Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
the shield was good, the wire was good. Another good show is Dragonball Z

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Poot knew how to play the game

<3 poot <3

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I was actually glad when johnny weeks bit it. I hated his loving character. wearing a colostomy bag and HIV positive and not even trying to be anything less than a huge piece of poo poo anyway. I cheered for his death and I was annoyed/upset at how Stringer got capped.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Seriously though, everyone should watch The Shield. They're remastering it in 4k now.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

starry skies above posted:

He was just a kid. I'm talking about the adults. Even the junkies had superb social skills like Bubbles.

have you ever met a junkie?

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Slim was the ultimate gangster in the end.

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp

Hobohemian posted:

The dyke assassin and the kid that shot Omar.

They were the true gangsters.

:3:

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
that little kid was a bitch but snoop was cool

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp

XMNN posted:

that little kid was a bitch but snoop was cool

Snoop! Thats her name. :3:

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Hobohemian posted:

"look at this sentimental motherfucker! now we short the nine!"

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Also, none of the characters had Down Syndrome, which isn't very realistic, based on my personal experience.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!
OP basically can't believe bubbles is so socially competent. Why you hating on the crackheads op?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
the white dopefiend that bubbles hangs around with is pretty goony. the one who gets his rear end kicked and ends up in hospital

and the black kid he hangs out with is an odd one too

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

XMNN posted:

the white dopefiend that bubbles hangs around with is pretty goony. the one who gets his rear end kicked and ends up in hospital

and the black kid he hangs out with is an odd one too

He gets aids and continues sharing needles too

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqFu57XcHy8
he probably posts in tcc

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
landsman is a pretty goony guy, fat and trolls santangelo, among others

also uses his dick as a prop in his anecdotes

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
I liked the bit when Marlo finally loses his cool in the holding cell after he finds out he was called out by Omar on the streets. Really good scene.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Ziggy, Prez and D'Angelo at least were all goons

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
bubbles was savvy as gently caress

tyin off cleats for real

you see bubbles used to harpoon whales

then one night bubbles heard the whales singing... after that, bubbles would always miss

bubbles lose job :(

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Sep 6, 2015

hillaryous clinton
May 11, 2003

super dynamic
Taco Defender

Chromatic posted:

Seriously though, everyone should watch The Shield. They're remastering it in 4k now.

Like 80% of that dumb show is Vic Mackey driving around, and corrupt people unrealistically caving to every minor threat he makes. The final season was even worse, with most of it taking place inside Vic's car while he yells on his stupid flip phone. It was kind of bad. Not in the same league as The Wire.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

maninacape posted:

Like 80% of that dumb show is Vic Mackey driving around, and corrupt people unrealistically caving to every minor threat he makes. The final season was even worse, with most of it taking place inside Vic's car while he yells on his stupid flip phone. It was kind of bad. Not in the same league as The Wire.

Yeah but it made for a great show.

The Wire was a better work of art tho

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

starry skies above posted:

Like, most of the characters are super self-confident, articulate, no nonsense folk who don' take poo poo from anyone. And this is a show praised for its realism. It's frightening to think the real world is filled with such people.

That program made me feel socially inferior.

This is what the world was like before the internet.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Chromatic posted:

Are you sure? Because they didn't even release it in HD because it uses a lovely filming technique or some poo poo.

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

Raldikuk posted:

Are you sure? Because they didn't even release it in HD because it uses a lovely filming technique or some poo poo.

Shawn Ryan posted:

Since we filmed on 16mm film and not digitally, Shield is an ideal candidate for this. Plus we always filmed for widescreen safe.

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-shield-remasters/

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

the wire is meant to be smart but Stringer Bell goes to college and goes to a macroeconomic class where they teach him about price elasticity and demand which is clearly microeconomics

i don't know how the creator of the show could make that mistake

AlwaysBeSithing
Aug 27, 2015

by Ralp

Fonzarelli posted:

the wire is meant to be smart but Stringer Bell goes to college and goes to a macroeconomic class where they teach him about price elasticity and demand which is clearly microeconomics

i don't know how the creator of the show could make that mistake

the creator of the show is some kind of hippie leftist or something.

Ah Map
Oct 9, 2012
I found the wire very realistic because I can never remember anyone's name in it apart from the gay black guy who goes round murdering people, just like in my real life.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Nice dolphin nigga

mmmm
Jul 26, 2010

hey
you're one of them fancy lads, ain't ya?

Pawn 17 posted:

Did you want to watch a show about people with Asperger's dealing drugs from their moms' basements?

sort of want to

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

Nefarious posted:

also d'angelo's whole thing was that he was a passive beta niceguy who wasn't cut out for slingin

It's actually "slangin"

usage example: EYE BEEE SLAAAANGEN!!!

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

cutty hosed a lot of mums

mcnutty was kind of an antisocial drunk but amy ryan tamed the beast with her sweet fire cooter

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

got dem wmds

slangin tits

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Ah Map posted:

I found the wire very realistic because I can never remember anyone's name in it apart from the gay black guy who goes round murdering people, just like in my real life.

you mean you couldn't tell any characters apart in a show where everyone talks in the same hard-bitten bullshit writerly dialogue and swears all the time? #bestshowever

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Horniest Manticore posted:

you mean you couldn't tell any characters apart in a show where everyone talks in the same hard-bitten bullshit writerly dialogue and swears all the time? #bestshowever

Alright, I'll take this one.

Realistic or not a show without dialogue that's poignant and creatively licensed to some degree would be garbo. Go watch a reality show.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Jellidelic posted:

Alright, I'll take this one.

Realistic or not a show without dialogue that's poignant and creatively licensed to some degree would be garbo. Go watch a reality show.

creatively licensed?

e: oh, like taking creative license? if anything, it doesn't do enough of that since every loving character speaks in the same tiresome toughguy patter. which, i dunno, is maybe what they'd really do, but it becomes wearying slogging through episode after episode of that.

Horniest Manticore fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Sep 6, 2015

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Horniest Manticore posted:

creatively licensed?

I had my doubts about that phrasing. I mean like, the writers take creative license with how the conversation would actually go irl.

E: I see it more as careful yet assertive manners of speaking in highly political environments than I do just tough-guy pitter patter.

Jellidelic fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Sep 6, 2015

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

im a tough guy and i dont pitter patter lmao

get a load of this guy

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The Wire was good, but not the best how ever or anything. The dialogue was fine mostly but some of the plotting wasn't real compelling like half of season 2 and the final season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pr0p
Dec 8, 2011
Actually the dialog in the wire is pretty realistic. If it was written badly many of the scenes would drag the gently caress on. And nearly every character is broken. McNulty socially competent? lol

e: Shield was good but at a certain point the level of convenient poo poo happening to preserve the premise was Dexter-level. And every female hosed The Thing. WTF

• Locked thread