Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution

Hot -1 | Cold +3 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Selfish, Predator, Drunk

Outside Ruhlman's Office:

Poison? Well, that surpasses even my own expectations regarding Alexandra and her little pack. She says she didn't do it - well, of course she would, either way. And three days' detention? That has to be a new record of some sort, unless she did something truly horrific. But not a whole lot of time to think about that, or the fact that my name was just mentioned (maybe he's just telling her to go get me?) - here they come...

Ruhlman's Office:

No, I don't take the chair. Why let them have you right where they want you? You need to throw them off-balance.

"Reliably informed, were you? By someone who must have been at the party, but I'm sure was drinking soda and playing football far away from whatever evils were being perpetrated? It's strange, I thought I'd been called here about the injuries I received - that you witnessed. But apparently that's something easily swept to the side in pursuit of whatever this is."

Refusing the xp.
Shutting him down.
Krysmbot Jolinaxas, 6+3 = 9
Since we don't have strings to drop, I'll give him Useless and await one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Hot -1 Cold 0 Vol 1 Dark 1
XP: 0/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Callous

Once we get to my room - tastefully decorated with the sort of things I wouldn't be ashamed to have my parents see on a surprise visit - I almost collapse on the nearest chair and/or bed. "Eleanor Cavendish is dead," I say. "Someone killed her. It can't have been Teresa, she was just here; Geoff's still incapacitated - he was poisoned; Britanny could never have managed it, and Alan would have to be completely insane..." I take a breath. "There's someone outside of my Peers who killed one of us, and someone else - one of my other peers poisoned Geoff, to... try and get at Teresa, maybe? I'm not sure. Either way, I've told you about this... inheritance thing. More than ever, now, I need your advice, because I'm not sure I trust my own - what do you think of it all?" It's a lot to lay on her at once, I'm sure, but I need to vent, and... I need someone to validate my choice.

"I have to warn you, my Peers will target you to get at me. I thought I was being clever, and subtle, but Teresa figured out my hidden friends right away, the others can't be close behind, right? I'm sorry, for dragging you into this..."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Hot: 1 Cold: 1 Volatile: -1 Dark: 0
XP: 4/5 Harm: 0/5 Conditions: Busybody, under suspicion
Locations: Office -> Hallway

"Oh, I have no problem with this punishment, sir. IIf I wasn't punished students with less judgement might be inclined to try ill-advised and worse informed heroics themselves. It is probably the right call. Simply the price of doing the right thing." I make sure to sound magnanimous. As if taking the punishment is a choice of mine. It is all far from ideal, but raising a fuss won't help, now will it? Besides, it's just three days. The other bit of news ia lot more troublesome though. A teacher looking on during Study Group Meetings could be troublesome.

It's not like we discuss anything secret there. Most people in the study group are just people I'm helping to study, with a few of them potential hosts, but it's a good way to influence them to stay away from alcohol and drugs, and to possibly break up relations when I'm ready to make a move. The last thing I want is someone trying to take it over, or even just watching. "Hm, thank you for telling me, Mr. Ruhlman. I'm worried that the presence of a teacher will discourage attendance and effectiveness however. A teacher present would radically change the dynamics, and turn it into 'extra class' rather than 'students helping each other'. I hope the faculty will see in time that it's a waste of time for the teacher in question. But I appreciate you letting me know. As for Ms. Canavan, I can only guide those who wish to go where I lead them to."

With that, I take my leave.Outside, the others are waiting with... what?

"Oh, those rumors. Annoying." I say dismissively. "Mark, you know perfectly well what my intentions are. I hugged her because she's gone through a lot, and that scumbag Ash assaulted her. I care a lot for Emma, but we're not together."

And would I want to? I'm so vehement that Mark is the one to implant her so she wouldn't turn obedient towards me. Is it because I don't want to ruin our friendship, or because I want her to become my equal. If she were to become one of us, would I be able to... No, don't get distracted.

"Anyway, there are other matters. I have detention for the next three days, but that's just a minor setback. A greater problem is that the school is planning to put a teacher in Study Council sessions. I want to know which teacher, and if possible, I'd like some kind of hold over him. Or at the very least find out what makes them tick. Besides that, there is the murder attempt. I think I would like to speak to Dr. Coleman. And of course, there is Constance. Why did she run from Cedric and me."

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Fiona: Mr Ruhlman gives you a humourless smile. "If you'd like to discuss the altercation, I'd be only too happy, though since none of the other parties have raised the issue, I'm willing to leave it alone. As for the incident last night, you've made your position clear. I appreciate getting your classmates in trouble is a difficult proposition for any teenager, but, well, I'm sure you're familiar with the Prisoner's Dilemma."

He sighs and shakes his head, switching to Good Cop a little too quickly. "We're concerned about you, Fiona. Contrary to what your average man on the street thinks, this school is not just a playground for the well-connected. We only choose students who we know are capable of excellence, and you are no exception. I'm sure you'll agree, your results have always been disappointing. If you're having any difficulty with work, or... anything else, we're happy to offer all the help we possibly can - the Counsellor, the Academic Advisor, Peer Supporters... we want to help you be the best you can be. But we simply can't tolerate students coasting along, not making any effort, bringing other people down with them."

"I'm offering you a choice, Fiona. If you can't convince us that you're willing to make an effort, we're going to have to be a lot stricter with any indiscretions in the future... for your sake, and for everyone else's. Understood?" The meeting's clearly over, any parting shots? How badly do you want a drink right now? Outside, you see Mark in a serious-looking conversation with Alexandra, though he breaks off hastily when he sees you. What do you do?

You get the condition On Probation.

Alexandra: Mark nods hurriedly as you explain your plan. "Yeah. Ok, that sounds good. I'll ask around about who the teacher is. Lizzie's on School Council, maybe she can raise it there. I'm not sure about Constance, though, if she's really that determined not to talk... maybe we could try Teresa? She was definitely there, she was in the pictures and everything... um, yeah, there are pictures. Or Fiona, maybe, I know Lizzie's meant to be following her, but you never know..." He scratches his head awkwardly. "Listen, about Emma, I... I didn't think you were a lesbian. I know you care about her, but... that's the thing. I think you're letting that get in the way. When we were implemented, we all got that lecture on chosing your partners carefully, and you know, it made sense to me. I mean, we're meant to be more than the sum of our emotions, right? And Emma... I don't think we should implement her. I don't want to. If you want to do it yourself, that's fine, but... she's damaged, Alex, I mean of course she is, with the kidnapping but still... before that I might have said yes, but now..." He breaks off suddenly as he catches sight of Fiona leaving Mr Ruhlman's office. What do you do?

Emma: Maybe it's that your muscles are aching and sore after your brush with the Taser. Maybe it's your overstretched nerves driven to panic by the thought of the attention you've attracted or have you? in your charge across the grounds. Or maybe it's some vestige of Emma Westerhall in the corner of your mind screaming at you to stop. But whatever the cause, your prey flinches away from your grasp as you leap, and you trip over your leaden feet and land heavily on your shoulder. Your mate, your rival for his allegiance and your hated prey are all within arm's reach, but you're running out of steam... what do you do?

You take 1 harm. If you want to make the first move, Hold Steady.

Tim and Ash: You hear twigs snap, and you look toward the trees reflexively... seconds later, your hindbrain pulls your bodies out of the way as a terrifying mass of bloodstained fur and claws and rage crashes to the floor at your feet. Jen screams and stumbles backwards, landing awkwardly on her back. What do you do?

