Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
The Simpsons hasn't been cancelled yet so you can't mention it.

Steve Yun posted:

If you look over their entire history I think they actually make an effort to keep things fresh and they're willing to evolve their worldviews a little bit and take some risks by arguing against popular opinion on several political matters

Like Climate Change! Oh wait, they've been doing that consistently since ManBearPig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Plus, the S3 finale ties everything together in a neat little box, so perhaps FOX cancelled it at the right time- but they clearly abandoned it before it was expended, forcing it to wrap itself up. Dunno if I'll go back to the new eps, but I'm always looking for something new to watch rather than just rewatching my favourite old shows.

This is funny because a lot of people hated Season 3 before S4 came out, especially the MRF stuff.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I never really watched HIMYM but the first season seemed cute and the reveal (that I found out later) about him meeting "their Aunt Robin" was interesting. Kind of a shame that they went back to that exact plot point in the finale and played it straight.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Shima Honnou posted:

Regular Law & Order probably should have ended after Orbach died and definitely after Martin left. I can hardly remember any of the later episodes compared to the stuff from early 2000s.

The last few were pretty good.

Also some people say SVU should've ended after Stabler left but it's still been a pretty funny show.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

WITNESS THE POWER! posted:

Whenever I hear about Grey's Anatomy, a show I've never watched in my life, my reaction is "Wait, that's still on?"

...I've been having this reaction for the past 5 years.

11 goddamn seasons and an upcoming 12th one. It just seems like one of those shows that will survive forever, no matter what.

Speaking of this, CSI (yes, the original one that outlasted its two spinoffs) is finally ending with a two part TV movie next Sunday.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Shima Honnou posted:

I'd say it was the end of a loving era right there, but there's another spinoff that's still rolling.

Yeah but apparently the ratings for that one are equivalent to the last season of CSI vanilla so it might not have a long shelf life.

Which in CBS terms means it'll probably get 4-5 seasons and only get cancelled because they have another successful show to replace it.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sleeveless posted:

Except for The Cape.

That gave us #sixseasonsandamovie so I don't know where it falls.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Mokinokaro posted:

EDIT: Another one that's still going but should've ended at least a few seasons ago: Bones

Sort of? The will-they-won't-they of a few seasons ago was terrible, much worse than the current stuff. At the same time though this show is a very different beast compared with S1-3 or so.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Shima Honnou posted:

Nah Foochsman that's normal. That '70s Show totally should have been axed seasons before it actually was but it's still one of my fav live-action shows, at least the good seasons. I imagine most people born between 1980 and 2000 probably have a similar thing going with The Simpsons.

Personally, the Simpsons are like how SNL was described for me - I can appreciate the earlier seasons, but the ones I know and remember best are the ones that I saw when I was ~10 (so around 2002).

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

DrBouvenstein posted:

I mean, you're allowed to like what you want, but I'm pretty sure the 2000's /Aughts (2000/2001-2010) is generally considered the worst run of the show by most fans and critics.

No, that tends to be [The Present Year].

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

The End posted:

Sorry but that's a false equivalency . Religion requires belief, science demands testing and repeatable results. If it can't be tested, it remains firmly in the theoretical realm. Religion starts there. It's pretty much the fundamental difference between the two.

There exists a "Religion of Science" that culturally has the same characteristics as traditional faiths. The Singularity is an example of this.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
It's gonna be hilarious to see South Park outlive the Simpsons.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Man, House. What a wasted opportunity. I remember hoping that we were seeing the beginning of a downward spiral that would end with him basically killing himself in the finale.

That would've been the worst ending until Dexter.

Actually ending it a season early like a lot of people wanted to would've been the worst ending until Dexter (reminder: this is where he crashes his car into his boss's house and the last scene is him on a tropical island somewhere).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

legoman727 posted:

How the hell has Bones not been cancelled yet? It's been a steady downward decline since they made Zach into a serial killer's assistant. And it's STILL GOING.

I dunno, after they finally said "let's sleep together" it's evened out into a mediocre show.

That was about 4 seasons ago.

• Locked thread