Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
pfff looks liek the GENIUSES couldnt figure out a responsive website LOL

god so funny...

ALSO—:mexico: méxico has a BETTER site than the :911: USA mensa

lol man lol @ them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I like how the membership benefits section lists no real benefits that anyone would care about.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
smooth move, ex-lax

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

the only people that get mensa memberships are people who don't do anything that suggests they're intelligent, so they need a little card to say it

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

quote:

Does Mensa Provide Intellectual Stimulation?

Think-two-three, think-two-three! Mensa provides intriguing ways to flex your mental muscles. You'll find intellectual resources in national magazines, in local newsletters, and at regional, national and international conventions.

Whatever your passion, there's almost certain to be a Special Interest Group (SIG) filled with other Mensans who share it! Mensa offers approximately 200 SIGs, in mind-boggling profusion from African Violets to zoology. Along the way you'll find microbiology, and systems analysis, but you'll also find Sherlock Holmes, chocolate and Star Trek. There are the expected: biochemistry, space science, economics -- and the unexpected: poker, roller-skating, scuba diving, UFOs and witchcraft. There are SIGs for breadmaking, winemaking, cartooning, silversmithing, and clowning. Heraldry, semantics and Egyptology co-exist with beekeeping, motorcycling and tap dancing. Sports SIGs cover the classics (baseball, basketball, and football) and the not-so-classic (skeet shooting, hang gliding, skydiving). And any Mensan who can't find a SIG to join can easily start one.

tards have Sigs, just like FYAD

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
paging Franco

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Does Mensa Provide Intellectual Stimulation?

Think-two-three, think-two-three!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I wonder if the Mensa Forum has people arguing endlessly in circles for hours or if all their threads reach logical conclusions with everyone in agreement.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Applewhite posted:

I wonder if the Mensa Forum has people arguing endlessly in circles for hours or if all their threads reach logical conclusions with everyone in agreement.

lmao

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
The Mensa membership year begins April 1 and ends March 31.

Want to join in March? That will be $70 in March and another $70 in April. If this doesn't make sense maybe you just don't belong in Mensa.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

take the practice quiz some goon

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

The Twinkie Czar posted:

The Mensa membership year begins April 1 and ends March 31.

Want to join in March? That will be $70 in March and another $70 in April. If this doesn't make sense maybe you just don't belong in Mensa.

*scores 160 or better on IQ test*

*pays :10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux: to be a member of a lovely forum*

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Applewhite posted:

What do Mensans think about gamergate

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

lol burnskie

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

This is one of those deals like in King of the Hill when every person who takes the test passes and gets the opportunity to buy their name in a "book of geniuses" isn't it?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Al Cowens posted:

What do Mensans think about gamergate

I bet they've got the problem licked.

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

i like how there are other high iq societies with more stringent requirements

wikipedia posted:

Top 2 percent of population (98th percentile; 1 person out of 50; approximately IQ 130):
Mensa International – as of January 2014, ~110,000 members from ~100 countries; annual dues for American Mensa are $70 (dues differ by country).
Top 1 percent (99th percentile; 1 out of 100; approximately IQ 135):
Intertel – as of January 2014, 1,300-1,400 members; annual dues are $39.
Top 0.1 percent (99.9th percentile; 1 out of 1,000; approximately IQ 146):
Triple Nine Society – as of July 2015, 1,600-1,650 members from 47 countries; annual dues are $10.
International Society for Philosophical Enquiry – as of December 2014, 410 members; annual dues are $50 ($37.50 for over-65).
Top 0.003 percent (99.997th percentile; 1 out of 30,000; approximately IQ 160):
Prometheus Society – as of January 2014, ~120 members; annual dues are $50.
Top 0.0001 percent (not reliable with current tests):
Mega Society – as of January 2014, 26 members

it's cool because nobody knows what any of these other things are so these people, who have high iqs, are paying for memberships to a thing that nobody knows or gives a gently caress about

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
I have a mensa card but i dont tell anybody . its not even on my resume. the self esteem boost is all i require

Don Mega
Nov 26, 2005
is there a tinder for mensa?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Don Mega posted:

is there a tinder for mensa?

Grindr.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Mindr

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

http://www.megasociety.org/

here's issue #69 of their editorial NOESIS

Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
I am/was in Mensa, was a dream since being a teen (yeah, I'm sad like that), and when I did pass the test and got in, I applied and received the Mensa credit card. Had no benefits, but made me feel special.

And special it did, until I used it to pay for dinner at our local Mexican restaurant. The waitress took it, looked at it, and at the register called a couple of guys over and they looked at it, pointed at me discretely, smiled, and then brought back the check. Curious, I went home and translated 'Mensa' from Spanish to English.

The result was 'Idiot'.

That was the last time the credit card was used.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i imagine a mensa forum is like d&d but somehow more pedantic autism

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Bob Loblaw posted:

I am/was in Mensa, was a dream since being a teen (yeah, I'm sad like that), and when I did pass the test and got in, I applied and received the Mensa credit card. Had no benefits, but made me feel special.

And special it did, until I used it to pay for dinner at our local Mexican restaurant. The waitress took it, looked at it, and at the register called a couple of guys over and they looked at it, pointed at me discretely, smiled, and then brought back the check. Curious, I went home and translated 'Mensa' from Spanish to English.

The result was 'Idiot'.

That was the last time the credit card was used.

hows your autism?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

its even worse because its the feminine of menso so he's a girly idiot

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

gently caress da Mods posted:

tards have Sigs, just like FYAD

and goonswarm federation

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.
Well they are smart, not artistic is the simple answer.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
wow great find op just laughing so loud rn cant stop gently caress

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

these guys are proud of almost making it.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
i have an IQ of 178 but I can't figure out CSS3, nor can I figure out vague generalized non-specific statements like 'Whenever, I'll get around to it' without having some sort of fit.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Jst0rm posted:

these guys are proud of almost making it.

god what a sad try hard club

bet theyre convos are like

DURRRRR

DUUuuuRRRRR

duuuuRRRR

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

my parents had us take iq tests when we were kids and then didn't tell us the results. they say its because they didn't want us to have "big egos" but really we knew its cuz we dumb

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
where are their forums. i wanr to see them.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBlUxgs1J9Q

:ironicat:

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

so cool

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

I hope no one will mind if I construe an invitation to enlarge on some of its themes

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Applewhite posted:

*scores 160 or better on IQ test*

*pays :10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux: to be a member of a lovely forum*

wow you got ripped off i only paid :10bux:

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

deep impact on vhs posted:

wow you got ripped off i only paid :10bux:

no u paid 5 dollars for the av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

gently caress da Mods posted:

no u paid 5 dollars for the av

gently caress...i'm owned

• Locked thread