If you want to do anything to Emma except Run Away, Hold Steady, unless Emma moves first and fails hers.

Sorne and Alex, I'm happy to let you two keep talking.

Gato fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Oct 9, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Hot 2, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark 1
Harm 1/4 | Exp 4/5 | Conditions: Inbred, Drunk

Bollocks to this! That's.. a werewolf?! It's the middle of the day, what the hell is going on? Not going to be able to fight this, so I try to think of any place other than where I am. Hopefully, if this thing's after me, it can't cross over into Faerie. Oh, and doesn't kill Jen and Timmy. But when you're attacked by a monster, you run. That's how people react, right? Now just take a step sideways behind this tree...

[08:19.30] <thelazyblank> Run Away from Emmawolf
[08:19.34] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6-1
[08:19.35] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 8-1 = 7
Give Emma a string. Gain XP.

I hope it can't follow through. People can forget someone disappearing behind a tree. A werewolf trying the same thing might mean finding a new way through.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Harm 0/4 | Experience 1/5 | Conditions: Selfish, Predator, Drunk, On Probation

Ruhlman's Office:

Is this little paper-pushing weakling serious? Me? On probation?

"Of course they didn't raise any issues. What they raised were welts. What's the problem? Not enough Sirs in my family tree? You can't decide to start selectively enforcing rules just because I'm not on the Honor Roll, especially when you can't prove anything. On the other hand, you saw me beaten black and blue and are actively ignoring it. You know you don't want to start something where questions might start getting asked."

That went well, I think. And I've got some more drinks and a night full of not much else to do. Oh, look at these two. And Mark is even scurrying away. Good. He ought to be.

"I'd offer to share a drink to dull the pain of what might be your first interaction with the disciplinary process, but who knows what you might put in mine? At least with Mark, here, I'd know it was just a sedative."

[12:59] Jolinaxas Holding Steady
[12:59] Jolinaxas !r 2d6+3
[12:59] Krysmbot Jolinaxas, 7+3 = 10
Curing "On Probation"

[13:22] Jolinaxas Shut Down Alexandra
[13:22] Jolinaxas !r 2d6+3
[13:22] Krysmbot Jolinaxas, 7+3 = 10
Removing a string she holds on Fiona (spreadsheet updated)

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 9, 2015

Zomg
Aug 29, 2006

Ey girl, you ever been with a haunted tent?

Hot: -1 | Cold: 2 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 1
Harm: 0/4 | XP: 2/5 | Conditions: Overbearing, Drained

Once we're in his room I listen to Alexander spill the details. "Dead." I repeat, leaning back in the chair I've seated myself in as I draw in a deep breath. This is major. His words sink in and the snakes can't help but hiss in agitation. I'm in danger now, too? My face hardens as I look at a spot on the wall behind him. "I'm not going to let you deal with this alone. If they come after me, they'll regret it."

The snakes his again, likely in agreement. They don't take well to threats -- and I don't either. I can tell Alexander feels guilty about it all. My eyes give him a thorough once over, and there's a sudden "pang" within my chest as I get a good look at his condition. It's enough to prompt me into moving from my chair and onto the bed next to him. One of my hands moves up to brush a lock of his gorgeous blonde hair behind his ear as my lips part. Again his attractiveness is readily apparent -- even in this somewhat compromised state as of current. And the snakes are oddly placid all of a sudden...

"...But I think you shouldn't let whomever is behind this get away with it. If they want to play hard ball... indulge them to the point where they'll wish they'd never tried to step up to you."

Zomg: Turn On Alexander, tagging his Callous condition for a +1
Zomg: !roll 2d6+0
Krysmbot: Zomg, 7+0 = 7
Alexander gets to choose one of the following: give themselves to you, promise something they think you want, give you a String against them

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Locations: Hallway

Mark's words... they hit hard. I feel anger burning through me, which, in a distant way, probably makes his point. But right now, I could punch him. Emma is wonderful, intelligent, ambitious. She is perfect! And I'm supposed to just wash my hands of her the moment something traumatic happens to her? Of course, he stops mid-sentence when Fiona leaves the room. I intend to just keep quiet until she passes, but then she decides to address me, and her words hit a mark.

What does she know?

Still, I've got a bucket of anger and she just volunteered. (I know the 'repressed anger needing a release' is obsolete, yes) "Fiona Canavan. If any of us wanted you to be in a stupor we'd simply put a large amount of booze in front of you and let nature take its course!" I give her my most contemptive look. "It's sad really. Mr. Ruhlman was actually asking me to assist you. The man actually wants his students to do well and cares for their futures. It's a shame his efforts on you are wasted because you visibly do not. You have been given the best teachers, the best infrastructure, the most fertile ground to make something of your life and you have turned it into bloody astroturf. Someone with an actual future, actual hopes and aspirations could have used that seat you spend time on so reluctantly Canavan!"

"Live for the present then, girl. Because you have no future. You'll pass with mediocre grades I'm sure and your parents will no doubt give you a position somewhere where you can entertain yourself trying to waste their funds quicker than their investments can pay off. Perhaps graduate from alcohol to painkillers and anti-depressive somewhere in your forties when that's more fashionable. Maybe even make the tabloid rags when you eventually make an oopsie and overdose. A life that aspires to nothing, means nothing, and comes to nothing. With the only memories being some of your students half-amused half-embarrassed vague recollections of some parties."

Shut Down Drunk Fiona: 2d6+2 10 Remove a string Fiona Holds on Alexandra (spreadsheet updated)

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

...I knew I could rely on her. So capable, and passionate, and not at all burdened by the baggage me and my Peers share. Even when I tell her about the danger, she doesn't flinch, she comes closer, reaches a hand to my face. I look at her mouth - know better than to meet her gaze right now - and I feel a lurching in my gut, as though I stand on the precipice of... something. "I promise you," I say. "They won't get away with it, any of it. They'll be thankful if they are even allowed to regret what they've done. I promise..." and I lean in to kiss her...

Promise and/or Giving Self!

[12:56pm] Nown: Turning on Overbearing Sorne
[12:56pm] Nown: !r 2d6
[12:56pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 3 = 3

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

The first part actually stings a little, mostly because it reminded me of last week. But overdose? All this cheer leading for Mr. Ruhlman of all people? Forget my academic career, the farce is right in front of me.

"No wonder you get on so well with him..."

I point back towards his closed office door.

"...nearly a novella when a single certain word would have sufficed. How long was that little tantrum hiding inside you? Hrm? Let me let you in on a little secret - all lives come to nothing. Especially ones as short as yours."

I probably shouldn't have said that. But I can't take it back now, and it'll certainly play with her head for a bit. I'm out of here...

Zomg
Aug 29, 2006

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 4/5 | Conditions: Overbearing, Drained

There's no question in my mind about what's happening. Maybe in the back of my mind I've hoped for it, even. Either way I lean forward to meet Alexander halfway, finally giving in to the temptation that has been nagging at me for so long. I lace my arms around his neck instinctively to pull him a bit closer, heart racing with anticipation. I'm... not sure how far things will go, but I'm willing to just 'go with the flow' for the most part. His promise still echoes within my ears, and momentarily I wonder if I've set him on a rash course of action. The docile demeanor of the snakes isn't lost on my either. Do they like him? Interesting...

