Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

:siren: trigger warning: rape :siren:

india is really messed up in a few ways, mostly to do with rape. first of all, a lot of people rape. second of all, women are sometimes sentenced to rape as a form of punishment by local village councils.

Al Jazeera posted:

A 22-year-old woman is critical after being allegedly gang-raped by 13 men on the orders of village elders in India’s eastern state of West Bengal, reports say.

The elders meted out the rape as punishment for the woman’s involvement with a man from another community. The 13 men involved in ordering the punishment and in the rape have been arrested, reports said.

“It’s horrific. They (rapists) are all our neighbours and I call some of them as kaka (uncle) and some others as dada (elder brother) or bhai (brother),” said a report in The Hindustan Times newspaper, quoting the woman.

:barf:

when rape isn't blamed on the women, it's blamed on chinese food or simple "accidents"

Global Post posted:

“To my understanding, consumption of fast food contributes to [rape],” said Jitender Chhatar, expressing a special prejudice against Chinese food. "Chowmein leads to hormonal imbalance evoking an urge to indulge in such acts.”

Even officials as high-ranking as the minister responsible for law and order in the state of Chattisgarh believes this: “Nobody rapes deliberately, such incidents are just an accident,” Ramsewak Paikra said.

The former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh echoed such views when, in arguing against the death penalty for rapists, he said simply: “Men make mistakes. When their friendship ends, the girl complains she has been raped.”

One politician believed that 90 percent of rapes are consensual. Another former chief minister, Om Prakash Chautala, held women’s sexuality responsible for rapes. “Girls should be married at the age of 16, so that they have their husbands for their sexual needs, and they don’t need to go elsewhere,” he said.

they also like to blame condom commercials and western influence, which is pretty ludicrous because Indian films are all pretty PG when it comes to sex and to my knowledge never show it happening, even in just under-the-sheets sex scenes sans-titties. in Bollywood, babies are made through giant, colourful dance scenes, if i'm not mistaken.

but maybe, as in America, the media is making a bigger stink now about a particular issue, but the issue itself is actually on the decline? such as police brutality. while it's still very serious, media coverage of it started going up after incidents started going down. not the case in india, rape is actually on the rise.

but make no mistake rape is bad in the west too and there's no shortage of politicians who will blame women and pass laws making abortion from rape difficult or impossible.

anyway share whatever you want about india. thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I heard I can cure my gout and goiter by bathing in the Ganges c/d?

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
lol i was about to totally chastise you on making an indian rape thread but those quotes are truly gold so ill vote this a 4

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

:yikes:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i thought you said indiana

still made sense

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

whoa, first i have heard of this rape thing in india

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Please respect 5 million year old culture

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

quote:

anyway share whatever you want about india. thank you

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
i love chow mein chow muh muh muh muh mein

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

"nonono she ASKED me to rape her, officer! i'm a man so i do not lie."
"...fair enough, stone the vixen!

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I hear they rape in other countries besides india c/d

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

im the thought sperm invading her megavag

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Ka0 posted:

I hear they rape in other countries besides india c/d

c

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Sorry about the rapes i was all hopped up on chow mein and condom commercials

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
I wonder if they legalized guns but ONLY for women what would happen

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Voting 4 until Agag shows up

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
This is what happens when you don't heed the warnings of Mr. Antoine Dodson.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Every single one of these pictures gives me an erection

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Man if she's in critical condition, wtf were they doing to her? I mean 13 tiny India dicks couldn't do that damage.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Why didn't mongols take over all of India? Were they also just like, "Gross" and turned around?

momerath
Nov 15, 2014

india is good

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Wasn't India supposed to be the next China? An industrial power house that produces our garden gnomes.

What the gently caress went wrong?

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
*Sniffs chowmein off hokkers rear end*

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

kikkelivelho posted:

Wasn't India supposed to be the next China? An industrial power house that produces our garden gnomes.

What the gently caress went wrong?

Hindu culture is self destructive

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
<dashes up to the roof, switches on the Keg Signal>

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Darth123123 posted:

Man if she's in critical condition, wtf were they doing to her? I mean 13 tiny India dicks couldn't do that damage.

unlike tumbler rape, real violent rape typically involves punching and other poo poo iirc

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

ElGroucho posted:

Why didn't mongols take over all of India? Were they also just like, "Gross" and turned around?

I read one of the reasons was the fact that their bows wouldn't have worked in the humid climate.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

hemophilia posted:

Sorry about the rapes i was all hopped up on chow mein and condom commercials

Man I love Chow Mein too. I have yet to go incredible hulk rapey though.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Al Borland posted:

Man I love Chow Mein too. I have yet to go incredible hulk rapey though.

then you havent had really good chow mein

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
forbidden lesbian i found another racism thread for you to gas

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Vishnu is the light.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I tried Chai tea for the first time today and it was really good. I don't know if it was good enough to excuse the rape tho

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

DrManiac posted:

I tried Chai tea for the first time today and it was really good. I don't know if it was good enough to excuse the rape tho

All rapists will taste the wrath of Vishnu's mace, before they are reincarnated as pinworms. Chai tea and curry are good, alone or together.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
cool another india thread!

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Nooner posted:

All beings are part of a single monad, thus all threads are india threads. Namaste.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
"Devastating gang rape at all-you-can-eat Chinese Buffet in Delhi"

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
No one cares about brown people in far away places OP

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Nooner posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcawnRIyeok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
http://thinkprogress.org/security/2013/01/11/1435191/report-rape-often-a-political-tool-in-india/

quote:

Drafted by the Working Group on Human Rights in India and the UN (WGHR), “Human Rights in India: Status Report 2012” covers the gamut of human rights failures that take place within the state. Several sections deal with sexual assault and violence towards women in both conflict zones and during peacetime, highlighting the neglect that many of these cases face from the legal system and authorities. Among other statistics the WGHR uncovered, one of the most staggering is that “every 60 minutes two women are raped, and every six hours a young married woman is found beaten to death, burnt or driven to suicide.”

Security forces within India are frequent perpetrators of violence against women, according to the report, though the stigma associated with victimhood results in cases of rape being under reported. At one point, the report accused the armed forces of thwarting investigations where “circumstantial evidence strongly indicates the involvement of armed forces.” Prosecution of those in the armed forces discharged for committing rape is particularly difficult as well, thanks to provisions in India’s legal system that require a waiver from the state or central government to allow charges to go forward.

holy loving poo poo india

• Locked thread