Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

First floor of Demolition is the example of everything bad in level design of this game, as in HUGE open areas that you can barely capture with one screen
Also I find it weird that Richter's mom talks about his father being in a dream, considering the ending scene

dasmause fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Sep 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

I believe Pardo has hidden perks that improves his firearm handling, like turn speed and stuff

On another note, gently caress Takeover, that level amost made me quit. Good thing I didn't, pay-off was amazing

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

You said in the beginning of hard mode that Henchman and Son died in the opening cutscenes differently than in the game... did they? Cause I think the bodies match up

Also something of note about the last level of act 2: Tony is not there for the execution, and he just watches if you play as him. That's probably to highlight that he doesn't really have an anti-russian agenda or anything and just does it for fun

And another thing about Richard (which was probably discussed earlier), which adds another point to him being Grim Reaper of sorts: when he appears to various characters, he taunts and mocks those who caused their own downfall in some way, but he's not as hostile to those who were forced into violence by circumstances (Beard, Evan and Richter). This is even more apparent in the hard mode's opening scene

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Lacedaemonius posted:

I must have misspoke. The son's body matches up, but the henchman's is different (face down with a hole in his head in the intro), though I *think* he's the only one.

He doesn't have a hole, his head is just smashed. His other injuries you can't see so well, but the healthy hand matches up. Also he's face down cause he's in a chair that scene, like everybody else

Delta Green posted:

What I really liked about the Normal Ending is how Richard and Richter just talk calmly, without any confusion or cryptic comments. Richter isn't surprised at all by Richard's appearance and outright asks "Are they on to me? How long do I have? Can I do anything about it?" and Richard outright tells him "No, this is much worse. Not long. No one can." And Richter, unlike everyone else, just accepts it.

Out of all the characters, I think only Richter finally understood who and what Richard was. Probably because he was the most normal of all of them and had the most time to think about it.

Where the others were surrounded by representations and presences of Death and thus confused Richard for an hallucination or dream, only the one most removed and distant from it could see when the Reaper truly came for him.

Which, ironically, makes him Richard's best friend.

Another weird thing is that when Richter's mom was describing her dream, she was describing the ending scene, but also said that Richter was there with his dad. This very strange

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Discendo Vox posted:

Richter's father is dead.

I never meant to say otherwise. It just makes me feel as if Richard and Richter's father are supposed to be related somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

bman in 2288 posted:

Well, I mean, they are.

Whaaaaaa
That's news to me

• Locked thread