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: 2xCold: -1 Volatile 1x Dark: -1
XP: 0/5 Harm: 3/4 Conditions: Uncomfortably Numb Darkest Self

The beast roars as it stumbles. Falling it feels a sickening crack as it falls. A crack to it's leg. Stumbling it howls in agony. The prey it came to chase flees and it is too slow too wounded to pursue. But there is another prey in sight. The one who tried to steal it's mate. That will not be allowed that cannot be allowed.

[21:38] Ferrosol hold steady to kill
[21:38] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[21:38] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 11-1 = 10
[21:38] Ferrosol muahaha
carrying +1 forward

It rears up for one last strike one quick blow to knock the foolish mate stealer to the ground. One final blow before it is done. With this leg it will be easy prey. Smells like Forest is probably laughing at the beast as he runs. The beast knows. But it can do nothing. It has failed at hunting it's prey. But there is still one last prey it can savage it will not die easily before it falls. It raises it claws for one final swipe and prepares to attack...

[21:48] Ferrosol killing Jennifer
[21:48] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[21:48] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 5+2 = 7
doing 1 harm taking a string on her from primal dominance. she takes a string on me

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

And it's good. Awkward, but good, and she's not turning me down, but... no. Wrong. Is this me, is this how I act when one of my Peers dies? Even if we weren't friends, I grew up with Eleanor. She was almost like a sibling, and when I find out that she's been [b]murdered[/b, is this what I do? Just... throw myself into the arms of a friend, and seek comfort there? It can't be. This can't be... With a groan, I pull myself away. I couldn't bear to look her in the eyes even without taking her power into account. She looks so... tired, so weary, and I've burdened her with yet another problem.

"I'm... sorry. That was... improper of me. I don't know what came over me. I hope you can forgive me for that lapse, Sorne." Back to business, back to a steady tone and a respectful distance, no more wavering or neediness... at least that's what I try to do as I steady myself.

[9:33pm] Nown: Shut Down Drained Sorne
[9:33pm] Nown: !r 2d6+1
[9:33pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 4+1 = 5

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Fiona: The smirk on Mark's face grows increasingly uncomfortable as Alexandra rants on at you; he's looking downright sheepish by the end. But his eyes harden the moment you mention short lives. As you turn to leave, his hand shoots out and grabs your shoulder. "Don't you dare threaten her," he hisses. "Only one of you deserved to be in there, and it wasn't her." He squeezes your shoulder hard. What do you do?

Alex: You might have managed to keep Sorne at a respecful distance. And your tone does remain steady, just about. But there's longing written in your face and eyes and body language, and in your current state, there's no way you can hide it.

You get the condition Vulnerable.

We're approaching the end of the scene, and indeed the session. Team Werewolf will get prompts once we've had a post from Tim.

Gato fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Oct 10, 2015

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Hot 3 | Cold -1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm: 1/4 | EXP: 1 1/5 | Conditions: Clenched, Oblivious, Terrified

"Well gently caress." I say to the evening air as lie down on a bench. I didn't mean to make Jen cry. It's for the best I guess. I keep looking at my messages, nothing. I sit up when Ash and Jen walk out. She looks happier. I wonder what Ash did? Who cares?

As we get moving, a loud snap of twigs and sticks alerts us to a loving giant wolf charging from behind. We all manage to dodge except Jen missteps and lands on her back and the wolf targets her. Ash runs off which is the worst move of action if what I learned watching TV is anything to go by. I shout and make myself look as big and intimidating as possible to distract the wolf. Kind of easy for a guy of my stature.
Spending a string to make Emma's attack fail

I really didn't think this through because now there's a man-sized wolf staring me down. Look away, look away, look away.

BClip !r 2d6-1
[00:11] Krysmbot BClip, 8-1 = 7+1 (from entrenched)
Take 1 forward for Terrified

Yup, that's a giant wolf I'm staring down. My body moves on it's own. I pick up a broken branch and charge the wolf who lazily dodges. I can feel fear start to paralyze as I lose my advantage. The second charge does better as the stick cracks the skull of the wolf who collapses to the ground. I guess we weren't their first target. I'm just glad we're safe. I walk over to Jen and help her up. "It's okay, it's not moving anymore. Can you walk?" I keep my eyes on the wolf. We can't run fast enough. Any movement will have to be met with immediate violence. "Do you know the number to animal control?"

[12:13] BClip Dunk the werewolf
[12:14] BClip !r 2d6-1
[12:14] Krysmbot BClip, 4-1 = 3+4 (Carry 1 forward, Entrenched, String, tagging Uncomfortably Numb)
Dealing 1 harm and giving up a string.
Sorry Emma.

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 10, 2015

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Tim: Jen stares at you in shock. "Yeah, yeah, I'm ok, just..." She throws her arms around you. "Jesus Christ, Tim, that was so stupid and brave and... oh God, thank you, I don't know what..." She steps back, taking a huge, shuddering breath. "Ok, you... keep an eye on it, I'll go get help." She dashes off in the direction of the drama building.

You watch the wolf thing, stick raised... but as you watch, it changes before your eyes, seizing and shrinking and unravelling into the distubingly familiar (and disturbingly underdressed) form of Emma Westerhall, covered in mud and bruises and burns. What do you do?

Emma: You should be more than a match for these flimsy, predictable humans... but you're tired, and injured, and your mate's actions catch you by surprise. You dodge his first clumsy blow, but the second lays you out flat on the floor, and the beast recedes from your mind and body, leaving you shivering and bloodied on the ground. Tim is standing over you, stick in hand. What do you do?

Since you're in Darkest Self already, you can only avoid death by losing all your strings and taking the Drained condition. You leave your Darkest Self... this time.

Sorne: A 'lapse'. That's not right, is it? Alex needs you, he wants you, you could see it... but he couldn't do it, couldn't even look you in the eye. And that's your fault, isn't it? All this time hiding, and the one person you thought accepted you can't bear to be with you. Well, you can make it right. You can make Alex understand, give him the help he needs, and then you can face the world together, heads held high. What's the worst that could happen?

Enter your Darkest Self!

Ash: A simple step sideways, and you're beyond the reach of human hands and eyes. What's it like out here on the borders of Faerie?

You're not alone here, though. A young man is leaning against a tree, dressed incongruously in a tracksuit and baseball cap, which he doffs to you theatrically. "Alright, bruv? Got a tip-off you'd be coming this way. Listen, the boss 's got some new poo poo he thinks'll get those humans going mental. It'll be in the usual spot." He gives you a wicked grin. "Between you and me bruv, it'd be best for all our sakes if you got rid of this stuff a-s-a-p... and don't go flushing it down the shitter." He stands up, hands in his pockets, and shrugs. "Anyway, best be going. Should be safe for you to go back now, though I'd stay well clear of that werewolf if I was you." Do you know what this is about? What do you do?

Gato fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Oct 10, 2015

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

XP: 0/5 Harm: 4/4 Conditions: Uncomfortably Numb Darkest Self

What it's own mate turned upon it! Impossible! Still at least the beast knows it will not have to live with the shame of it's defeat. Battered and bloodied if falls cursing mewling it's frustration as it does.

leaving darkest Self
------------------------------------------
losing all my strings and resetting to 0 harm

Emma wakes up.

