Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Matey posted:

And still I see no changes, can't a brother get a little peace
It's war on the streets and a war in the Middle East
Instead of war on poverty
They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me

-poet laureate tupac shakur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
europeans are a savage people at heart

their nations were founded by barbarians and for hundreds of years before there was a collective identity of 'europe' it was known as just a poo poo ton of warring nations

soccer is the only thing keeping their jingoistic tendencies at bay day to day

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i mean they practically worship what basically amounts to a bunch of loving italians with tiny dicks

even after the roman empire fell they couldn't stop scrabbling to be the 'real' new roman emperor and poo poo

dumbass charlemagne gently caress rome hot as balls there

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Robo Reagan posted:

you've obviously never seen the streets after a soccer game

that's what I'm saying though they get it out like that now

china is like 'three kingdoms period' and japan is all 'sengoku period' europe is like nonstop loving war all the loving time everywhere

now they just fight in the streets over soccer teams

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
effectiveness vs who though

in what context

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
vietnam is one of those wars where some of the generals were just like 'let us LOOSE we'll destroy this dam and nuke these villages and just loving murder hundreds of thousands and bring them to their knees!' but we didn't do that and just kind of dinked around instead

which is a good thing but still it's not fair to judge america's war capacity based on 'police actions'

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Yolomon Wayne posted:

On what then?

on how much money it makes and if afterwards there is a market for our corporations to exploit :getin:

coca cola in the veins of saigon and fast food all over the middle east while people in Japan line up for their Christmas KFC (not even kidding)

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Sep 11, 2015

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i mean what is this if not total cultural domination

there's mcdonald's in Mecca ffs lol

this is why we fight wars, to create new markets and make money. not to 'hold land' that's an outdated concept

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Agag posted:

What war did you fight to get a McDonald's in Mecca or Beijing? Is there a McDonald's in Khandahar yet or did your soldiers die completely in vain?

Also I saw a Chinese restaurant in my town. Are these spreading? Possible Chinese cultural domination?

Haha Agag you're so loving stupid

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

zimboe posted:

To clarify:
When I presented Islam as an example of memetic contagion, I did not mean to exclude many other structurally similar meme-sets- Catholicism, Democracy, Communism, The Democratic Party, The Republican Party, or multitudes of other dogmas.
Our civilization such as it is is a fabric of such entities.
Most human minds are afflicted with as many memetic parasites as a pig full of tapeworms.

That's really what's wrong on this planet.

We are infested.

you're not wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
like realistically though if donald trump was prez and he was just trumping out hard one day he could launch the ICBMs filled with MIRV warheads that can just rain down nuclear fire over hundreds of square miles and devastate everything just loving everything

yeah we say we removed all the MIRVs but just loving lol if you believe that broh

• Locked thread