Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
There are so many different drinks you can get at the bar and a lot of them sound really good but you have to be careful because if you ask for the wrong one then the bar tender will say the name of the drink like its in quotation marks like "one 'mellon ball' coming right up" and the people in the bar will laugh and say "melon ball". What are some of the tasty sounding but infamous drinks to avoid so you dont make a big mistake and rear end out of yourself in the bar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
You should order a Sazerac. That's a good drink.

Do not order a "pink taco", that is a bad drink.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

order a glass of milk

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

I like him in spite of the fact that he's not me.
sorry to hear about your crippling social anxiety that makes you worry about such trivial things

i hear that alcohol works to take the edge off of stressful social situations, maybe a drink or two

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Pink taco sounds good though what is it

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

symbolic posted:

order a glass of milk
In a dirty glass

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
a 'cement mixer" is a good drink.

a 'gin and tonic' is a bad drink.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

symbolic posted:

order a glass of milk

I think if I do this then they will know I am not old enough to drink alcohol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

a bay posted:

I think if I do this then they will know I am not old enough to drink alcohol
grow a beard you big baby

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
long island

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

symbolic posted:

grow a beard you big baby

I already have big beard because Im a man I just want to know the fail drinks to steer clear of like Shirley Temple and I dont like beer

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
order some booty sweat

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Gaunab posted:

order some booty sweat

Is that actually a drink name? I thought a "Singapore Sling" was an actual sling for a while but it turns out its a drink

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

a bay posted:

I already have big beard because Im a man I just want to know the fail drinks to steer clear of like Shirley Temple and I dont like beer

Okay first of all Shirley Temples are non-alcoholic, it's pretty much just cherry sprite

Second, they are delicious

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Ask for a dirty bong water.

GewuerzKahn
Jan 7, 2014

My opposable nipples are hurting me.
Coconut Kiss

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

a bay posted:

Pink taco sounds good though what is it

I'm not sure, my friend said he'd buy me a shot so I asked him to get me the girliest shot possible. It tasted like the bubble gum flavored medicine you get when you're 6 and have an ear infection.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
hey buddy you want a seabreeze to go with that vagina

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
good drinks:

negroni
old fashioned
whiskey sour
schlitz
gin and tonic
manhattan
boulevadier
tecate
whiskey
rye whiskey

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
please stop drinking because i stopped drinking and i loving hate watching other people do something i used to really like doing so please come over here and be miserable and boring with me okay?

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Enfield posted:

hey buddy you want a seabreeze to go with that vagina

Of course I do but Im going to get something that will impress people instead

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

logical phalluses posted:

good drinks:

negroni
old fashioned
whiskey sour
schlitz
gin and tonic
manhattan
boulevadier
tecate
whiskey
rye whiskey

amaretto sour

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

BigBoss posted:

a 'gin and tonic' is a bad drink.

OP don't listen to this guy, a G+T is refreshing as h*ck and will show the barman and everyone around you that you are a classy gentleman

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

a bay posted:

There are so many different drinks you can get at the bar and a lot of them sound really good but you have to be careful because if you ask for the wrong one then the bar tender will say the name of the drink like its in quotation marks like "one 'mellon ball' coming right up" and the people in the bar will laugh and say "melon ball". What are some of the tasty sounding but infamous drinks to avoid so you dont make a big mistake and rear end out of yourself in the bar?

This but with Starbucks, I still have no clue what all that poo poo on the wall menu means, I never know what to order so I order a "coffee" then they ask me what size, I say "medium" and they say "Oh you mean, (gibberish)"? and I'm like, yeah sure that.

At a bar though? no sympathy even if I am the last man in the civilized world that doesn't know how to order at a Starbucks.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
did bars in the old west have refrigerators? i don't think so!

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

a bay posted:

Of course I do but Im going to get something that will impress people instead

Order a Beefeater Martini on the rocks. It's the drink of a hard working man with a smile on his lips and a song in his heart.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

the best drink is a penicillin, it is one of a crop of "new drinks" based on old classics, boy is it tasty!!

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Order a Malibu Bae Breeze

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
gin and tonics are reslly good

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Ha ha OP you picked a GIIIIIIRLSSSSS DRIIIIINK

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
Used to play a bar game where you had to order a mixed drink that you had heard of, but never had before. And that is how I discovered my favorite mixed drink, the Tom Collins.

I don't claim its the best, just my favorite. When they're done right they're great.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i think its funny people laugh at a margarita and then order a jack and coke

every mixed drink, yes every mixed drink ever is dumb as gently caress and for babies addicted to sugar

things to order are craft beer, top shelf whiskey, any shelf scotch. nothing else, idiot bitch

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

go into a "speakeasy" and with an air of relaxed superiority order a penicillin

trust me this will get your dick wet in NO TIME

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

extra stout posted:

i think its funny people laugh at a margarita and then order a jack and coke

every mixed drink, yes every mixed drink ever is dumb as gently caress and for babies addicted to sugar

things to order are craft beer, top shelf whiskey, any shelf scotch. nothing else, idiot bitch

lol you are an idiot who is literally immune to joy

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
one time i was training up some idiot who was 400 ppunds and 7 feet tall and no self awareness and was probably high as balls and at the end of his shift he was like "i want a shift drink" so the bartender made him the gayest pink frilly garnished fag drink ever and he got mad and left

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

nomadologique posted:

lol you are an idiot who is literally immune to joy

i bet you have a three-minute defense of your drinking choices lined up every time you go to the bar

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

yes, my three-minute defense is to drink my first drink and order another

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

cram me sideways posted:

i bet you have a three-minute defense of your drinking choices lined up every time you go to the bar

what does this even mean

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Stimulate the Greek economy by ordering yourself a tall glass of Ouzo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Enfield posted:

one time i was training up some idiot who was 400 ppunds and 7 feet tall and no self awareness and was probably high as balls and at the end of his shift he was like "i want a shift drink" so the bartender made him the gayest pink frilly garnished fag drink ever and he got mad and left

I would have played it cool and say something like This is definitely not something I would order because Im not a girl but it is refreshing and delicious

• Locked thread