I- what what happened to me. I remember passing out a burning need to be in the forest and--- and then nothing. (visions of hunting through a wood the scent of prey in the air the satisfaction of the chase...) ugh where am I? Tim? What is he doing? why is he holding a stick standing over me like that with a scared look on his face. Why do I feel numb did did he hit me? What happened to my clothes? it's cold I can feel myself shiver. I croaked out a moan with one eye closed against the light of the setting sun which seemed almost blinding in it's brightness all of a sudden. I staggered to my feet light-headed and woozy.

[22:29] Ferrosol hold steady vs tim
[22:29] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[22:29] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 4-1 = 3
[22:29] Ferrosol worstwolf

I slumped forward against him I couldn't run from him even if I wanted too. That's assuming he did this to me. "What-what happened, ugh. I feel like poo poo." I groaned as I wrapped my arms around him for support.I think he was the only thing keeping me upright as I half collapsed into his arms.

[22:33] Ferrosol turn on Tim
[22:33] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[22:33] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 6+2 = 8
[22:33] Ferrosol need to get those strings back somehow
string/promise/self

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

"If that hand stays on me, you're going to lose it."

I swat at where he's holding my shoulder.

"There. That was a threat. Now let me leave."

Zomg
Aug 29, 2006

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 4/5 | Conditions: Overbearing, Drained, Darkest Self

When he pulls away, I nearly follow him. But somehow I restrain myself as I listen to his apology. A lapse. Is that what that was? Well it's good he's so easily able to attribute it to a mistake on his part. I can feel my insides twist themselves into the tightest of knots as I nod along with what he's said. Externally I likely look as though I'm agreeing with him. But internally... No. I'm far from alright with this. This feeling. I know what it is.

Rejection.

"Right. I understand. I'm not upset." Liar. "We can get through this together. I promise that Eleanor's death won't be in vain." Screw the consequences. If I come face-to-face with the one responsible for putting him in this current state... for making him such an emotional wreck... they're gonna pay dearly...

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

XP: 0/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Callous, Vulnerable

I still can't look her in the eyes. She's so understanding, so generous, I honestly don't deserve to have her as a friend. But selfish as I am, I won't turn down her help. "We would be going up against a killer. It might mean... having to do that ourselves. Are you really prepared for that?" I ask with honest surprise.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Harm: 1/4 | EXP: 1 2/5 | Conditions: Clenched, Oblivious, Terrified

I smile at Jen and say, "I'm glad you're okay. Please try to hurry." She runs off and I assume a battle stance above the wolf. I probably look really cool right now. Then something unexpected happens, more unexpected than getting charged by a wolf in the first place, the wolf turns into Emma. She looks pretty beat up and is in a serious lack of clothing. I drop the stick and catch her as she stumbles toward me. What the hell is happening? "Emma?" is all my brain is permitting me to say. I take off my shirt and give it to her. Carrying a jacket from now on. I'm sure we look great. I'm in jeans and a tank-top and she's dressed in an over-sized polo. I would steal some clothing from the dressing rooms but not only am I a guy, there are people there.

"What is going on?" I say to no one as I rub my temples. "Emma, what happened?" I text Jen saying that the wolf ran off. I look at Emma. That's not entirely true, is it? I refuse to believe that my girlfriend and that wolf are one and the same. But I saw it, I saw it with my own two eyes. I don't know what it means. Maybe I'm dead and I don't know it. Who cares? I place an arm around Emma. I'll think of something clever to say when Jen comes back. Right now, I'm happy to have Emma.

Giving a string along with my polo.

[13:31] BClip Turn on Emma with a +4 (sigh)
[13:31] BClip !r 2d6+4
[13:31] Krysmbot BClip, 3+4 = 7

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Oct 11, 2015

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

I feel a calm settle over me again with those words spoken. Something to be said for catharsis. As Fiona tosses that threat I inhale, count to five and exhale. Mark doesn't let it slide of course. "It's all right Mark. Considering what happened, the conversation I had was only natural. There's a lot of work to do, and we are wasting our time with her. But consider your little threat noted, Canavan. Let her leave, please,. We've monopolized her valuable time enough."

Once she's gone and the two of us are alone, I speak again. In some ways I am grateful. I might have said angry things to Mark if not for Fiona. Now, I can go about things rationally. "About Emma, I'm not going to deny that your concerns are valid. She's been volatile, yes. But my wish for her to be... improved is not simply sentimentality. You know she has the intelligence. And of all the people in this school, I figure she's the one most likely to reach the political top, even you, and you're no slouch. No matter how careful we are, at some point, one of us, the larger 'us' I mean, is going to slip up. Having someone in the highest circles can be the difference between a successful cover-up and a worst case scenario. You and she could provide valuable assistance to each other. Of course, Emma needs... support and assistance for that. If we give it to her, I'm certain you'll see her in a different light. In the end, it will be your choice of course, but let's not dismiss her out of hand."

"I could do it myself of course but, I'm... too emotionally involved with her. It would be very uncomfortable."

Manipulate Mark: 2d6+1 11: Try to convince Mark to at least try to assist in making Emma 'worthy' of implantation.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

"That's right. Do as she orders, Mark."

Well, didn't mean it as a threat, but what's she going to do? Kill me? Please.

No, I'm headed back to my room to calm down, have a few drinks, and try to forget about this miserable little day. Well, most of it, anyway.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

XP: 0/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Uncomfortably Numb

I'm finding myself leaning on Tim for more and more support. I still feel really numb and my balance seems kind of off. What had happened to me? I didn't remember one minute I was running through the hallways and into the woods and then next minute nothing.... Still Tim seems just as confused as I am. "I don't remember. The last thing I remember properly is the two of us in the drama room. After that I just knew I needed to get out to get some fresh air. It wasn't anything wrong with you." I explained hurriedly I didn't want him to think I'd been upset by what happened. Especially when it was exactly the opposite. "I just felt l needed to get out. Then the last thing I remember is blacking out." I shook my head to try and clear some of the numbeness. "Till I woke up in front of you. I don't know how I got there or what happened to my clothes." I explained looking down at them in rags. "Did you see who did this to me?" I asked. "I want to know what happened."

giving Tim what Emma thinks he wants an explanation

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I take a deep breath or seven as the adrenaline is kicking out of my system with everything coming to a more relaxing state. The nice things about these gates is that they're shallow enough that they don't get much traffic. The less-nice thing is that if there's an arsecap hanging around, he's probably looking for me. "Well, looks like takeaway came early. Speaking of, you know anyone who wouldn't mind taking a trip down to Mexico? Got a favor for someone, want to collect." Avoid telling this guy who's clearly working for my friend at the home office. I don't know this guy for poo poo, but I've heard about Cleaver. He's the brightest full-blood rock troll there's ever been, so they say and all that. All I know is that he calls himself Cleaver and he thinks that's clever, and I still like all my parts where they're at now. So, don't gently caress with Cleaver. "Also, more urgent, got some guy hooked on ogre trimmin's. Need a supply for a whole team of humans, could be big. Doesn't need to be the same stuff, just.. something works like that, you get me?"

I know this guy's type. He's probably gonna doff his loving hat again and call me gov and get all bitchy with me. "It's a big score, Cleaver'll hear about this. In a good way, unless you grind up his mum or something."

[10:16.44] <thelazyblank> Manipulate the Delivery Boy
[10:16.52] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6+2
[10:16.53] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 11+2 = 13
He'll get credit for helping with the logistics and probably more, since Ash doesn't want to make too much of a name on the other side, and in return, he helps him get both things sorted? Something like that?

