons heres a better idea kill yourself

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Chinatown posted:

wow a discussion about cartoons heres a better idea kill yourself

you talking poo poo on the flintstones?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

They've had a ton of opportunities to walk away from south park and its not like their other creative output isnt' beloved. Their dumb play swept the tonys the year it premiered and they pretty much get to make a movie whenever they want. They could print money in just about any way they want, but they go back to south park which has them working nearly non-stop for 9 or 10 weeks or more at a time every year.

I don't think they've checked out really. When they check out they'll just end the show.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Lascivious Sloth posted:

the sickest burn was caused by my dick in your mum

ok i'll stop now

eh. Shoulda quit while you were ahead

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
they had an episode where cartman pretends to be trans so he can use the girls bathroom and then it sets off everyone switching bathrooms by pretending to be trans and there's a special bathroom and it was an okay episode i guess

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Whatev posted:

It's more bland and dull than offensively bad these days.

It's had some laughs through the years, though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpokjMDGM60

this is still my favorite episode

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
last year there were season-long arcs where randy is actually lorde and cartman kickstarted a company that does nothing. i'd say the show currently offers approximately 0.17 kilohyucks per minute

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

you talking poo poo on the flintstones?

:nexus:

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
I forgot, the first 2 seasons of Metalocalypse are pretty good if you like rock / metal. Some eps are poo poo but on the plus side each one is 10 mins long so it doesn't really matter. Very dark humour at points, might be your bag OP.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
this isnt the thread to talk about all of the lovely gay adult swim shows you pretend to like because you think it makes you sound edgy and cool. it's a thread about how south park sucks pls stay on topic

b0bS4get
Apr 3, 2009
If you don't enjoy watching it, why don't you just not watch it. Instead of coming here and telling us that you're not watching it.

Post that on your facebook or some poo poo.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

thathonkey posted:

this isnt the thread to talk about all of the lovely gay adult swim shows you pretend to like because you think it makes you sound edgy and cool. it's a thread about how south park sucks pls stay on topic

Uh oh. Someone's a grumpy customer.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

you yabba dabba dickhead

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxeS2kkjpQg

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

South Park is a pretty funny show. Sorry your funny bone must be broken.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0HnziwyLRc

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Is Randy the best character ever? Cause I haven't heard that for the 87th loving time today.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
Hang on, bitter old goons don't like something?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z3O83jgwBc

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

mind the walrus posted:

Is Randy the best character ever? Cause I haven't heard that for the 87th loving time today.

Not really.
He's the man child character, hence why all the man children like him.

Now Cartman is the best character.
Maybe because I am fat too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I'm going to break all of your bones except your funny bone which already must be broken if you think south park is pretty funny

• Locked thread