Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
it's all dumb/gay/insular American genre fiction now

sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
tough as nails Space American Dick McHardslab solves another cyber-crime, new exciting novel

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Aniara, if you can get it

you'll be the most cultured nerd at the convention

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Rutibex posted:

yeah but once you get to the point where humans are just the pets of god-like AIs you may as well be writing a fantasy novel. no one could ever know what a computer thats a million times smarter than a human would do, so it's just baseless speculation. I've read isaac asimovs "The Last Question" and that's good enough for me. the best sci-fi is about what humans might do with technology that doesnt exist, but we know is physically possible

"A good science fiction story should be able to predict not the automobile but the traffic jam"

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Pohl posted:

2 of my favorite series of books are both really, well, weird.

David Feintuch wrote some books. They were good, but they were really loving weird. There is a lot of spanking and authoritarianism. If you can get past that, they are good reads.

The other was David Gerrold. He wrote the original "trouble with triffids", story for Star Trek, and wrote a lot of the Enterprise series.
He wrote some books about 20 years ago that were really loving good, but they were also very loving weird sexually. That was because he was gay and was I believe hiding it at that time, so you get this great book with just random and crazy poo poo.

Gerrold is still one of my favorite authors, be gay and be happy, just stop making GBS threads your quality books up with sex scenes that would make ron jeremy uncomfortable.

weird how

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
I want to know

• Locked thread