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Unless anyone does anything crazy, these will be the last prompts of the scene. Make sure you check in on the OOC thread if you haven't already.

Ash: The young man mulls it over. “Ogre bits ain’t easy to get in bulk. Haha, in bulk. Still…” You can see cogs turning in his head. “Nah, it’s fine. I can handle this. Alright, you got a deal. Ogre trimmings at ten times the volume as last time, and a Mexican… for two, right?” He looks inordinately smug, like the whole thing was his idea. “See you around, mate! And don’t forget the new shipment!” He takes off at a walking pace, but you see him disappear over the horizon in a few seconds. Space is weird in Faerie.

So where is 'the usual spot', anyway? How do you feel about having a load of unknown magic narcotics to push? The messenger said the coast was clear, so it should be safe to return to Tim and Jen. On the other hand, you’re in Faerie now, where time and space are flexible and the hidden ways of the world are open to you. What do you do?

While you’re in Faerie, you can Gaze into the Abyss as if you had the Fae move Beyond the Veil, just this once.

Tim and Emma: Before you can continue, Jen comes dashing back around the corner. “Are you ok, Tim? It didn’t hurt you again, did it?” She exhales heavily. “Guess there’s not much point getting a teacher now, is there… there’s nothing to show them…” She stops as she registers Emma. You might expect her to seem jealous, but to her credit she seems genuinely concerned. “poo poo, what happened, Emma? Did it get you too? Are you alright?” What do you do?

Alex and Sorne: There’s a loud knock at the door, and you hear Cedric’s familiar Scottish accent. “Hullo, Alex? Do you have a moment? I was wondering if you’d seen Sorne?” He knocks again, and you hear him mutter. ”Suppose he might not be in…” And it’s Teresa’s voice that replies, clear as crystal: “Oh, I’m sure he’s in there, dear. I saw him going this way earlier, and I’d have seen him if he’d left.”

“Well, I’m not going to stand around waiting, it’s embarrassing…”

“That it is, but you’ve already been kept waiting, haven’t you, you poor thing?”

What do you do?

Hold Steady to keep quiet. If you’re successful, they’ll leave you alone. If you fail, they’ll know you’re hiding, but they won’t intrude. Or you could just talk to them.

Fiona: As you head to your room, you run into your fellow musician Richard, looking lost. “Oh, hey Fiona. Don’t suppose you’ve got Alex’s number? I need to talk to him, so I came looking, but this place is a maze, isn’t it?” How well do you know Richard anyway? Do you give it to him?

Back in your room, what’s your drink of choice for being miserable by yourself? Got any longer-term plans for feeling better? How are you going to deal with the increased scrutiny from the teachers, if it materialises? What do you do?

Alexandra: Mark smiles ruefully. “Emotionally involved is exactly the problem, Alex.” He sighs. “But you’re right, I’m probably writing her off too soon. She was bloody sharp before, wasn’t she? I could never get a word in edgeways when you two were arguing. I’ll try and get to know her better… it’s going to be my decision at the end of the day, isn’t it?” Is it? Do you have any way of knowing exactly when Mark will become independent? “She’s bloody fit though, there’s that at least…” He gives you an exaggerated wink. “Anyway, I’m going to get an early start on work. See you later, Alex.” He walks off. Do you feel like your three minions children friends are behind you? What’s the most important thing on the agenda now? What do you do?

Zomg
Aug 29, 2006

Harm: 0/4 | XP: 4/5 | Conditions: Overbearing, Drained, Darkest Self

"I am." I reply with nary a hint of hesitation. "They've already gone so far as to kill someone, so we have to be prepared in case they try to do the same to us. It's simple." I suppose the normal me would recoil at such words being spoken. The snakes don't seem to take any offense to what I've said, of course. Their hissing has practically turned into a soothing purr within my head. It's easy to deduce that they're on board with this whole thing.

A knock at the door snaps my attention away from Alex. First I hear Cedric's voice... and then Teresa's. My eyes narrow a bit. Without saying anything I get up from the bed, stride over, and open up the door, making sure to put on a smile.

"Oh! Cedric! I haven't forgotten about our little rendezvous. I was just speaking to Alex about something." And then I step forward and shut the door behind me. No one needs to see Alex like this. "I hope I didn't make you think otherwise..." I throw a casual glance in Teresa's direction, but mostly ignore her. Now isn't the time to go with Cedric, however. "If you don't mind, though, I'm still a little busy. How about I just come by your room later tonight instead? It won't be a problem." I need him to realize that I just cannot simply deal with him right now. And to emphasize this I look him directly in the eye, keeping the tight-lipped smile on my face...

23:28 <Zomg> Rolling To Shut Down Cedric
23:29 <Zomg> !r 2d6+2
23:29 <Krysmbot> Zomg, 6+2 = 8
He's going to get the condition Petrified since I'm my Darkest Self at the moment

Zomg fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Oct 14, 2015

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Oh god, that number was three phones ago. I wouldn't mind giving him the number, but it's not like I committed it to memory - even back then.

"I don't, sorry. If you want, I'm heading back to my room; he's a floor away. Best I can do."

Whether he follows or not, I immediately make a beeline for my own room, unlocking an old trunk from home. Tonight's a "turn on Netflix and sip some wine" night.

Do I care about staying here? Couldn't my parents just buy me into someplace else, just like this? But then again maybe it would be -just- like this. At least I know they're relatively lax here. If Ruhlman and the rest of the faculty call my bluff, I'll just have to get better at hiding - small gatherings, like this afternoon. Well, maybe not exactly like this afternoon. Parties haven't been going well lately anyway. I can't blame everyone else for not being able to hold their liquor as well as I can, but they're clearly of the same mind I was - that no one cared in the first place.

That apparently is no longer true. People are getting hurt, maybe even getting caught and talking. Save the crazy times for the week-ends and vacations. For nights like tonight, just relax, take it slow. Maybe step out in a few hours with a solid buzz and see if anyone else wants to watch a movie or something.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

"Yeah, for two. Thanks, mate." Hmm. While I know he wouldn't lie to me, because then who would sell the stuff that's out there sitting there in the little grove off campus where the stuff usually finds itself, it would be bloody moronic to not give a look-see through the veil to see if that wolf thing's still rampaging. Also, probably want to check on Tim and Jen. It'd be a waste if we had to cancel things based on two adorable leads getting murdered by a wolf-like creature. Especially if I didn't get to see Tim in his Alice dress before then. Now, with everything as it is, I don't have to get too wasted to do this.

Faerie's already nice and hosed up on the mind, so I don't have to find a way to attune to it like I normally would.

[02:10.25] <thelazyblank> Gaze About Werewolf
[02:10.29] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6+1
[02:10.30] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 8+1 = 9
Clear and lucid, owe a string to the Faerie King or whoever.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

XP: 0+1/5 Harm: 0/4 Conditions: Callous, Vulnerable

No hesitation, no pause... I should be more like Sorne, less hesitant, less constrained. When she gets up to meet the metaphorical wolves at the door, I bow my head and reach out to the kindly old man once more. I just need a target, and... yes, I'll kill them. I won't hesitate, I won't hold back. Staying on the sidelines will just put more of my friends in danger, leave me a wreck like this as I wonder about what I could have done differently. I need a target, that's all.

[4:21pm] Nown: Gazing into the Abyss
[4:21pm] Nown: !r 2d6+1
[4:21pm] Krysmbot: Nown, 7+1 = 8

Confusing and Alarming, who is the greatest danger to me right now? Also marking XP

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

"I'm . . . I'm fine. It just ran off. Emma crawled out of the woods sometime after it ran out. I'm going on a hunch that the wolf found her first." I'm lying through my teeth but how exactly am supposed to explain what I just saw? Luckily, I'm an actor. "Could you lend a coat or get something from the drama club so we can cover her up?" I gesture at the mostly naked Emma.

Manipulate Jen to help Emma
[02:25] BClip !r 2d6+3
[02:25] Krysmbot BClip, 10+3 = 13

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

"What got me? What run off do you mind not being so bloody cryptic all the drat time" I said waspishly. "I just don't remember anything." Had I hit my head or something or had some sort of epileptic seizure? or had someone tried to abduct me again. I was starting to get worried. "But yeah some clothes would be good I can't wander around dressed like this." I said gesturing to my clothing which looked more like rags than anything else right now. How the hell had that happened none of this made any sense. The last time I looked like this was after my kidnapping. Could the two be connected somehow? But why would someone shred my clothes and leave me just feeling numb? that's weird right.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

XP: 5/5 Harm: 0/5 Conditions: Busybody, under suspicion

"It will be, Mark. If you don't want it by then, no hard feelings. It's not like I always do what my father tells me." And he's off.

I feel a melancholy seeing him go, so close after talking about his maturing. Soon. I don't know how soon. The only other Yeerk I've ever met is my father. He likely knows others but... well, I suppose I still have to prove myself to get to know them. Don't have my freemason ring yet, so to speak. It's been eight months Nine is apparently a rough average. But some go quicker or slower. My father told me some of the symptons that foretell an imminent 'maturing'. Narrowed pupils, complete insomnia without mental tiredness, elevated heartrate, heightened concentration (yes, I know what it sounds like) Usually, you should take that time to get somewhere private and dark, and perhaps restrained. Because after that, there are three hours of absolute agony as you go through the final steps and the original brain-stern is consumed and replaced. At the end, there's a short while where you're actually brain-dead. And then you wake up. Fortunately, those painful hours are not in your memory.

And of course I know they're behind me. They have to be, and they've bloody well proven it, haven't they. Elizabeth could have gotten into a lot of trouble obeying my orders, but she did. No, I have a lot of worries, but these three aren't it. What are they to me though? The thing is, that I didn't... actually have any strong personal feelings for any of them when I picked them. I felt an attraction to their intelligence, but none of us were really close. When Mark and I.... were together, I think he mostly thought of me as another notch. I developed more... nurturing feelings for them afterwards.

Anyway, I can't stand here mulling about this. There are issues that need my attention. I mentally make a list. Lists are a good way to get your thinking in order.

1: Fiona is being a problem. That remark about something in the drinks might be nothing. But I need to get someone to keep an eye on her. If she knows more, she needs to be discredited, and preferably, expelled. Killing her is an absolute last resort if it's that or exposure, naturally. I should be able to handle it with more finesse.

2: Emma needs more support. I didn't see her at the meeting, but she might be taking some solace from Timothy.

3: This 'teacher in the Study Group' thing is annoying. I honestly think it will reduce its appeal like I said. And I don't want anyone undermining me there. It's the ideal way to pair and break up people. What on earth are they thinking. I am a good influence on these people, you should support me, not limit me.

4: The murder attempt. Priority # 1 of course. Mark suggested Teresa. She was close by when it happened. I should seek her out. But first, let's see if I can.... get some insights.

I go into a girl's bathroom, taking out my cellphone and taking a deep breath. I always feel a bit self-conscious about this whole thing. It feels so... unscientific. But it gets results. Sometimes.

Gaze into Abyss about Teresa: 2d6+0 10 The Visions Are Clear and Detailed, The visions heal me, remove Busybody. +1 xp, level. Take Streaming.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Tim and Emma: Jen rushes back to the drama building and returns with a heavy duffel coat, and she helps hustle you back to Ramillies. It seems like she's bought your story, for now. But something's changed in the way she looks at Tim. True to her word, she's not teasing any more, but she can't hide the adoration in her eyes.

Sorne: Cedric's reply turns into a stutter as he meets your eye, his own eyes drinking your gaze in. Fortunately for him, Teresa puts a playful hand on his shoulder. "A rendezvous, is it? Don't worry, I won't tell a soul!" Her words shake Cedric out of his stupor, and he stammers his agreement before leaving for his room.

Alex: "I'm glad you've decided to take part, Alex. It's only sporting for the first-born to take the field, given your advantage. And well done on finding such an able pawn." The old man is standing by the window, looking out over the grounds. When you stand by his side and look out, it's not Finisterre you see but your own lawn again. You watch as Alan chases Brittany and Richard, with Eleanor tugging at his hand, slowing him down. Eventually, he shakes his twin off in exasperation. Without her holding him back, his longer legs and greater stamina soon prove decisive, and he wrestles each of them to the ground in turn. "Alan is certainly one to watch now, wouldn't you say? With his sister and her Birthright out of the equation, he has a free hand... though he was always a rather directionless young man." The old man gives you a pat on the back. "And there's someone missing from this scene, isn't there? It might just have been a mistake, to advance your pawn so soon." As his presence fades, you're suddenly aware of Sorne's voice, through the door... and Teresa's, with her usual note of self-satisfaction...

Ash: You lean out from behind a familiar tree, turning your head just so... and you can see events back where you came from - just a few seconds of movement, like an animated GIF. There's no sign of the wolf, but Tim and Jen are standing around, looking worried, and there's someone else with them - Emma, of all people, shivering in a heavy coat. Her bare legs are visible beneath it, covered in cuts and bruises and angry red burns around the ankles.

No harm in making extra sure, is there? You take a few steps to the left and a few back in time, and now you're seeing an earlier image, red-shifted - Tim standing over the unconscious wolf-thing, stick raised, Jen dashing off for help. But no sign of Emma. So that means -

"Woah, she's well fit. Scary, though. Wouldn't wanna be you, mate, holding on to a promise from her." The young man from earlier is standing behind you. "Message from the boss. He wants some werewolf musk. Winter Court's going mental for that poo poo. He's generously offered to take that as payment for the new shipment, and for the troll bits. Which should be here tomorrow. Don't care how you get it, but she looks easy, so... you know." He grins at you and disappears back into the foliage.

Alexandra: It's a different side of the digital consciousness that your mind is diving through now - Facebook posts and classroom gossip and memories of occasional conversations. The words darling and dear and love repeated so often as to be meaningless. All the descriptions seem far too mature, or simply old-fashioned. Socialite, hostess, heiress, confidante. She's posh, yes, but deliberately so, aiming for an ideal everyone else here is trying to avoid. Which makes them hypocrites. Teresa hates everybody, Teresa loves everybody. Everybody hates her, everybody loves her. No friends, but favourites. She knows too many secrets to be trusted, but she's not discreet, so nobody denies she's good company. She would undoubtedly know what was going on last night, and she'd probably tell you... but only if it amused her, or suited her plans, or got her something she'd have trouble getting otherwise...

--

NEW SESSION, NEW SCENE
It’s 9pm on Thursday evening. To say it’s been a busy day would be an understatement, but the school makes no allowances for poisoning or petrification or werewolf attacks. You’ve all eaten dinner, and dutifully confined yourself to the house for two hours of lightly supervised work. Normally, you’d be free now, but you’ve been called to an unscheduled house meeting – Matron hustled you out of your rooms at the stroke of 9 and marched you upstairs to the 3rd floor common room. The whole year’s here now, including one unexpected face, crammed into uncomfortably close proximity, waiting for Mr Ruhlman to arrive.

Emma: You've managed to shower off and change, but you can't hide the cuts on your face and limbs, and the burn marks on your ankles and legs are particularly conspicuous. How are you going to explain it to people? For that matter, how are you explaining it to yourself? You've got a few fragmented memories of the afternoon - which memory has been haunting you since you came around in the Grove? You're acutely aware of how everybody smells, all of a sudden... you can smell the alcohol on Fiona's breath, and the earthy scent of the forest on Ash. What do you do?

Fiona: You've had a bit of time to unwind, but something's been on your mind, keeping you from relaxing completely... you know what I mean? How buzzed are you feeling now? Are you planning to hit anyone up for a good time this evening? Who looks like they could do with a break? And there's a new face in the house, it seems - do you know much about your local celebrity violinist? What do you do?

Alex: What did you and Sorne get up to once your unwelcome visitors departed? Are you worried about being exposed together? Are you surprised to see your idol AleSSandra coming through the door? She's been buttonholed by the charming Khalid - are you going to give her a less sleazy welcome? What do you do?

Tim: So, your girlfriend's not only a werewolf, but an amnesiac werewolf. Are you really up to dealing with that? You've been getting a couple of odd looks from people now they've seen Emma's injuries, particularly her friend Jess and, of all people, Mark, who intercepts you as you enter the common room. "Hey, Tim. I, uh, don't know what you're into, but I think you might have gone a bit overboard there, mate." He jerks his head in Emma's direction. He's smiling, but it doesn't quite reach his eyes. What's his problem, anyway? Is there anyone else in the room you could hang out with to take your mind off this? What do you do?

AleXandra: You make a quick mental note of what your fellow Yeerks are doing as you take your place in the common room, and as each of them crosses your mind, you feel a faint echo of what's on their minds. Has it always been like this? Mark's in a serious mood, interrogating Tim. Lizzie's leaning against a wall, watching Ash intently - you feel a slight current of deference as she catches your eye and nods, but it fades as her focus returns to her target. And Cedric... he's looking at Sorne with a uncomfortable mixture of desire and disgust. What do you think of that? Sorne is close at hand, in fact - do you want to check in on your newest candidate? And Emma looks like she's been in the wars - what's up with that? What do you do?

Sorne: So what are you planning to do with poor Cedric now? You can feel his eyes on you as you sit down, though he glances away quickly when you look at him. And have you decided how you're going to help Alex? The cat's out of the bag about your collaboration now - do you care? You've ended up next to AleXandra - are you going to return her compliments from earlier? What do you do?

AleSSandra: Not much of a welcome, is it? Or do you prefer it that way? Your entrance hasn't gone entirely unnoticed, though - the oleaginous Khalid approached you as soon as you came into the room and he's just invited you to a party tomorrow night. Do you accept? Does anyone here look like they could be a friend? How do you feel about being dorm-mates with Ash, who ruined your last relationship? What do you do?

Ash: What do you think of your little commission from Cleaver? What did the new shipment turn out to be in the end? Does anyone here look like a potential consumer? AleSSandra's here for some reason - are you going to make nice? What do you do?

Highlights:
Tim highlight Alessandra
Alessandra highlight Alex
Alex highlight Sorne
Sorne highlight Ash
Ash highlight Fiona
Fiona highlight Alexandra
Alexandra highlight Emma
Emma highlight Tim
Please put your player highlight in the first post. I'll do MC highlights once you've all posted. You can claim experience for hitting your highlights retroactively.

NPC list
String sheet including NPC strings and conditions

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Hot 2 Cold -1 Volatile -1 Dark 1
XP 0/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions:

It was actually kind of nice to go somewhere without being accosted by everyone in the vicinity of the area. So the fact that there was no fanfare about me joining the house was nice for a change. I didn't need, or want, to deal with a whole bunch of people trying to crowd around me. So when Khalid tried to corner me, it was annoying to say the least.

"You know Khalid, if I was going to go to a party, I'm sure there would be any number of people that I'd be willing to go with. So why would I want to go with you?"
<berenzen|home> Shut Down Khalid
<berenzen|home> !roll 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> berenzen|home, 4-1 = 3
<berenzen|home> welp

Walking away, I try to survey my new dormmates. Ash was here, that was a bit of a pain. Rationally I know that I shouldn't blame him, but a flare of annoyance comes up every time I look at him. But there seems to be other people around that look like I could get along with. I didn't know much about Fiona, except that she was a party girl. Alex was a fan, but he treats me with far, far more respect than a lot of my other fans, and I think that I could get along with him a lot better than others might. Alexandra might be friendly as well, she doesn't seem to move away from her Study Group, but that might just be a control thing. The biggest problem that I have, I suppose, is that I basically don't know these people, it's hard to make a guess on what all of them are like.

Alex, you're feeling a little bit darker today

berenzen fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Oct 17, 2015

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

I manage to slowly come down from my room and take one of the back seats - I can keep myself together enough to avoid notice, but I'd rather stay away from the teachers, just in case. Especially Ruhlman. Maybe I've made an enemy. I suppose we'll see. It's been bouncing around the back corners of my mind while I tried to just relax and watch old horror movies.

I'm feeling pretty good - any more and I'd be too unsteady on my feet to be fit for public viewing. I give Ash a little wink as I sit down. But hanging out with him again - well, let's take a bit of a break, if only for novelty's sake.

And there's the new transfer. I don't know much about her, other than that she's some sort of accomplished musician. I mean, I heard the general gist of the drama that sent her here - that's pretty rough. Boys claim to have a sort of informal set of rules forbidding that sort of thing, don't they? Maybe I'll see if she's up for anything tonight. I'm always up for making people feel welcome. And Khalid, it seems, is of a similar mind, though not of similar tactics. And it looks like he's only getting started. I head over to them, voice lowered.

"Hey Khalid, there's a lot of attention being paid to your parties right now. Ruhlman even called me in. You know me - I didn't tell him a thing, but you might want to avoid talking about them in public for a while. Someone gave him my name."

Manipulating him to basically shut up and leave Alessandra alone.
[03:33] Jolinaxas !roll 2d6-1
[03:33] Krysmbot Jolinaxas, 4-1 = 3
Ouch!

---

Alexandra's here, just creepily looking around. She'd be much happier if she followed my advice and just lived, you know?

Alexandra can highlight Hot.

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Oct 19, 2015

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Well, this was all bollocks now. Explains why Emma wanted to rip my balls off rather than just slap me a few times, among other things. Werewolves aren't known for their subtle approaches to problems. And now I need to somehow get some of her musk while trying to avoid the obvious solution, especially since she seems more likely to snap something off than shag at a moment like this. Plus, there's all sorts of reasons that human Emma won't make the right kind of musk or whatever, so I'm hosed. Still, I'm not an idiot, so I can solve this. I return Fiona's wink, but I've got my own poo poo to deal with. Normally, I'd make the effort to welcome the new girl, but now's not the time.

I know the suspiciously bagged nightgrass, as we call it on the other side, would make for quite a party favor. It's all green and tangly, making it easy to convince someone that it's just some actual grass if they don't ingest or smoke it, but it's got some hallucinogenic effects that make it pretty amazing. Nothing too bad, though, so it won't bad acid trips with people murdering one another, just.. well, people seeing weird things. Also has a calming effect, so it should make people pretty out of it. Timmy and even Alessa might like it, the artsy types. You never know with them. Probably not Fiona's thing.Then again, if Emma decides to go wolf or whatever, it'll turn into a bloodbath. But gently caress it, we live for the now, not for the later. Speaking of, might want to check on Emma. Especially since I need to see her sweat or whatever. Bastard didn't even say how much.

I make my way over, trying to look apologetic without actually planning on apologizing if I don't have to. "Emma."

Fiona highlights Dark

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Hot: 1 Cold: 1Volatile: -1 Dark: 0
XP: 0/5 Harm: 0/5 Conditions: Under suspicion
Locations: Common Room

Hm, Teresa. She might know more. I still haven't quite been to get much leeway among the high nobility, except Cedric. Between that cur illwood-Saxbury and Alexander, those door seem to be relatively closed to me. But perhaps I should risk a rejection again. But be very careful what I tell her, of course.

Regardless, those are matters for later, as we're called for a gathering in the common room. Hopefully with news about Geoffrey? Then, I notice it. A... tighter connection with the others. I've always... thought I was aware of their presence. I assumed that was just emotional satisfaction of having one's 'offspring' nearby, but this. This is entirely different. Either someone has managed to slip something in something I hold or I can actually detect their frame of minds. Perhaps a way of detecting their pheremones? Or maybe there are things that could not be measured until now.

Cedric is looking at Sorne and... oh... oh well that at least partly answers that question. I guess... I guess I was just not his type, rather than not the correct gender. That's... fine. But what's that other feeling? I should go and....

Emma!

She's hurt. I feel Mark's tenseness as he talks to him. Liz is keeping an eye on Ash who's... heading towards Emma.

All right, let's put a stop to that right there. I move to put myself between Emma and Ash. "I think you should keep a fair distance, Mr. Motorboat." I say, giving a light push against his chest. "After your actions this morning I trust you as far as Prince Khalid there. I don't know what your part is in bringing her in this state, but rest assured, I'll find out. Go and brag a bit more to your drinking buddies, why don't you?"

Shut Down Ash: 2d6+1 5

I look behind me at Emma. "Unless you want to speak to this one?"

Emma highlight hot. You're gonna need it to talk your way out of this.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Am I up for dealing for with this? If it means constantly moving between one crisis to another, no. If it means keeping Emma safe, yes. I don't think I have the ability to keep anyone safe though. I barely saved Jen. What scares me most is that Emma could rip me limb from limb and not remember afterward. I keep wondering if I'll wake up in a hospital room or something. I mean, werewolves. This can't be real. I hadn't gotten the chance to explain what I've seen to Emma. I wish I had the forethought to take a picture but you know, fighting for my life. I need to take her for a moment and explain what I saw.

And of course, now I'm getting weird looks. Just another label to append to me, nothing new. All things relative, I can handle being thought of as a freak in bed. I will fight to scrub the image of an abuser if it exists. Mark walks over staring daggers and says something to me but I'm focusing on the commotion circling around Emma. It's the same players as this morning. Emma is a tornado, whipping all of us into a frenzy and throwing us into each other. I see Alexandra fumble trying to keep Ash from Emma. I wonder if I can slip in for a pick six. I make a scan across the room and notice Richard Pitt in the corner of my eyes. We live right across from each other so we chat from time to time. He's usually nice to chat with.

Mark seems to expect me to say something and as much as I want to punch his jaw, I have to make nice. Walking off is playing nice, right? I smile and walk past him towards Emma, pretending I didn't hear him. I don't know where that line of conversation was going to go and I don't want to. Mark gives me the chills. Alexandra and all her friends creep me out and I don't like that she's trying to get closer to Emma. I walk behind Emma, tap her shoulder and hug her tenderly when she turns around. I whisper to her, "I need to say something but things seem to be heating up here, why don't we move someplace quieter?" I tug her over to an empty corner while Ash and Alex are going at it. Interception in hand, I continue whispering, "I want to explain everything I know, about today. I didn't mean to keep you out of the loop earlier but I couldn't say it around Jen and I don't think there's space to say it all here. Um, do you want meet after this? Anyway, that's all I needed to say for now but I wouldn't mind if we stayed here for a little. I'm sure you need the space from those two."
-
edit: Shut Down Mark
[14:03] BClip !r 2d6-1
[14:03] Krysmbot BClip, 6-1 = 5

Turning on Emma:
[17:51] BClip !r 2d6+4
[17:51] Krysmbot BClip, 8+4 = 12
Taking a string.

Alessandra mark cold.
Gato: If I need to roll against Mark, just tell me.

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Oct 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile 1 Dark: -1

Ugh I look a mess. I was hoping the shower would clean me up a bit but I still look terrible. I don't have a clue what happened to me. Clearly something must have to leave me looking like this. But both Tim and Jennifer were being pretty evasive about what had happened and I was going to have to worm it out of Tim later. But it would have to be later right now I was fighting a battle to stay upright. I could see people eyeing me. The cuts and bruises were pretty visible but worse than that were the burn marks I looked like someone had tried to set fire to me from the legs up. I don't know how the hell I was going to explain that to people. The only thing I could think of was to say I'd sleepwalked into an electric fence. Which is the stupidest and lamest excuse ever but I can't think of a better one and it's the only explanation that could fit for why I looked like this. I could see Tim getting the third degree off Mark. Did he really think that Tim could do something like this to me? Did I? No. Tim wasn't like that.

I closed my eyes for just a moment. Which was a mistake. I saw the same scene playing out in my mind. A huge wolf-like paw crunching down on someone's neck. A rush of power and worse the feeling of satisfaction about taking a life. I shuddered at the thought. How could anything think like that. It was sick. And kill with such cold-blooded ruthlessness. I shivered in a way that had nothing to do with how cold I was. But there was Tim with a hug to distract me. I could feel his warmth pressed against me and I did feel better. Still maybe he had an explanation for what had happened to me. I would love to hear it. "Ok after this we'll find somewhere private to talk about it." I whispered back.

I turned to find Alexandra telling off Ash. Had he done something to me? I mean I know he was involved in some pretty shady stuff. Could he have slipped something into my food that caused me to black out and then afterwards..... No. I doubt it. I mean Ash is a massive bellend but I doubt he'd go that far. I smiled weakly at Alexandra. "It's ok I can deal with him." Not that I wanted too right now. But don't show weakness to a punk like Ash right.

[17:43] Ferrosol hold steady vs Ash
[17:43] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[17:43] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 11-1 = 10
carrying +1 forward for the rest of the scene.

I forced myself to stand straight and pretend nothing was wrong. "I have nothing to say to you. But say your piece and get lost before I make you get lost." It was a largely empty threat right now, I doubt I could fend off a kitten the way I felt. But I hoped Ash would believe it.

17:46] Ferrosol shutting down Ash
[17:46] Ferrosol !r 2d6
[17:46] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 10 = 10
ash loses a string on me.

Tim can get rather Dark and broody at times.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Oct 18, 2015

• Locked thread